Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 05:59

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear
I can understand a tummy tuck and butt lift or whatever, but since when does that change a person's FACE?

photoshopping, botox, facework too maybe... but whatever, we get it, she might be posting fake pics, maybe so....
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 17:21

Plan: Any low-carb
Stats: 280/270/185 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 11%

only two letter are needed for this : B and S
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Here is one of Kimkins customers. She must have had a tummy tuck too. She lost 47 lbs in 3 months.

#34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
Here is one of Kimkins customers. She must have had a tummy tuck too. She lost 47 lbs in 3 months.

I don't think you necessarily need abdominoplasty after losing only 47 pounds. Especially if you are exercising regularly. There's a lot to be said for weight training.

This one looks more believable, at any rate. Nice swimsuit, too.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 18:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I have seen people get to work on Photoshopping pictures. You can change hair color, eye color, brighten teeth, even give someone a tan! All blemishes, eye bags, any imperfections may be removed...it's a powerful program and pretty easy for even a beginner to use. I was amazed the first time I saw a picture go from blah to beauty with just a few clicks.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 18:59

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

And EVERY mag picture is touched up. Every one of them for some reason or other.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 19:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:

I hope she'll stay on the low carb lifestyle to keep her beauty for a long time. If she returns back to eating carbs, her story will go like this:

.............?
...... Before .............. After ............ 2 years later ........ 5 years later
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 19:19

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

What's up with all the posed clothes catalogue-type pictures on that site? They're mixed in with all of the regular people.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 21:28
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I hate to break it to people but many commercial diet pay people for testimonials. In my opinion, that is enough motivation for a person to not only touch up photos but even lie about their weight loss. Sometimes I think they even switch the before and after photos. In other words they were slim once and are NOW overweight, but reverse theeir photos to look like they are slim now. In fact, I suspect that some people actually give weight loss testimonials for several different diet programs because I have seen their photos on more than one diet website. They are like people in TV ads who make a living by doings ads and testimonials. In addition some online diet websites actually steal photos from other diet websites. I am not accusing anyone of doing this but know its been done in the past. My motto is: Buyer Beware!
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 07:38
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!

Quote:

We're supposed to believe that last one, in the red dress, is someone who is 49 years old? Puh-leez

Last edited by ReginaW : Sat, Jun-09-07 at 09:11.
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 10:20

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
We're supposed to believe that last one, in the red dress, is someone who is 49 years old? Puh-leez

this is all rather beside the point, isnt it?

the real point here is, does a reduced calorie, reduced fat, low carb approach to dieting work better than your standard low carb plan? I'd say the answer is a resounding yes, particularly when a standard lc plan leaves you stalled out rather short of your goal.

although I'm not too sure about long term maintainability of this type of plan, or of the impact on health if you take the extremely low calorie route (I dont plan to!)....

for me, I just want to use a quasi-kimkins style approach get back to my goal weight, and then take it from there... by then I should have a good idea of how much I can eat to keep that weight level... If I am hungry all the time, then I'll probably decide it aint worth it. but I do want to get there just once.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 10:53

Plan: ---
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreddy
this is all rather beside the point, isnt it?

Not really.

Kimkins is being discussed and it appears that the woman herself may be a complete fake.

PSMF etc. is also being discussed in this thread, but so is 'Kimmer' and her authenticity.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 11:32

Oh, the diet works, but it's not hers. It's basically Stillmans, and so many others have come up with a similar tweak to atkins that her making money (60 bucks a pop for membership?) that it just seems unfair if she is, in any way, faking anything.

I also hate that all this attention might make a diet that might have a chance at really helping people who can't stick to diets, or have a difficult time losing (like PCOS people, say) be judged as a fad diet.
My doctor told me low fat (which lowered the calories) and low carb. So, should my doctor then get 60 bucks from everyone she tells about this? funny thing is, when she told me this she didn't even know if it would work this well.

I don't get hungry at all on this diet. And losing a pound a day, if it continues is very similar to what gastric bypass patients lose.

And has anyone who has seen some gbp people eat after? I have and they fill up on stupid calories very often. I once sat with one girl who had lost 60 pounds in just over 2 months but she filled up on fries and a small shake. She said, oh, I take in only about 500 calories a day.

Uh, yeah, but you're not learning anything! she thought of it as a licence to eat whatever she wanted because her stomach would stop her from eating too much... which it did... for a time.

I pray that this time when I reach goal, oh please let it be this time, that I learn how to eat sensibly.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 12:09
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I may be wrong here (please correct me if I am) but does the Atkins or any other diet book devote multiple pages to making the reader agree not to hold them accountable if the diet doesn't work or kills you? I logged onto the KIMKINS website and clicked the join (PAYPAL) button to see what else was neccessary to join. Up popped a very long (several page) legal-type document saying among other things that in order to be a member of Kimkins, a person has to agree not to hold Kimkins responsible for anything ever at all. It even said a person's HEIRS could not hold KIMKINS responsible. Well my heirs would only have to hold KIMKINS responsible if I died, right? Hmmm....
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 12:18

Quote:
I may be wrong here (please correct me if I am) but does the Atkins or any other diet book devote multiple pages to making the reader agree not to hold them accountable if the diet doesn't work or kills you? I logged onto the KIMKINS website and clicked the join (PAYPAL) button to see what else was neccessary to join. Up popped a very long (several page) legal-type document saying among other things that in order to be a member of Kimkins, a person has to agree not to hold Kimkins responsible for anything ever at all. It even said a person's HEIRS could not hold KIMKINS responsible. Well my heirs would only have to hold KIMKINS responsible if I died, right? Hmmm....

I'm sure there are some disclaimers with all diets (such as no diet before seeing your doctor blah blah blah...) but WOW!!!! and ACKKK!!!!
Closed Thread