Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#646   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-23, 05:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning

Trig-- Yeah I hear ya on letting the prom dress thing go. Could you get one online? I have ordered dresses online before. Not a PROM dress, but heck everything is online now!

Yup- it is mowing time!
Be CAREFUL on that roof! I just had to say that. LOLOLOLOL

I so thought of you yesterday! I did a STEAK HAUL! See below!

Hiya Lori/Nic!
--------------------------------------------------

I made it to the beach yesterday and got my FIRST sunburn of the season. It is not a bad one! But I was wearing a tank top and my chest and arms and neck got red! Not a real "burn" but I did get some sun and got red.
It was amazing at the beach yesterday! Every time I go, I just get JAZZED up! LOLOLOL

I am actually hitting up the beach again today, only I will hit up Kiawah state park beach. I am going all out to spend the 5 bucks for the parking and get in! It is the PRETTIEST beach I have found so far. On my list to hit though is Edisto. It is an hour out. Kiawah is 25 minutes.

I went to the store yesterday and got in on a steak sale! I STOCKED up- freezer full of Strip, Ribeye, and Porterhouse. YES PLEASE. I also got eggs on sale, got 4 dozen and ground chuck on sale for 3.99 pound. I tell you my freezer is STUFFED. I also loaded up on shrimp, and grouper. Oh yea, bacon, buy one get one! 4 packs boom done.

In other news. So, SC is doing a genetic study for free for all who want to participate. In return you get your genetic makeup and also some health conditions that encompass those people groups. So, I gave them my spit TWICE. Both times there has been issues with my "sample". So I have to wait for them to resend yet another test.

Well, I will do it. But I am getting inpatient with all the weeks and weeks of waiting. So, I bought and completed a 23&Me kit. I don't know if you know my biological sperm donor was adopted and knew nothing about his biological parents.
Back in those days you could give a baby away and the records got sealed and that was that.

What I do know is I look nothing like my mother's side at all. I was always the "odd" duck with darker and pronounced features. Yes, there is the German in me but what about the other half? So- now I wait some more to see what comes back! I have always wanted to know.
Funny thing is my DD just got the same test and we both did it at the same time. I can't wait to compare.

Today: well it's only 730 - so I thought I would spend a few hours on the job hunt for NEXT. Then I will head out around 11 for my beach time. I am thinking I will be back here between 2-3 and toss my steak on and sit on the deck for the rest of the daylight and have a sparkling water/lime/Vodka beverage and call it a wonderful day!

Have a good one!
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-23, 06:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Sun is shining today, but there is a fierce wind. Ugh. It may calm a bit this afternoon. I'd kind of like to get out for a walk if it stops blowing.

As usual, DH got up worrying about this and that. I'm getting tired of it. I don't know how to help him and having been up since 3AM(damn cat), I had no patience this morning when he started in. I think I was a little short with him..don't even remember what I said. I thought things were getting better, but he keeps harping about stuff. Even things about the sale of the house...and it's a done deal!! Nothing can be changed and yet he keeps up with the.."Maybe we should have done this, or maybe we should have done that" Enough! Sigh. I'm trying to keep him from driving me crazy right along with him.

---------

Jaz....Enjoy your beach time today, but throw on some sunscreen on the red parts! Hope the staffing issues are resolved before tomorrow.

Trig....You'll end up shopping for a prom dress the day before the prom! Won't that be fun?? Sounds like you have lots of farm chores to keep you busy today.

Nic....Heading back to MD today? Hope you've had a good week with some porch sitting!

---------

Over & out!
  #648   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-23, 15:09

BF:

Lori- Yeah, I don't like to be yammered at in the morning either! It's easy sailing for you two now?!?!? what is he worried about???

Did you get in your walk?!?!?!?!

Sounds like sleep might do you and miss kitty good!

WORK- They they will not be staffed up even before I leave. It was a devastating blow to our dept. To have 4 people just walk out Friday. It will take several months at least to build it back up. I will be LONG gone. No desire to stay!

Spent 3 hours and only got 4 resumes put out! Times are rough!

