Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-23-05, 08:25

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 186.8/183/143 Female 59 in.
BF:
Progress:
Default Return to Protein Power

I have used Protein Power successfully before but after an initial success I went back to different High carb programs and of course lost nothing. Any how, maybe with the support of this forum I can succeed again Hope, Hope, Hope! I did not discover this forum until now and returned to Protein Power a couple weeks ago. So far I have not done as well as previous times when I lost 20 pounds in a month but I am in my 70's now and everything has slowed down. Anyway, I think this might be a great help to me. I have 40 pounds left to loose and I am determined.
Ellie143
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-05, 14:21

Stats: 177/154.4/124 Female 5.4"
BF:
Progress:

Welcome, Ellie143,

I have been on PP for several years, was on it deligently last fall and had lost 27 lbs and still had 20+ to go. Untill the last three months, when I have thrown it to the wind and gained some weight back, the plan was working.

I plan to get back on, starting today.

You are right as each time you "start" the plan over, it seems it is not as easy as at first time to loose the weight, but with perserverence, it will come off. Also, for me, each time I try to add carbs into my plan above a certain level, I gain, no matter what.

Best of luck,
Claudette
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 07:43

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

HI, Ellie and Claudette! Good for you for recognizing the best plan ever (low carb)! Yes, it does seem to become more difficult each time you start over. But, by dedicating yourself to the plan, it should work for you.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 18:50

Plan: protein power
Stats: 180/180/155 Female 5''10
BF:
Progress: 0%

Since i am just starting protein power, I wonder if anyone can tell me how many ounces of meat is equivalent to 23 grams of protein.

thanks
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 19:10

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

1 oz of meat/poultry/fish or 1 egg is ~7g of protein, so 3.3oz of meat would give you 23g protein.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 10:30

BF:
Question Carbquick bake mix

Can anyone tell me if they have ever used Carbquick bake mix. It lists 40 calories per ounce, 2 effective grams per carb, 0 sugar alcohols, 4 grams protein, 0 sugar? I found this website with all these recipes that utilize carbquick instead of bisquick, but don't know if it would be alright for protein power?

thanks everyone

Wendy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 18:25

BF:

Carbquik is fine. I just don't like it. It's very salty. If you decide to use it, be sure to use UNsalted butter in the mix. If you don't, it will be so briny you won't be able to eat it.

If you want a really GREAT cookbook using REAL ingredients, try the Eades' Comfort Foods Cookbook. There are some killer recipes in it.

Or try some of the muffin and other recipes calling for almond meal (ground almonds) right here on this board.

On the other hand, a lot of people like the Carbquik. Matter of personal taste.

I'm editing to add: It's up to you, but I've found that the people who have the most success are those who rely on real, unprocessed foods rather than fake foods like Carbquik. I'm sure others will disagree with me. Just my opinion. You don't need anything artificial. Processed foods are expensive, and usually disappointing. Just my opinion.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-06, 09:48

BF:
Default Recipe Forum and Breakfast shakes

Thanks so much for your feedback regarding Carbquick. I happened upon a website with numerous recipes, but would also prefer something natural if possible. Can you direct me to the recipe site for those muffins and I also wanted to ask you your thoughts on Designer whey protein? I'd really like to make a shake some mornings and I heard that the designer whey protein is good in a shake.

Any ideas

Thanks very much

Wendy
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 20:47

BF:
Progress:

Wendy,
I love Designer Protein powder in shakes in the am or any whey protein powder mix for that matter. I always mix it with LC hood low carb countdown milk.
I don't know where to tell you specifically to look for the muffin recipes, but I would click on recipes and see where you get to.
Another, great cookbook is Dana Carpenter's 500 Low Carb recipes which has very good recipes.
Good Luck,
Claudette
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-31-06, 07:02

Plan: protein power plan
Stats: 225/225/150 Female 5'9
BF:

Hi!
I am also starting fresh this morning!
I am taking it small steps at a time.
I am going on one month of induction - for the 28 days in February.....

This plan helped me lose 102 pounds in 6 months last time around.....and although I have not gained it back, I feel "sugared out"...sluggish and tired....

Feel free to send me an e-mail, if you would like some support. I challenge you to 28 days cheat free........

You can do it!

Cheers,
Kris
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 21:38

BF:
Progress:

Misskris,
I'd love to email you for support, but this forum won't let me even email you. I tried to click on "send a private message" but it wouldn't let me. If you are anyone else knows how we can send a personal email through this site, let me know.
I didn't post my email address because I don't know if we are suppose to.

That is wonderful news of your losing 102 pounds in six months!
How encouraging.
I accept your 28 day challenge!

I am also registered as Gwennie on another site, www.weightlossbuddy.com if you wish to contact me.

Claudette

Last edited by Claudette2 : Wed, Feb-01-06 at 21:40. Reason: To add something I forgot
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 04:10
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%

Claudette, I think you have to have posted a certain number of messages before you're allowed to PM on this site. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I thought it was somewhere around 20, so keep trying, it should work soon.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:49

BF:

Geez, where did all these posts come from? I better poke my head outside the Java Room from time to time to see what's going on in the rest of the world!

Wendy asked for recipes for muffins using almond flour. The one that I use is in the Eades Comfort Foods cookbook, but it's copyrighted and I don't think we're supposed to post copyrighted materials.

Here's the link to the contents of the Bread and Baked Goods section of the food forum: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=221144

For my shakes, which I have many mornings, I use a whey protein powder from Vitamin World. It's pure whey, and really has very little taste. Some whey powders I've tried taste terrible. For my shakes I either toss in a handful of berries (and a glug of heavy cream) or just add some SF flavoring (and a glug of heavy cream).
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-06, 10:00

BF:

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts on Carbquick, shakes, and the recipe/baked goods site. Where can i get more info on shake recipes. I'd love to know a bit more about what i can do with vanilla/chocolate designer whey protein for breakfast, an evening snack, etc. Is there a good book or section on the food forum?

Thanks again to all.