Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-29-12, 09:24
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF + IF
Stats: 245/218/140 Female 59in
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Back on the Wagon Again

Hi all,

I'm new to join up, but have been reading here off-and-on for a while. I did my first Atkins-style weight loss in 1981, I think. I was successful then, and kept the weight off for several years until a combination of stress and carelessness took its toll.

Since then, I have never managed to stay on the plan long enough to reach my goal, and I just gain more and more. After a while, I couldn't even get Atkins to "work". Two years ago, I used low fat/vegan plans to lose 50 pounds, and shortly afterwards ended up in the emergency room with a gall bladder attack (the two may be linked, or may not, but I'd never had any particular issues with it before). I determined to resolve my gall bladder issues without surgery, and while I focused on that, all my weight came back.

I have had no gall bladder attacks since January, and I consume fats (good ones, for the most part) without symptoms. However, the explosive weight gain started (this time around) in February.

So, I'm back on the wagon. Started Saturday (always start on a weekend, when I have free access to food). I bought a huge pork roast last week in anticipation of the plan, so there would be plenty available. My weight was actually up on Sunday, but down by Monday, and down further today. I know it's mostly water at this point, but I needed to see it go down.

I'm taking this week off work, not because of the diet, but it helps. I want to be firmly into ketosis before I go back. Makes it much easier to resist temptation. And, besides, the urge to munch will be greatly reduced. My test strips should arrive tomorrow, so I'll be able to monitor my levels through plateaus.

For now, I'm really only using Atkins. Some years back I used Carb Addicts, and eventually got to where I was eating once a day, so I figure Intermittent Fasting can be in my future again. I plan to work into it over time. As for the ?, I've been fascinated by the discussions on Cold Thermogenesis. The idea of plunging my body into ice water doesn't really appeal to me, but the results they claim do.

Wish me luck.
Kenna
Sponsored Links