Windy and cold here again! Just dreading tomorrow. Urghhhhh the next 10 weeks with no staff.........
Oh well, such is the work place in the day and age.

Had a steak and eggs. Good, until I realized I actually bought provolone cheese! WHY WHY WHY did I do that? I need a 12 step group for cheese. tummy is in pain. Don't ask- how many pieces I ate- I will dodge the question. I am IN PAIN!!!!!!!!!
DAM I know better.

911: What is your emergency?
ME: I am in pain
911- Where is your pain?
ME- Tummy/gut
911: where you stabbed?
ME: yes- a package of provolone ran out of the refrigerator and got sucked into my gullet- fully ingested.
ME: Hello? HELLO????? hellooooooo,,,,,,,,,,sigh..........

Tomorrow is a new day............ Back on the horse now that the cheese is gone.

later gators- rolling my big, bloated belly to couch to curl up and watch TV

SO need a reboot. I have all the good food too!
  #649   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-23, 19:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

DOT long post coming tmrw. all is well. just busy today!
  #650   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 03:55

BF:

Morning!

Waiting for my coffee to brew. I am def. bloated today and feel miserable. My own doing. Maybe someday the pull will not be such a battle for cheese. I swear they need a 12 step program for cheese.

Anyway- I am rebooting. Believe it or not one of the OTHER things I bought at the grocery this week were sardines. I did something fun and bought one in every brand as long as it wasn't "flavored.
I wanted to try the "bristling's" The smallest of a sardine. So, I have those to try. Some are in olive oil, some are water packed. I was amazed at the price differences of some! Why some were over 3 bucks, and some were 1.19? I guess I will see.

Nic- Saw your "dot"- glad you are having fun! Will check back in later to get your updates! You are really busy in the best sense. You know just because a woman doesn't work outside the home doesn't mean she is not "working".
I used to get my pants in a wad over that. I would be in a group, church, or a party somewhere and it always came up from other WOMEN. "Where do YOU WORK?" I was in school, and raising kids- it was enough!

Now, I can't wait to get out of the work life. There is more to life than a 9-5. I think Covid changed the "face" of work and expectations. People no longer want the 9-5 and work until ya drop jobs. Not worth it. I am in that group!

Anyway- will check back to see what you're up to!

Lori- How did your weekend go? When is the big sale? Are you donating everything that doesn't sell? Are you supposed to clear out the house? I was under the impression the doctor bought the house and everything in it.

Did you get all that rain that moved though?

Trig- Did you get your grass field mowed? I tell you it is growing like weeds down here. Long and they can't keep it short. there is a "grassy" area out between the building I take Ruger. The grass is so long he refuses to walk in it now. I see why- it comes up to my ankles and my feel get dirty and wet just trying to walk. It desperately needs mowed down.

Any updates? Time marches on, doesn't it?!?!?
---------------------------------------------------------

So I am "back" in the saddle after my "blip". I bought it with the idea of ham and a "small" slice of cheese in an omelet. That went to hell in a hand basket rather quickly. I just have to keep trying to STOP. I go along great for a while- long stretches. Who knew how addicting cheese was until I read that article Trig posted. At least I know the why. Moving on and over.........

3/13 to go. It will fly I am hoping. I so ready. I did put in 6 applications this weekend. I spent some good time online but honestly, nothing jumped out and impressed me. Same ol same old.
I would love to try something different. However, I want ONE more "tour of duty" in this travel gig. I have a plan. I will be in a great position to take something "else" that is more rewarding and maybe doesn't pay as much. So, I put in my time upfront- stack, then I can have options.

I am thinking a research remote gig, or telehealth, or something other than a hospital. When I am done with the NEXT and last travel tour, I never want to see the inside of a hospital again unless I am a guest. That had better be a long time from now.

I have timed it out. So, if I take my NEXT the end of June- that would be July, Aug, Sept. and I would be done. I will take a break in Sept. for a couple weeks and hopefully have landed my 'something else" by then. However, if it came along earlier, I would be open to that too! I am putting in time, stacking $$ and looking now. It's a great place to be.

