The veg/vegan forum here is pretty quiet.
I was a high carb vegan for 4 years, and my first 7 yrs of low carb I was veg then pescatarian. For the next 5 years I have continued LC but now eat small amounts of white meat (4-5 servings per week, or occasional pork- maybe once a month).
I would steer you toward the south beach or semi low carb forums, which are much more active than this one.
Even though there might not be another vegan, you can adjust from this plans- for example, you can include beans and tempeh and fruit and nuts with those plans.
Sample menu ideas:
1. Granola made of toasted coconut flakes, pumpkin seed kernels, halved pecans, almond slices, etc.... In cashew milk with berries.
2. Hot cereal made from flax meal with nut milk, cinnamon, and a few apple or peach slices.
1. A snack bag of
Crackers made from flax meal (flackers) with almond butter
Cut up bell peppers, cucumber, carrot sticks, etc with hummus or baba gnoiush. Guac is another great dip for veggies.
A piece of fruit- can save the nut butter to spread on here instead of crackers if you want an apple or pear.
A baggy of mixed nuts or seeds- try dry roasted edamame to switch things up
Those to go packs of olives or pickles
Dry roasted seaweed crisps or kale chips
2. A big salad with whatever veg you enjoy, tofu, avocado, olives, etc.... Can add scoop of hummus as well, plus dressing. Nuts and seeds are also perfect.
3. Google hot to make "bread" from tempeh slices, then make a sandwich with sprouts, tomato slices, avo, roasted bell peppers......
You could also do pb and j with almond butter and sliced strawberries.
1. Asian stirfry with broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms, etc plus soy sauce, sesame oil, and tofu
I love using pre bagged coleslaw for a mooshu type dish. Search crack slaw on this site- just swap the meat for tofu. There are endless variations as it is a favorite recipe around here.
2. Spaghetti squash with homemade dairy free pesto and nutritional yeast. Cam add spinach or sautéed mushrooms, too.
3. Zoodles with Asian peanut sauce (pb, unsweetened seasoned rice vinegar, sweetener, soy sauce and crushed red pepper). Add whatever other veggies or tofu you want. Can also top with a few crushed peanuts.
4. A chilled edamame salad with roasted peppers, dressing, pickled ginger, etc....
1. Coconut milk ice cream made with non caloric sweetener- Splenda, stevia, whatever....
The brand so delicious makes an unsweetened variety. I love it!
2. Frozen berries in coconut milk with sweetener
Or blend froZen berries in milk for a smoothie
3. An apple or banana with almond butter
4. Use an avo to make chocolate mousse
Basically, I think you can do a moderate low carb diet, but you need to plan carefully and supplement b12.
And you will find more support is semi low carb or so forums