Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 04:01

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maral427
Hi namaste! So glad you are here!! Welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you and reading your posts!!!

Thank you. Looking forward to getting to know you too.

Today I’m going to make an Italian style chicken casserole. I’ll add tomatoes, basil and olives and then add a small amount of crumbled low fat feta when I serve.

I’m going to look around for some SB recipes. I remember the tuna and red bean patties were quite good.

What are you guys eating?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 04:05

BF:

Checking signature
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 07:40

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 235/224/150 Female 5'4
BF:

Hi Nemaste, glad to see you back that Italian style chicken casserole sounds delicious.

We are planning on grilling today. Steak with mushrooms, onions, and a green salad. we will see because it is supposed to rain all day

This morning I need to work on a meal plan that I didn't do yesterday, so I can go grocery shopping for the week. I also need to do laundry and set up my food journal that I haven't touch in about two or three months.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 10:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyfit
Hi Nemaste, glad to see you back that Italian style chicken casserole sounds delicious.

We are planning on grilling today. Steak with mushrooms, onions, and a green salad. we will see because it is supposed to rain all day

This morning I need to work on a meal plan that I didn't do yesterday, so I can go grocery shopping for the week. I also need to do laundry and set up my food journal that I haven't touch in about two or three months.

It’s in the oven and smells amazing! I had a huge packet of skinless chicken drumsticks in the fridge so I ended up using them. They are 2g of fat and 0.53 saturates per 100g so they fit SB well. I threw in lots of fresh herbs, garlic, spring onion, green olives, tomatoes and SB friendly veg. There’s enough there for a good few meals so that’s lunch and dinner taken care of for a couple of days at least.

Ooh steak with mushrooms and onions. Forgot how much I like that. In fact, anything with mushroom and onions is good!

Do you have a paper food journal or do you do one online? I guess I should start one really. Be good to see how what I eat in any given week affects my weight loss. I’ve so gotta do this Izzy. I’ve been so lost, starting and stopping different plans, it’s been ridiculous. I’m committed to staying on plan. So nice to have people to talk to! Let’s get the numbers moving!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 13:36

BF:

Nemaste- I used to use my fitness pal for my meal to calculate the calories, but to me it was too much time consuming.

Now, I don't count calories, but I do like to keep track of my foods. I have arthritis and I noticed that certain foods inflame my body, so having a food journal is good to go back and see what is causing my inflammation.
I noticed that paper works better for me. I have what I called food and fitness journal. I keep track of my meals, pain, weight, and exercise. I better say that I used to keep track, because I haven't use it in a few months. I also used this journal/planner for motivation, and too keep some healthy recipes.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 15:10

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi.
So glad we are posting and have a new girl on broad.
We can have slip ups in any plan, But the key is to get right back on and keep at it.
Few slips to none shall we, far all this Sept.?
I'm doing good and I will no mater what This month I'm staying on track. Keeping cals.>1000 or little less.
I keep track on my cals. and I eat healthy carbs. and good fats, Lean meats{When I do.

No breads, rice, noodles, nothing like that.
Very once in while do a low carb veggie wrape as carbs are 5
You have to find what works for you and this plan seems ok.
The other Key you must do>Is move that body and get weights in there to.
Muscle burn fat.
and the other key have others to help u and talk to.
Just saying this month we will .
Hope 2-3 lbs. Each month till Jan.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 17:15

Plan: Southbeach diet
Stats: 425/202/160 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi ladies. Leaving for home in the morning. Had a wonderful trip. It was alot of firsts for me. When I started on my weight loss journey march of last year I weighed 380 pounds. I was bigger at one point. My highest was 425. I could not walk more than a block without gasping for air and losing my breath. Taking flights used to be an ordeal. I was so big the airlines would give me.an extra seat because I couldn't fit in a seat. If I took public transportation I always took more than one seat there as well. This trip yesterday I walked over 5 miles. Today I did over seven and climbed all of the stairs up and down the Lincoln memorial. We took the train into Washington DC as we are staying in a hotel in Arlington va. I had plenty of room in my single seat and my honey had no issues sitting next to me. I am now even able to do simple things like cross my legs. I am able to enjoy camping and hiking and being outdoors. Things I could never do before because of my size. I really am great ful for the new chance at life weight loss has given me.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 17:17

BF:

Hi nemaste. I have been journaling my food on here by posting. It keeps me accountable as I know people will see them.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 04:37

BF:

Good Morning, I don't have much on plan for today, except for cleaning the house and make a few calls to change my address. The boys are staying after school in different clubs. DS1 just left for school and I am planning on going for a 2 mile walk after DS2 goes to school.

Maral, very proud of you! You are such a great inspiration, seeing you posting your meals everyday it gives me ideas and it is helping me to stay accountable too. Those non scale victories are the ones that keep us going, you are doing wonderful and your hard work is paying off. I am glad you had fun in your DC trip.

Janet, thanks for the advice. For me eating right and staying active goes hand by hand. We are going to do great this month.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 06:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyfit
Nemaste- I used to use my fitness pal for my meal to calculate the calories, but to me it was too much time consuming.

Now, I don't count calories, but I do like to keep track of my foods. I have arthritis and I noticed that certain foods inflame my body, so having a food journal is good to go back and see what is causing my inflammation.
I noticed that paper works better for me. I have what I called food and fitness journal. I keep track of my meals, pain, weight, and exercise. I better say that I used to keep track, because I haven't use it in a few months. I also used this journal/planner for motivation, and too keep some healthy recipes.