Charleston is great- but it is not a bag of chips. It is expensive. I also do not sense community here, unless you have been here YEARS and grew up here! I am so happy though I have had the opportunity to do a working vacay here! I have had the opportunity to live like a local= priceless. To try it on, wear it for a minute and hand it back- no strings attached!

Speaking of, I am heavily looking now at a Concord NC, right outside of Charlotte NC. They are seeking travelers. I am hopeful they still have openings when I can put in my request.
That would be 10 minutes down the street from my aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins. It would be 2 hours from the "kids" and Greenville, 4 hours from my mom. It's 1 hour from Lake Norman- that is a big lake. Also 1 hour or so from the mountains. I have been there to visit my family- it is not a bad area. Not sure if the lake has a beach area or not. It is def. Not the ocean, but it might be pretty still. TRIG- have you been there?

So- That is about it from me.
My son is coming for an overnight in 2 weeks- on his way back from Florida. My DD and kids are coming a day during their Spring break in April. A day here and there. No long term stays.

In May I work 3/4 weekends, and June 10th I am done. I have the apt until the end of June and plan on taking the following 2 weeks after work to totally soak up the last bits of beach time before heading out. TWO weeks COMING!!!! I am excited! It's paid for! Right here! Not working! LOVE IT. Then I will head north right as the sun and the heat arrive. June is pretty hot here though.

Gotta run.
Total egg, and burger day, tin of sardines. DONE. REBOOT is underway.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Mar-27-23 at 04:06.
  #651   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 04:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early enjoying my coffee. Wondering how DH will be when he gets up. I tried to talk to him about this fretting and worrying he's doing. He said he can't help it.....I told him, YES, you can. These "what if" thoughts are not helpful and you have to change your thinking. I'm hoping he feels better once we get Phase I of the house clean out done. The 2nd & 3rd floors plus the carriage house will be emptied by the auction company either the end of this week or beginning of next. Once Betty is at rest, the 1st fl will be done. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to worry about it. The company will clear it out and auction stuff off. I can't wait until we walk out of that house for the last time.

Betty has been looking bad the last few days. Somehow she hangs on. Her mind is still good, thank goodness, but she looks awful. It's such a shame for someone to hang on like this. We were there yesterday when they came in to check her vitals. Her BP was 106/60 and her heart rate was 85....which seems high when you're just lying in bed. When she was in the ER a month ago, her heart rate was going down in the 30's and then would jump up to 70's. One day at a time.

Enough of that. My golfing friends are wanting to play this week, but the weather is not looking great. Probably just as well as this could turn out to be a busy week up at "the house".

I've joined an online walking challenge for the month of April. It is a minimum of 30 minutes of walking a day for the 30 days. Also, being mindful of what I'm eating. It was started by a girl I found on YouTube and she set up a Facebook group for the challenge. I'm hoping it motivates me to get moving. I'm still wishing for 10 lbs off. That won't happen in a month, but I need to get the scale moving in the right direction. I may start before April 1st since this week there will be a few nicer days. Nice enough for walking..not so much for golfing.

Jaz....I would die if I couldn't eat cheese. If you would take Lactaid or another enzyme, do you think you could eat a bit? Such a shame.

Trig & Nic......

Not sure what I'll do today. Trying to figure out what to make for dinners this week. I made awesome pan fried Haddock last night.....so good. BIL is coming tomorrow afternoon and staying until Wednesday. He wants to get to see Betty again. We'll go out to eat Tuesday night.

Over & out!
  #652   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 07:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, we all get ya 'on busy' today nearing retirement and us all are in warp speed mode still at days on end...ugh but it is what it is LOL

Lori, give up on hubby. Time to put him aside and be you only......cause ONCE like ya say the auction place comes, he will feel totally diff on seeing what work has been done and how far you are ahead....til then ya can't now change him....but don't you go down the rabbit hole either. All will pan out in time.
There is a point I am all 'support' til that point I flip to 'friggin' figure it out ya PIA' HAHA yes that is my personality but it seems you are still being kinda, more power to ya on that one

Jazz always so interesting how you 'manuever' work and your 'new location' and more. Yea I know of Concord. I think I went thru there like 30 yrs ago I moved down here, I believe now it is super busy....super populated area cause of its location to work in Charlotte..basically all I know on it. Not a 'feel calm kinda and easy going area', but more populated and fast paced younger crowd living there life area.

