Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 15:48
Honoured to be here

Plan: atkins
Stats: 302/263/210 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Calling All Weight Trainers....

OK, its now time, after 15 yrs off, to take to the weights again..

I'm gunna treat myself to a good quality multi gym as the gym lifestyle just doesn't fit into my life...

I did 5 years semi-serious weight training way back then, so am fairly OK with what to do, what I'm unsure about is whether to go cardio or go bulk?? (OR a bit of both)

the aim is to get to a stage (about 230lb I reckon) where i can start running again (after stopping smoking of course ) so I'm unsure how to approach this bearing in mind my new eating regime..

any help will be greatly appreciated guys, i know theres a few of you on here into this big time, so any advice will be listened to...

for the record, my preference was always for heavy weights / few reps, and the routine i used to do most often was 6 reps until you complete the set, then immediately up the weight, only increasing the weight once you have completed the full set of 6..

dunno if this is a good method, but it worked well for me all those years ago...

look forward to any replies, all welcome...

all the best..

Tony
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 16:27
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey there Tony -

I think I kinda lift like you do - I like to hit 'em hard in short heavy sets myself.

Why not post this up in the exercise forum? There are quite a few of us in there, and there are some really helpful stickies to guide you along. You might like it in the CKD forum - that's where most of the bodybuilders hang out. We'll be glad to have one more on board!

Here's the link to the main exercise forum: Exercise Forum