Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/248.4/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default I fell... no I jump off the bandwagon today!

I have been feeling so hungry lately... I mean stomach growling hungry and the past few days I would try to fill up on an extra piece of chicken or something acceptable.....

NOT to day before I knew what was happening I was eating everything in sight! An all of which was not on plan! I am so focused but my stomach took over my brain!!!! I'm going to continue the day with water and my normal dinner. Tomorrow is a new day!

Has anyone gone through major hunger spells?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 12:47

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

YES. Had PMS...half-starved...ate more than 6 huge pieces of birthday cake in 2 days.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 12:51
Registered Member

BF:

I didn't eat 6 pieces of cake but I think my nutrition count was pretty close! This is the week after that time of the month I should be past this! LOL

Here's to tomorrow!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 188/188/145 Female 68.4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Last Thursday was my first 'binge lapse' since January. I ate any Easter candy containing peanut butter, chips, cake and garlic bread. As of this morning I THINK I've returned to my pre binge weight. YUck. It was a long week.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 18:35

Plan: Dr's plan Atkins like
Stats: 237/208/140 Female 5"7'
BF:don't wanna know!
Progress: 30%

LOL yes I quit smoking 23 days ago... and I have been eating EVERYTHING is sight!!! and I do mean everything! Today I am back on track. I just couldn't do both and I was super hungry!!! I figured I really needed to quit smoking, I can take my time with weight loss...

Dee
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 22:14

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 208/201.8/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I feel you. I took the day off for Easter, thinking that a one day free-for-all would cure me of the boredom that I'd been feeling. I had a good day, didn't overeat, and enjoyed some of the foods that I'd been missing. And then Monday came and I started the day on plan . . . only to give in to carb cravings by dinner time. I fought all week, alternating between on plan, on plan plus a lot of legal treats, and totally off plan. And the worst part is the mental aspect, where I start to convince myself that LC doesn't work (ignoring the fact that it IS working, just slower than I'd like) and that eating "normal" foods and calorie counting can also cause me to lose weight. Well, no. It can't. Not for me. I'm a binge eater whose trigger is sugar and carbs. If I cut those two things out, then I'm much less likely to binge. But if I try to make them part of a "well-balanced diet," then I end up binging at least a few times a week - each time saying that I'll start again in the morning. It's a nasty, vicious cycle, and it's the reason why I've been battling my weight ever since I hit puberty.

Anyway, I decided to ignore that mental voice that was telling me to stay off LC. I went back on plan yesterday (no treats, legal or otherwise!) and I'm already feeling the physical and mental cravings subside. It's definitely been hard though. I don't really regret my choice to have a cheat day, but I wish that I'd been more prepared for the cravings. So it's going to be a looooong time before I allow myself to do that again.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 05:12

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Yes. Not enough food, not enough fat, does me in everytime.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 05:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196/196/130 Female 64in
BF:
Progress:

Solitare, I could have written your post myself. I always say that I'm battleing the voices in my head. If I go off plan I try to convince myself that I can somehow eat carbs and it will work out. Luckily this last time I only went off plan for about a week. In the past I would have dropped low carb so fast and never looked back and went back to lower fat high carb. Its almost like an alcoholic who thinks that one drink wont hurt. I have a true addiction.

To the OP, just keep going....pick yourself up and continue on plan!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 07:32

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

I don't know why, but I've been feeling hungry lately. (I'm hungry right now lol I should be eating instead of typing) It's really the first time I've felt this way since starting Atkins.

I think I need to pick up a huge steak today and totally pig out, I can so understand where the op is coming from though. It would be so much easier to pig out on my roomates cheetos and pretzels that are sitting there in the cupboard. But I know I will be very disappointed in myself if I give in to it now.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 15:47
Registered Member

BF:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! I got some big steaks tonight, something I love to eat on LC!!! And today I was good!!! Hopefully eating rich foods will help the hunger pass!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 20:16

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

Right after posting that message, I ate 2 sausage patties and 2 small hamburger patties. Filled me up nicely, but this hungry thing has been going on for a few days, so I took a corned beef out of the freezer. Yum! 6 pounds of fatty meat will be waiting for me in the morning and this is called a diet by some haha!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-09, 07:23

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I'm always hungry. There are rare few times when I'm not. Makes it tough on willpower but try to remember that sometimes when you get really hungry like that, it could be a "whoosh" where you drop 2-3 pounds suddenly. If you don't give in, you might see great results on the scale.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-09, 19:13

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

When you say "If you don't give in, you might see great results on the scale." do you mean if you don't give into the carb cravings or just don't give into the hunger? I am just curious because when I am hungry I eat but I eat low carb.