Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-07, 13:22

Plan: Atkins Phase I/CCLL = 40
Stats: 187/165/135 Female 65 inches
BF:?%/30%/25%
Progress: 42%
Default Convert to Somersizing

I have recently converted to Somersizing from the Atkins plan. So far, its seems to work so much better for me. I used to contribute to the Atkins board and had to say my goodbyes for a couple of reasons but mainly because I got hooked on it. :-)

I am hoping to find some support and info here while Somersizing. I am going to try to keep my activity on the board in check and use moderation. LOL ... We will see if I can do this.

I always felt like such a party pooper on the Atkins board because everyone was always so happy that they had found a way to eat that they could maintain forever that made them feel great. I just never felt great on the Atkins plan and I am still not sure why I never did. I do feel good somersizing. I think because it is based more on the Glycemic Index than the omission of carbs. This diet is working for me... (a little more slowly than Atkins did) but nevertheless, I feel good and that is worth the slower rate of weight loss for me.

While I am enjoying finally finding my place in the low carb world, I am also embarking on a difficult phase of my transition ... getting off of caffeine.

I did some of my own research over the weekend and realized (reluctantly) that there really is a good reason to give it up as suggested by Suzanne and also Dr Atkins. It makes your insulin levels wacky! So... starting to do half decaf today. I am hoping to remove it from my diet within 2 weeks.

Anybody else going through this or have any advice to me. :-)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-07, 08:43

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

It too am going through giving up caffeine -- not intentionally. I ran out of my regular coffee and all I had on hand was the decaf. I'm not really liking it and I'm not certain if I will continue... I just LOVE my coffee...but I thought I'd give it a chance.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 06:24

Plan: Healthy Low Carb
Stats: 190/143.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 71%

Hi!

I gave up caffeinated coffee and switched to decaf during a previous induction - it was really hard for me - very painful headaches. This time around I started induction with decaf, but just changed to tea. It satisfies my need for a warm drink, has 0 carbs, and once you get used to the different taste, can switch between types and get lots of "flavors". It's supposed to have various health benefits, too.

I can't say that I don't sometimes want coffee, because I do. But, it's also good to know that another thing I'm craving and addicted to is gone!

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-29-07, 15:37

BF:

Good job on the tea!

I'm still drinking decaf and getting used to it. Finally!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-07, 17:59

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I just started Somersizing as well..it's been 8 days..sugar free..I've cut down my coffee from 4 or 5 to just 2 a day... I have already lost 3 pounds this week while having 2 coffees a day and right now have no plans to completely cut it out.
I just love it too much
I just love this plan...I used to do CALP, which is very similar..in that I only ate carbs once a day (called RM for reward meal) with 1/3 protien, 1/3 low starch veggies and 1/3 carbs.
I still had cravings and knowing I could have carbs (translated sweets for me) everyday, it was taking forever to lose weight this second time around.
Now, on this plan cutting out sweets, I have no cravings and feel so much more in control and I am so less bloated and best of all, the scale is finally moving in the right direction.
I hope to see more activity on this thread.
MA
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 06:50

BF:

MA -- I love, love, love SSing. I like that I concentrate on making delicious foods that I enjoy. Just doesn't seem like a diet to me. And I love coming up with new ways to cook veggies. Kinda fun! I still get sweet cravings (like crazy) once a month, but I always keep some of Suzannes hot cocoa on hand for those days.