------------ok fast post I remembered, when hubby told me, we have to drop off the Mega truck for work. tune of like 900....kill me but maintenance and more on this has to happen. no doubt but damn.

So I was gonna do a 'big shop' at grocery and I ditched that when he said truck time and drive time to drop off and I said I was gonna shop and he says: on way be back we can stop..........hand up in air.......hell f'ing no......I rely: NOPE! Ain't shopping with ya! and he laughs, goffs, big sigh and laughs more.....hey, Come on there ain't NO way I am EVER letting him come to the store with me on 'a real shop', done once and will never happen ever again HAHA
ran up to little smokehouse store for a few things til I can shop later.
Carby people are a PIA to buy for, they require SO damn much ya know. I am not that person anymore and this shopping is now a massive irk to me but I will live thru it. as we all gotta.

ok later........bleck
  #653   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 09:58

BF:

Hey all-

Jaz- Big hugs and also lol'd over your stomach's convo in your post. Your sense of humor came through even in your frustration with yourself. Love that. We just keep on trying, progress over perfection, right? Totally preaching those words to myself as I am pretty pissed at myself for overeating at dinner last night. We keep showing up and trying.

Your freezer stock up sounds great. YUM.

Really curious to see what your tests indicate and interested to read whatever you decide to share, which I assume you would do via email.

Lori- Your challenge sounds good. I hope you enjoy it.

I am on the bench with your husband this morning. My stomach has been in KNOTS today over a conversation coming with my Mom this afternoon. I do get that hearing it day after day is tiring though and yeah, the what if's can be too much.

Trig- Did dress shopping happen at all? What is the date of the dance?
Has Spring Break happened yet? My mind is a sieve.

•••••••••

Ahhhhh- I feel like I am on the meltdown express today. I mean, I have been sick to my stomach with just worry and stress today. I don't even know. My brother and I are doing a call today with my Mom today at 2, assuming she even remembers. I reminded her last night and she had forgotten. So who knows about today. She may well be asleep at 2 and I am getting all worked up for nothing.

Plus Rob's Dad is continuing to be up and down with his recovery and rehab, then hospital, then back to rehab, confusion etc etc. Is he able to come home, 24 hour care, assisted living? DH is worried and sad and stressed, as he understandably should be, and it just feels like a lot.

I really need to get outside- I think I am going to just sign off here, choke down this second sausage patty I just cooked bc my stomach is SO acidic right now and I can feel it... get out in the sun, disconnect, listen to birds and BREATHE for a bit.

Big hugs to all!
  #654   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-23, 16:08

BF:

Hey ladies

Quickie as I am just wiped from the day!

NIC
- BIG hugs to you as well! I have totally been on the [I]Meltdown Express-[/I] with no stops! I feel ya.
That being said- I am wondering how much of your angst is not so much "worry" but some frustration in there as well. I can relate as my mom is also one to "just put off............. Oh well....... Then shit hits the fan and the expectation are we daughters run to clean up the mess. (The husbands are as useless as an expired coupon).

Then after the anger subsides ya almost feel sorry for them as you realize they are incapable of doing for themselves. I am speaking totally for me at the moment. But I know our moms are a bit similar in their situations. GIRL, I feel ya!!!!!!! Hang tight you will get through this. You gotta dissociate yourself and look at it as nothing more than a "project" that needs solved. I know that sounds so rough and non-feeling. It's not it! It is boundaries for ourselves. What we are willing or not willing to do.
So..... Maybe I spoke outta turn here but I know what you are up against- and just how it grates- as it does me too with mine.
You are a bit more up close to that crazy train than I am- but trust me it is coming down the track at worp speed my way too!
Good news- your hubby and brother are there for you! Use your resources and then think outside the box. I know you are a planner!

