Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac/French Diet
Stats: 263/285/200 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: -35%

Does 3 pounds in a month count as working? That's all I've lost. I had some French Meadow bagels for awhile, now I've got their spelt bread. Eating both with plain yogurt with sugarnot in it. I've been posting my daily menu on the somersizing website to see if there's anything I've been messing up, and there hasn't been much. Meh.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 18:56

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

yes, don't be rushing it
no yoyo dieting, slowly but surely losing weight....

whwere have you been posting? i believe in sommersizing!!!
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 18:59

Does anyone know if all pumpernickel bagels are legal? I have a hard time finding bagels that are legal, ones made with whole grain or multigrain seem to also have sugar, honey, and/or molasses. But both Suzanne and Montignac had listed pumpernickel as a good choice, so I bought a few of those.

-Lora[/QUOTE]

in her book the FAST AND EASy one, she says that pumpernickile is usually with molasses, read the labels, make sure there's no starches, added fillers, or sugars is the main rule,
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 19:01

hey lizzy
what do we do about bread with sugars, an di thought we're not supposed to eat carbs with fat, and most breads have fat

well i started eating oatmeal in the morning, she says u can mix non fat milk in to this, but all non fat milks have sugars!argh, and we're not supposed to eat stuff with sugar
so what kind of non fat milks or non fat yogurts exist out there with no sugars???

help!
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 23:00
Registered Member

BF:

ptouch, I've been posting on the forum at suzannesomers.com
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 19:51

which forum are you posting on?
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 11:41

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Dark - three pounds counts!! That's great. I left the somersizing boards cause they didn't seem very busy. Has that changed.

Ptouch - Ezekial 4.9 multi-sprouted grain doesn't have sugars or fats. It's usually in the frozen section at health food stores. Or you may want to look at French Meadow Bakery on-line.

Even if I eat them plain - grains don't really agree with me. I had some oatmeal the other morning - ugh.
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-06, 12:20

but really does
anyone drink non fat milk w/ oatmeal?
does it cause indigesttion
yesterday i ate something that effed up my digestion! it was the first day i had milk w/ oatmeal but techinically that's supposed to be okay !?!?!?
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 16:56
Registered Member

BF:

Lizzy, there are active threads there for sure. There's a November Friday Weigh-In thread that I post in. And In the Level One General Menus there's a thread for posting what you eat each day and asking for comments. Plus lots of threads about particular foods and asking questions.
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 09:53

BF:

Maybe I'll mosey over there again Dark.

Ptouch - you may want to try each one separately. You may be allergic to one or both. Like I said in my previous post I had some oatmeal without dairy and it messed me up. As far as Somer's plan it is supposed to be "okay" but a lot of people are allergic to dairy.
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 18:53

Default Where Are All The Over Eaters?!!?!?

oka so i figured out it wasn't the non fat mlk w/ oatmeal
i think i just had bad shrimp that day, or coudla been the sommersize creme brulee mixed with everything
argh

i like the veggie chips, has anyone got them

and the chocolate syrup is yummy

oh and i made cream cheese pancakes. i highly recommend you all to make them... recipe is on suzannesommers.com somewhere... theere are some great recipes on that site!

Does anyone know where to get sugar free honey?

malitol is bad for you right?i think i get the runs when i eat too much of it!

ARE THERE ANY OTHER PEOPLE here who HAVE OVEREATING PROBLEMS.?
overeating healthy food?!!?!?

Last edited by ptouch : Tue, Nov-07-06 at 19:04.
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 22:46
Registered Member

BF:

Sugar free honey is pretty much 100% malitol. A lot of people seem to have digestive problems from sugar alcohols. If that describes you, I wouldn't recommend getting it. The fake honey is on the same shelf as the regular honey in my supermarket, though, if you want to see if you can find it around you.
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-06, 20:20

hey sommersizers.. here's how i did, it' s also on my journal, but i post here so u can all say

weight:
137.5 again

Today:
830am breakfast
1 bowl of oatmeal w/ non fat milk
1030 am bikram yoga - i felt okay, did okay, sweat a lot, was tired

i'm irritated with my boyfriend, who didn't call me back all day, then when we spoke he finally called, but then i wanted space so he was clling me and then i was ignoring his cals cuz i was napping and doing stuff, tthen he got mad at me.... duh. an di wanted to get off the p hoen so i could eat proper and do consious eating.

1235pm - veggie cheese bake i made : eggs, mushrooms, ricota, mozarella, parmesan, zuchinni, a little ground meat, grilled onions
2 bags ofsommersize veggie chips

3pm: 2 bags of sommersize veggie chips

gosh i got hungry and they were in my car and i couldn't stop eatin gthem.... shoot.. well atleast they are veggie chips

548pm-
dinner
salad with seared ahi tuna, 5 bites of my veggie bake that has cheese
610pm - 1/2 cup of sommersize capuccino shake ( alittle heavy cream in it)

i'm done eating today, i go to the gym at 7pm , work out, come home and sleep. hopefully it will be better tomoro
i think is TOM soon
argh

i played the consious eating cd audio while i eat, it helps me to keep focusing in on eating consiously, slowly, breathing, i find i don't breath and i keep slipping back in to chewING sooo fast, and thinking abou OTHER THIGNS, when i should concentrate on eating only, and accepting the nutrients.....

it's SOOOO hard to consciously eat.... anyone in to it?

i tightened my belt just now to eat dinner, and i'm FULL AS HECK NOW, but somehow i think i might have stopped earlier than i USUALLY do, so i'm better than before i guess....
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 04:54

Plan: Atkins Phase I/CCLL = 40
Stats: 187/165/135 Female 65 inches
BF:?%/30%/25%
Progress: 42%
Default this is certainly a long thread... :D

I just read through this thread. I think that it is so interesting that there aren't more Somersizers out on the boards. It is so much easier to follow than the stricter low carb diets.

Well, that being said, i am a bit disappointed in myself tonight. I was hit with a gigantic migraine today. I was home with my kids so I had to battle it out without sleeping. So, 2 ibuprofin, a cup of caffeinated coffee and a glass of pepsi later... I was off the wagon. It so hard for me to maintain the low carb when I get a migraine. I know this will sound weird but Pepsi, even though its usually my last resort (and obviously not lowcarb), seems to work to get rid of my migraine headaches.

Anyway, I am glad that I found some fellow Somersizers. I am so much happier on this diet. I finally feel like I have found the answer to my battle with food. With the exception of these pesky headaches (which I have had my whole life) I feel so much better eating this way.
  #120   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 10:06

BF:

Hi dirtywater,

I wouldn't worry about one pepsi - especially if it helps you get through a migraine. I used to get them on a regular basis but don't seem to get them much anymore. I can't attribute any reason for it - maybe age.
I'm a food combiner - not really doing somersizing at the moment but wanted to say hi.