Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: //145
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up DO OR DIE !!!

Hello everyone. Just started this thing today. I am a 52 year old grandmother and have never been as heavy as I am right now. Basically, this diet is my last attempt to save my life. I have been on every diet invented so I have basically dieted myself to this weight (not going to tell what that is right now.) Anyway, I am going to need lots of help and support so HELP !!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 18:45

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Yeah, your here Judy....I'm so happy to see you. (Everyone, this is my close friend Judy...I just love her to death!)

This site is great as I have told you before. Great people, great support. We are all here for one common thing.

To get healthy, feel good, and while we are at it, lose weight.

You go girl We want to hear from you.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 18:57

Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Welcome Joodsie! I know exactly what you mean when you say that this is your last attempt to save your life. That applies to me big time! I started this low carb WOL most of all because I couldn't stand feeling so horrible all the time. I was slowly killing myself with my lifestyle. For most of my life I've been very overweight, exhausted, had major aches and pains in the back and knees, IBS, heart palpitations, and my cholestorol and blood pressure were steadily climbing. I knew that if I didn't do something NOW, it might be too late, sooner than I wanted to believe. So I've been lowcarbing for two weeks now and I feel great! My energy is much improved, no more IBS, no more fatigue and the weight is coming off! I know already that this is good for me, I can feel it.

Congrats on taking charge of your health, and best of luck to you! Stick with it, take it a day at a time and you will do so great! And of course, hang around here in this forum as much as you can, the people here are so knowledgable and supportive. They've been my cheerleaders from the start, and their input is invaluable to me!

Wendy
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 19:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Judy, glad to meet you. Hope we can help you out.
I think you will find the support really great here.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 19:39
Registered Member

Stats: //145
BF:
Progress:
Default Do or Die

Thank you for your support Shelley. From the looks of it there is lots of support and friendly people in here. I think I am going to enjoy this site, and maybe for the first time in my life succeed with a diet !! Thanks again.

Judy
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-01, 19:52

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Judy my love, this is a wol eating (way of life) not a diet.

Trust me, I don't feel like I'm dieting at all. Did you when you were here for dinner the other day?

Wishing you great success, keep us posted. You may want to get in with the journal also. Keep you honest and on track, by recording your foods you eat each day.

Love Wendy
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 00:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Judy!

You will succeed very well at changing your life 'cause that's what we do here! Just say no to "diets"!

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-01, 14:47

Stats: 245/245/145
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Judy,

Don't be discouraged as to how much weight you need to lose. Just remember, a thousand mile journey begins with the first step.

Cheers!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-01, 17:29

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome to our board judy! any friend of wendy is a friend of mine! please come here and post often! we are here for you!