Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 09:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/237/170 Female 5 feet 3 inces
BF:
Progress:
Default Last HOpe

Hello All~

My name is Kate, and Im 22 years old. I was never "thin", but my weight of 150-170 always suited my 5'3 frame. After working a desk job for the last 3 years, and being a full time night student, my weight has somehow balloned to 242lbs. It is out of control. Sometimes, Ill go out thinking I look sexy, good, like ME....then all of a sudden I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror/window, and wonder who the HELL is that fat chick?!?!....And Im shocked to see its ME.

Lately, my weight has also been affecting my health. Constant lower back pain, no energy, cant keep up with my friends during physical activities. I am uncomfortable in airplane seats, ballgame seats, movie seats.... I want my life back!

Jenny Craig didnt work, low-cal didnt work, Weight-Watchers didnt work...Not didnt work, but I just could NOT stick to their plans. I pray to God that low-carb is something i can actually keep up with. I dont want to be fat and unhealthy. I just want to live life like a normal person.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 09:45

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 232.8/210/185 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Kate...I think you will be pleased with low carb. I find it pretty easy to stick with. The first few days are tough, but you can do anything for a few days, right. Do you have an Atkins book? Make sure to read the book! The website is great too, but at some point, the book will be very handy. It explains a whole lot more. I have been lc for almost 5 months. I have good weeks and bad weeks, but I always seem to get back on track because I like eating like this. I feel good, eat yummy food and lose weight. Cant beat it!! Make sure to start a journal so we can check on you and support you. You will find this sight to be an awesome place for advice and support!! Best of luck...visit me anytime!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 09:49

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hello 2DAMN, you are on the right track, however, you really should grab a book and read it. I am doing Atkins and I will go out on a limb and recommend Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.Here is a site that can also help
http://www.atkinscenter.com

Good Luck on your journey,
Black57
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 18:03

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi Kate!

Congrats on starting Atkins! This site is great for info and advice! I would definately start a journal! I, like you, have tried many diets. This is the first diet I could stick with for more than a couple months and I've been getting really good results. And I know I can keep it up for the long haul!

Are you in induction? If so, I would really recommend you follow it to the letter. You will be thrilled to find after a few days you have more energy than before and you're cravings for high carb junk will be tremendously diminished! And I'm sure you will be excited by the results you get on induction!

Cheers!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 06:24

Stats: 170/165/135 Female 5'9"
BF:25.1%/19.8%/19.0%
Progress: 14%

Welcome 2damn....a big high 5 to you for still trying!
If you stick to the plan it should work for you. Best of luck
and hang in there...don't give up!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 10:17
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%
Smile

Hi Kate,

Welcome to the forum . Like you, and countless others here, I have tried loads of different diets over the years. It was the old yo-yo thing, you lost weight, got sick of the plan and then regained it, and then some. When I first tried Atkins, I couldn't see how it would work. Eating a fulk cooked breakfast, having cheese and cream etc. Well, I have to tell you it does work. OK, I've gone off the rails a few times, but I always end up coming back.

I wish the best of luck. As other have mentioned, it is useful to start a journal. People can leave messages and tips there for you and you can also record what you've been eting and just about anything else you want to in there.

Enjoy!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-04, 10:38

Stats: 243/237/170 Female 5 feet 3 inces
BF:
Progress:

Thank you all for responding. It was very kind of all of you, and i appreciate you suggestions. It really gave me a kind of "boost"...I do have Atkins cookbooks, and a good understanding of how the low carb life works.
I went to my first Curves workout yesterday. I hope I can do this. I pray that the Lord gives me willpower.
I will be starting a journal soon, thanks for that tip!
Hope to chat with you all soon. God bless and Good luck.
Kate
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 16:34

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/230/165 Female 5ft2in
BF:
Progress:

Last H0pe,
I saw your message and i am too fat i keep eating the wrong food -i just keep depressed with myself -i will see a doctor if i don't start helping myself--i feel like i have lost hope..Gal from Ks.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 18:09

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile

#10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 20:08

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

Hi.
You'll find alot of support and encouragement here. Remember the first 2 weeks are the hardest but stick to it. You really should read the book for all the do's and don'ts.
Good luck, you can do this !!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 14:56
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello and welcome Kate!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 15:27

Stats: 220/161/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:a scarey amount
Progress: 74%

Welcome to the forums Kate. Good to have you here
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 15:43

Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

OMG Kate...you nailed my feelings exactly! I'll be thinking I look great and then voila, there I am in the window looking so fat and, in my opinion, disgusting!
I hope your program goes real well for. There have been a lot of successing on this site. I wish the same for you!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 21:27

Stats: 207.5/201.5/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default be gentle one yourself, it will happen

So glad you are here. I am new too.

I read your note and I can relate to you on the back pain, and all the diets that just waste your money, and with no results.

Hang in and glad to meet you.

Elise