Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 22:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193.5/187.5/160
BF:
Progress:
Smile New Again!

Hi! I'm NEW again....have been on Atkins off and on since last December and have only maintained because of the "off" times. Started again on Sunday and have lost (unofficially) 7 lbs! Official day will be coming Sunday.
Have been a carboholic all my life and one of the reasons I love this plan is that I have no problem turning away from cookies, donuts, cakes, potato, etc etc!! To me this is the most amazing off-shoot of low carbing. Actually by the end of the first day I can watch friends eat all those goodies and not crave them too!
I do crave a sweet now and then and if so I have some diet jello, a few bites of a low carb bar, or my special egg custard that I make up and have ready for a sweet attack.
My biggest problem is that I hate to excersie!! If I had a nickle for every time I joined a gym...and didn't use it!! I'd be rich! I always plan to do some walking but by time I get home from work, I either forget or get distracted with my gardening, etc. Don't suggest I get up early in morning, I get up at 5:45 now! I will get it together and move my cubby little body soon!

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in about low carbing. Best features:
1) no cravings!
2) easiest plan I've ever been on (believe me, I'm a professional dieter)
3) Shopping is a snap! Meat mket, butter & heavy whipping cream, some pork rinds, and I'm outta there!
4) Can dine out anytime! Steak/fish and salad....done!
Well, thanks for letting me chatter.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-01, 01:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum jody!

Congratulations on your return to the best way of life ever!

Excersise is like learning to low carb. If you really want to do it, you'll find a way. Some programs suggest starting be being more active. You don't need to go to a gym to be active, you can start with waliking for 10 minutes a day and work your way up. If you don't want to do it though, there is nothing that will make you. I didn't have to tell you that - you know it already.

Keep posting and reading!

Karen