Feel free to email me. I totally feel ya! HUGGGGGGGGGGSSSSS

So glad your FIL in a rehab!
Ok I went on the box here and I apologize if that was all unsolicited disregard then. But know we have your back at any costs and here for ya!

Sure hope you got some sun on that pretty face of yours and doggie time!

Trig-So your not shopping with a dude that tosses every carb in the grocery into your cart?!?!?!?!?!?
Your DD would have like YESSSSSSSSS FOOD!!!!!! HAHAHAH Even though we both know that garbage in a bag isn't "food".

Hey the smoke house is good too!
900 for a truck is about average! What did you have done? I need tires for my car and brakes at some point!

Hey I guess I should visit Concord again! I had visions of a small field town! My aunt lives sorta in a country area.

Lori-
- yup agree with Trig- just take it easy. You hubby will come around. You just do you. Play your game and get your walking in! Great goal!

Betty sounds like a trouper! She is a fighter for sure! Her vitals were PERFECT! She may be around a good minute! Especially if she is telling history stories!

Yum- whats for dinner!
---------------------------------------------------------

Need some chill time- later!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Mar-28-23 at 03:14.
  #655   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 03:58

BF:

Good Morning!

I have an interview this morning. It is a screener call. I looked up the company last night and I know reviews are iffy. Does anybody really LOVE where they work? VERY FEW.
So I am going to hear what they have to say. I will say though I got my calculator out last night and started running numbers.

I figured if I did 2 more "tours of duty" with 2 week breaks in between it would not be bad. Plus I would change locations of each. I am learning that 13 weeks anywhere is enough for me. Get in and get out. It MIGHT just be ok enough for me to do one more run after the next. It sure would put me in a grand $$ spot.

If I did it for ONE year I could buy a little beach condo and work part time going forward. It MIGHT be worth it. To really put my nose to the grind and then sit back and really enjoy life at 58. I would love to be able to "retire" and work part time doing a fun job then going forward.

I could do that if everything was paid - Zero bills- and my mortgage was 400.00 or less a month or even paid in full. I know I would need to keep a "fun" part time gig to pay for insurance and keep the lights on. But is would not be a healthcare job.

I am just doing some thinking............ At the end of the day I don't know what I am having for dinner let alone a year from now. But it did start me thinking about what I want and how to get there. So...... one foot in front of the other for right now.
I will for sure pick up at least one more tour, then maybe one more.
At this late stage of life, the $$ is too good to walk away from.

Stressful- yeah, but I am twisted in a way I love change. I don't sit for very long in any given place without getting restless. So, this fits for right now.

I have really learned ALOT from this "tour". First, it put me back in "the game" pretty fast. Second, it sharpened my skills for fast paced environments and quick thinking. It has also sharpened my organizational skills up. It has kept me from getting too complacent.

Also, I have learned to NOT do a second round anywhere. Sorta like having house guests that stay a bit TOO long. The vibe is different. When you first arrive- they LOVE you. Then it's like really are YOU STILL here sucking up $$ while we suffer? It didn't help that the staff where I am are getting nailed to the wall right now with 4 people quitting in a day. That really sucks for them.
They held an EMERGENCY meeting yesterday pleading for staff to pick up extra shifts. They are willing to pay a stipend of ...... wait for it......... wait.......... wait........ 150.00 for 8 hours. WHAT AN INSULT! OMG- not even overtime. People were pissed leaving that meeting. They are salaried so they are not getting "overtime". That is how the facility is treating them. WOW I was speechless.

Then somebody had the nerve to ask if I got overtime. Nobody's business but HELL yes for EVERY MINUTE extra I work I get time and half. That is also a sticking point with some folks. I have yet to work a regular 40 hour a week. I am averaging 42 hours. Those extra 2 hours may not seem like alot- but it adds up to almost an extra 900.00 a month! Now- that is a chunk of change for 2 hours.
Regular staff work longer hours than I do and make nothing. Yup- They are not hiring anymore travelers either. The staff is pissed about that too- it is just a hostile place right now. I get it. It is not personal. So time to move on. 3/13.
Enough work chatter. I am in a good place right now, so I keep my head low, do my job and go to the beach. Thats right!

