Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 09:50

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 376/364/150
BF:
Progress:
Talking Started Aug 1, 2001 and down 13 pounds!

Hi everyone, I am new to this so I hope I am posting this the right way.

I started a low-carb diet on August 1, 2001 and at that time I weighed 376 pounds. I just weighed myself today (10 days later) and I cannot believe my eyes, I have already lost 13 pounds! You have to understand that I have been very overweight my whole life and I have tried just about every diet, diet pill and plan on the market. I have never been able to stick to any diet and if I do manage to stick it out for a week or so, I only lose a few pounds and then gain them right back again. I have the strongest appetite and cravings known to man (at least in my opinion.)

For the first time in my life I feel like I have control over my appetite! I decided to try the low-carb diet as a last ditch effort before resorting to gastric bypass surgery to lose weight. I figured since everyone says you can eat as much of the allowed foods as you want and still lose weight, that I would at least be able to satisfy my strong appetite and see what happens. The strangest thing is that after the first couple of days, I was no longer hungry! I didn't have to eat a lot to feel full. As a matter of fact, my husband had to remind me 2 days in a row that I forgot to eat lunch and dinner! This has never happened to me in my life. I swear it is almost like the diet is the strongest appetite suppressant in the world LOL.

I really think this is the answers to my prayers. y best friend lost over 250 pounds on the Atkin's diet so I know for a fact that it does work, I just was not sure if it would work for me or not and now I see that it does work. I am SOOOOOO excited right now. I am determined now more than ever in my life to lose the weight and I will be here every day to get encouraged and to encourage others.

If anyone out there has any tips for me, I would really appreciate them. I am eating about 20 grams of carbs a day and drinking a gallon of water a day. Getting a little bored with all of the chicken and hamburgers but I can live with it :-)

By the way, I have attached my picture so everyone can see my before look. I hope it works because I am not familiar with using this system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramona.jpg (11.3 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 10:00

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Congratulations! Your picture is gorgeous. Although I have only lost 15lbs. I feel in total control of my life again. Keep at it and keep posting your progress so we can share in your joy.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 11:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default great pic

Hi welcome to the world of lowcarbers. Nice picture, would you consider resizing it and posting it in your profile, so that we can see your beautiful face everytime we read one of your posts?? It's always nice to put the face to the message.

(Hey, I know I'm guilty...one of these days I'll get a pic worth posting!).
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 13:06

Stats: 230/229/150
BF:
Progress:

That is so awesome! Do you think it happened mostly in the first or second week? I am on my first week and loving the way I feel! I am also feeling a little loss all over - probably water weight...I am firming up a little but the scale shows no change - I have been obsessed with it though because for the first time ever I have bought a scale (forbidden object in my house) SO proud for you - doesn't it feel good to be able to control cravings?? I am shocked at how satisfied I feel most of the time...One thing that has gotten me through my sweet cravings is a chocolate bar called Carbolite - it tastes just like it!!! I actually feel guilty after I eat it but it has 0 carbs!! Good luck!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 14:16
Registered Member

Stats: 232.4/232.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Beautiful

You are a beautiful woman!

You have a lot to look forward to. Stick to your new WOE/WOL and you can be a model someday.