Sorry about the Arthritis, that must be hard to live with with . I know what it's like to have a chronic illness, I have chronic fatigue/ME which can see me bed bound. I’m having tests at the moment as I’m suffering from symptoms of peripheral neuropathy.

Basically my body feels like it has severe sunburn as well as stabbing pains and pin prick sensations. It’s totally crazy, I honestly feel like I’m dying at times and it’s relentless.

I’m so scared of what the underlying cause is but I have to push forward, what else can I do ugh.

I guess it would be good for me to start a journal, see if there’s a correlation between what I eat daily and symptoms.

Last edited by Nemaste : Tue, Sep-04-18 at 06:48.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 06:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetkind
Hi.
So glad we are posting and have a new girl on broad.
We can have slip ups in any plan, But the key is to get right back on and keep at it.
Few slips to none shall we, far all this Sept.?
I'm doing good and I will no mater what This month I'm staying on track. Keeping cals.>1000 or little less.
I keep track on my cals. and I eat healthy carbs. and good fats, Lean meats{When I do.

No breads, rice, noodles, nothing like that.
Very once in while do a low carb veggie wrape as carbs are 5
You have to find what works for you and this plan seems ok.
The other Key you must do>Is move that body and get weights in there to.
Muscle burn fat.
and the other key have others to help u and talk to.
Just saying this month we will .
Hope 2-3 lbs. Each month till Jan.

Thanks Janet, it’s good to be back and yes let’s go for a no slip September!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 06:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maral427
Hi ladies. Leaving for home in the morning. Had a wonderful trip. It was alot of firsts for me. When I started on my weight loss journey march of last year I weighed 380 pounds. I was bigger at one point. My highest was 425. I could not walk more than a block without gasping for air and losing my breath. Taking flights used to be an ordeal. I was so big the airlines would give me.an extra seat because I couldn't fit in a seat. If I took public transportation I always took more than one seat there as well. This trip yesterday I walked over 5 miles. Today I did over seven and climbed all of the stairs up and down the Lincoln memorial. We took the train into Washington DC as we are staying in a hotel in Arlington va. I had plenty of room in my single seat and my honey had no issues sitting next to me. I am now even able to do simple things like cross my legs. I am able to enjoy camping and hiking and being outdoors. Things I could never do before because of my size. I really am great ful for the new chance at life weight loss has given me.

Hello Marla! What an inspiring story. I’m so happy for you, yay! Can I ask what plan/plans you followed to date? Wow your stats are amazing! Well done you!
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 13:42

BF:

Lisa, so glad you had a wonderful time.
The healthier you get and more that you keep going and learning about your body and self. It becomes a wonderful gift.

Yes, it is hard to take the first steps. We have done it so many times. Lets face it, >Bad foods taste good. But with new ways to eat and change those bad foods and learn and eat the good foods. It taste great too.
I have been doing this since Aprli 1st 2013.
Getting getting heathier helps the body heal.and gives it a chance to fight when it needs to.
After Dr. apointment to check my eye.Came home and ate soup and 2 rice cakes and cheese and 1/4 slice Avoaco.
My blood presure was 117 /78 so good.
I was going to go to Y but decided to hold off as not feeling like it.
Dr. gave me eye drops and I will go to eye Dr.
Do you girls read books on diets or health? Boy I do.
I also take b12 and other vitamans.
Today still holding 127{Not good.But one day hope it will drop and get me back to 120.So I can keep going .
that scale sure messeswith me. So that is why maybe weigh once aweek or 2.
So glad we are getting going and lets keep at it.
We want more Drum rolls.
But I think all of you should have one now,>.Drum roll to u ALl.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-18, 22:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemaste
Hello Marla! What an inspiring story. I’m so happy for you, yay! Can I ask what plan/plans you followed to date? Wow your stats are amazing! Well done you!

Hi namste, my plan of eating is pretty much South beach diet as recommended by my physician and nutritionists. What I journal everyday is pretty much what I have been eating! The only variation is that I aim for a minimum of 60 grams of protein daily ( per nutritionist) where South beach does not tell you you have to have a certain amount of protein. I really love how I am eating now! I no longer feel tired sluggish.and dragged down by carbs and sugar.

Janet i want to thank you for mentioning vitamins. Since you have been posting about them I've been taking them!!

Izzy- how are you doing?

I am thinking of making a pot of black bean soup this week. I love beans! I have been pureeing them with cooked cauliflower for mashed cauliflower! Absolutely delicious! There is also a white chicken chilli from kaylins kitchen I want to make over the weekend (it is delicious!!!) I have leftover steak and steamed broccoli from dinner for lunch tomorrow. Also found 2 servings of taco cauliflower rice I made a few weeks ago and tossed in the freezer which will give me lunches at work until friday. Had a great time on vacation but I'm glad to be home!tomorrow back to work and the gym.

Have a good evening ladies!!

Last edited by maral427 : Tue, Sep-04-18 at 22:44.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-18, 10:19

BF:

Hi. I love beans to. I do 1/2c-*1c.[<
Going to go and get hair trimed. Put top down on my car away I go.
Later.
Doing good girls.When I do nt have meat.
That sounds like a plan for me with beans and caulflower.