I was last to post and first this morning!

Back at ya later!
  #656   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 04:59

BF:

Lori, waiting for an update. Hope is all more calm in your house in any way

Nicco.....Ahhhh, I sure get the meltdown. 2 elders to deal. It hit that way with my mom being super old at 92/93 time and then his mom was having 911 calls and we knew she could not alive alone anymore and we got hit with both sides too. I tell ya my mind was more in 'my personal retirement time and leave me alone time' and then one gets hit with big family issues and it melts us down, literally. Sad times and emotional and then frustrating to boot. YOU HANG IN THERE BEST YA CAN.....and take those bird watching, porch sitting, breathing times as you need. very important! Sending hugs!

Jaz, next year is 58 for ya? YES I WOULD DO ALL about buying paid in full small condo for yourself. You need no mortgage and hitting near 60 now my personal full issue would be 'set my azz up for a real retirement' with all debt handled. Key to it all. Yup your 60 will be a young one and you can work to keep the lights on but on your terms. Paid roof over your head, priceless!

I know your work place is insanity right now but honestly, would 1 more tour, with that good money you are making, put big bank in the wallet? for your future? You know what you do have in income right now, would a move put ya in the hole more or easier to stay.....1 more tour at best money ya can....cause like ya said....13 wk countdown is not that long literally. Kinda stay thru summer and commit and enjoy the area and your nice digs and then after another tour, move on with better bank.....believe me real fast big retirement and older age will be on ya.....truly, time to think real settlement, paid in full nice condo somewhere and then worry about the rest but darn, money makes the world go round and if ya need some, good cash now, might stay another tour? ME THINKING OUT LOUD ONLY here LOL
--------

---------today is a pain. call bank. crap mail about financials we did, WTH. get appt with our lady to fix this crap now and be done ya know.
then get this, online DMV to make appt for kids drive test, their site is so F'd up it is stupid....gonna have to drive down and make appt in person. DMV, the 3 worst initials for a place after IRS...haha
got other stuff to deal. I 'feel so far behind' somehow. Yea, story of my life actually LOL

I hit a nice marked down beef tenderloin steak at smokehouse store. Defrost to eat first meal, might do small cheese omelet with it.....then for second meal probably just cheeseburgers. OMG I DO not wanna think food. Super annoying now to feed everyone in the home so diff. than me. I dealt better with it before, now it is really an issue I am finding just mind numbing. bleck, get over it Karen

Tony's mom not feeling good. in bed 4 days, got xray for back issues? or guts? yesterday so Dr has seen here, now we see what crap is going down there. So far so good on her but we know her big ill health is gonna nosedive at times and this hits it so.....

over and out be good all
  #657   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic.....God bless you. You have the elder emotional roller coaster coming at you from both sides. No wonder your stomach is in knots. I hope you and your brother were able to have the call with your Mother yesterday as planned and that it went as well as it could.

Trig...Sorry to hear that you MIL is not doing well right now. At least she is in a facility where the Dr. comes to see her and they take care of her.

Did you get your barn roof fixed? It's always something, right?

Jaz....It is terrible how poorly the salaried employees are treated at the facility where you're working! I love your retirement plan. A beach cottage by 58 and a fun part-time gig? Yes! Having that in your sights will help you through the rough days. Good luck with the interview this morning. Do you have off today since you have to work over the weekend?

---------

I got out for a 30 minute walk yesterday and hope to do the same today. The challenge I joined doesn't officially start until April 1st, but I'm "banking" a few days in case I have to skip a day or 2 during the month of April. I'm really going to try not to miss a day....I know consistency is key. Both in exercise and eating.

My golf friends are playing today and Thursday, but I told them I won't be joining them. It's just too cold and we have things to do up at "the house". I'm hoping to hear from the auction company today with a date for Phase I of the clean out. If I don't hear anything, I think I'll email or call them. I want to keep things moving and get it over with.

I guess BIL is coming this afternoon and staying overnight. We'll go out for dinner to a local pub.

That's it from here. Just trying to hold things together till we get through the next few months.....or whatever.

We all have our "things" we're dealing with.....that's life, I guess. ((Hugs))

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Mar-28-23 at 05:20.
  #658   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 05:38

BF:

There ya are Lori

Yea the roof tin is nailed back down. One monkey off our backs handled LOL

Phase 1 of clean out.....omgosh when it is written like that it becomes 'a real deal project' ya know with hopefully an end, but we know a few other phases have to hit also....ugh....just breathe thru it all. Let the company do their thing you guys are paying for!!

I love how ya wrote.....will walk to 'bank' some walks to use when the challenge starts.....that had me laughing truly but yea, I get ya!! bank them up cause with your situation a day or 2 ya can't walk, you got a day banked! I just loved reading that

Yea cold here still too....we are SO close but me being so much more Southern you would think I would be into real weather but darn damp, chilly for sure, dank, no sun, icky clouds and possible rainy a bit and more still holding on. bleck....I tell ya WE ALL NEED REAL SUMMER soon if not for just being nice weather to function, for our friggin' sanity right? good weather does help us deal better, well it does to me.
  #659   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 08:49

BF:

Howdy all

god what a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was a freaking mess for real and today I feel so much better. Ideally I would just learn how to cope with all that stress better than I did, but that scheduled phone call hit every one of my buttons- anticipation, waiting, loss of control, difficult subject etc etc. My brain went haywire and took my body straight down the sh!tter with it.

Anyway feeling MUCH better today. took myself out to the woods this morning again to help my body reset and recalibrate from the adrenaline rush it took yesterday. All good.

Jaz- I like the way you are thinking, processing and planning for your future. I think additional jobs are a good idea, and I think you can think about where you might want to buy but I'd also really wave that caution flag at you. You *do* get restless, you do like change. Buying locks you in. Maybe after a couple of more tours of duty you lease somewhere for a full year or whatever and see how you feel about that area, about being more settled.

Not wanting to throw a damper on you AT ALL. And you may find and know for sure that you have found the place that you want to call home and settle. But buying is a big decision!

Lori- Hang in there my friend! Spring is coming and you (and I, et al!) will survive whatever junk life is throwing at us. The walks will do you good, just to get outside and move your body. Hopefully you have some sun- it is warm-ish and sunny today. I may go out again this afternoon for another walk.

Trig- YES GIRL you called it right on where I was yesterday. Thankfully a new day can bring about a resetting of the body and mind. Until the next thing comes along anyway!

••••••••

So yes, yesterday was the phone call. To be completely frank I did not expect her to answer the phone or be available so just the fact that she did that was a surprise and a win overall. We did get some movement, for the moment she is willing to allow us to start the process of trying to find a realtor for her condo, and also realizing that relocating and being in a smaller place with some assistance available to her would be helpful. So honestly, that was a lot of ground to cover. I feel like there may be some backsliding but at least we're heading in a direction of some sort.

I can't believe my daughter and I will be headed to Ireland in just a few days! I feel like my brain isn't quite grasping this information. We've left the trip pretty open ended and we're just gonna take things as they come. She and my son-in-law are supposed to close on their townhouse I think on Thursday so there's just bigger fish to fry at this moment.

Food is going well. I had the overeat on Sunday evening, yesterday I could hardly eat anything for nerves, and I feel like today should be steady and good. Gonna try to keep things level up until leaving on the trip.

That's about it from here!
  #660   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-23, 13:05

BF:

Nic......Ireland is just a couple days away????? I have totally lost the plot on that trip! How long will you be there? I love Ireland & Scotland. You will have a wonderful time!

So glad the call with your Mother was productive. It's hard for them to accept downsizing etc.

------------

Auction company is coming next Wednesday & Thursday.....thankful to have a plan. Now hoping for good weather as they carry all manner of stuff out to their trucks.

I didn't get out for a walk today. Cold freakin' wind is not my jam. BIL arrived and they are going to see Betty. I'll meet them for dinner later.
Closed Thread