Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#661   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-21, 02:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feels like a November morning! In the 30's and windy. Ugh.....think I'll cancel on golf this morning. I have enough to do here at home......don't need to go out & freeze my butt off on the golf course. I had a good time yesterday. Some really good shots and the best score I've had in a long time. I didn't get any laundry done yesterday, so really should stay home and get it done. I'm leaving around 9 tomorrow morning to go for my 1st of 3 golf lessons this week. It'll take me about 2 hours to get to the course, have an hour lesson and then on to my sister's. Looking forward to some R & R with her.

The scale is 1 ounce away from dropping into that new decade! Just in time to go to my sister's and gain 5 lbs! I'm not going to worry about it....I intend to enjoy every minute of the next couple days. That'll give me something to do when I get home....focus on losing it again.

--------

Jaz....I'm dying to know how your day was yesterday! Also....did you go out for dinner with your gal pals on Saturday? Hope Bella's diet is going well.

Trig.....Glad the rain washed away the pollen. Hope that clears up your sinus issues. Getting the RV spruced up? When is your next trip?

Nic...How was your busy weekend?

Blue......

-------

Have a good start to your week!
Sponsored Links
  #662   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-21, 05:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori get that laundry done

Your golf lesson and visit with Sis should be real nice....getting out of the house is always a good thing

Cold here too....got frosty dew on the grass....omg come on already!

Super congrats. Even with your Sis time your body is now giving up some, TIME on this plan, no matter the length of time will result in 'something' down the scale and you are knocking on that door. That is what I rely on....time on plan, stay on plan (99.99%) and let the body do its thing....takes time but we get there HA

Need check in from Jazz and Nicco.

Nicco wanted to ask tho cause I don't remember.....how did your cherry tree expert guy do for you? Can ya save it, wondering cause mine bloomed and it was so darn pretty Thought of yours!

Jazz, hope Bella is doing better, you need doggie bootcamp! and you go right along with her, darn right WE ALL are getting older LOL my dog is in that category now too

---------------got a honking big Tbone for later

nothing much

me and kid to hit dollar store later for a few things

hubby mowing his moms acres

sun shining but BRRR

little this and that

so far so good but dipped a few tablespoons into my mouth from other crap food.....HAVE to watch this for real. I know me, I have a carb monster inside me the size of Jupiter and if it gets out, heaven help me

So watching me tight now. I am in that mood ya know.....but I gotta flip that gone LOL

be good all and hang on!
  #663   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-21, 05:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Monday Morning!

So this weekend was productive and wonderful!!!!!!!!!! A weekend Of beginnings and a weekend of goodbyes!

The ladies luncheon was fabulous. It truly was. Picture a warm and breezy late morning under a huge draping Oak laden tree. We were at a little organic cafe.
I was able to get chicken salad on a bed of kale, and some delicious high end coffee. they also have a infused oil shop beside the cafe and I picked up some more Mediterranean herb infused oil. I can go though that by the gallon. I use it for everything.

It was so so nice, though to have a low key conversation and laughter over brunch. One of the gals count make it so it turned out to just be the 4 of us. Very fun- and very cozy.
We are all departing within the next two weeks. We will all be in our respective "home towns".

One gal is going to Nantucket, the other is going to Pittsburg, and the other gal is going to upper Rhode Island. I am going to Savannah.

Did you all catch that last sentence? I found and put down money on an apt.
Yes one has to sign a lease to get an apt. The cool part is where it is located. I will do a separate email- with more info.

Lori-
Yup- So all questions answered!!!! What was funny was the one gal here, are pretty close. She called me last night to see how my day went as well. So I told her all about it and I will be leaving here on the 8th.
She said well.......... who all do you know there????????? Not a should I said. Well it was like she dropped the phone. She said "How do you do that?" Just pick up and move not knowing anybody????

She what she doesn't get is I make and take friends with me! So she too will be on my last of people that have made their way to my heart and we will keep in touch! She will be one I will not lose touch with!!!!
The cool part too is that where I am going is 1 hour and 12 minutes from here! So when they all come back I will be waiting!

That being said- I can still come to "my beach" here. It is not too far I can't come for the day. I just need to get up a bit earlier and I could be here by 10am- here for the afternoon and home by dinner. PERFECT!
I'm not really "leaving here" just declaring "home" a bit up the road! My "home is the entire Southeast United States! I just love southern east coastal cities! They are special

Speaking of traveling! When do you head off to see sis? Wed.? I am super interested in what your golf lessons are going to look like! What a fun week!

I almost choked reading you are still dealing with 30 degree temps!!!!!!! I could not do that! I thought 50 was cold!

TRIG- Yup- LC all the way! That is the ONLY way I can get through this journey. I am a caboholic and can't do moderation. I am not one of those people.

Ya, I am curious too when your next road trip is!!!!

Too bad on those ribeyes! Have you ever though about buying a cow? No I am serious? You have freezer space. Some people even go in on one!

NIC- - updates updates!!!!!!!!!

Blue-- Updates........ How is the book coming along? I think I ask you if you still love your apt?
--------------------------------------------------------------
So I have pretty much littered my stuff across this post.

Short story- I am packing up the coach and heading north an hour fifteen minutes up the road.
See email for details.

It is going to be a BUSY next couple of weeks logistically. I have to get utilities up and going- especially internet/cable as that is my business life line!
Then I have to figure out how to get my "stuff" from the storage locker 5 hours away- to the new home. I have also decided to drastically downsize and get some new things. I have BIG furniture and found out when I shove all that in a small space I get claustrophobic. It is an open concept space and I don't want to clutter it up.

Also I can't bring my washer and dryer- I have a ton to donate. Somebody is going to be happy.

I also want a new light and fluffy room rug for the living area. I am going to ditch the bulky recliner for a sleek comfy padded swivel chair. My neighbor has a pair and I am obsessed with them. They do not take up a lot of space yet they are great. they are not cheap either. The room rug I want is sorta pricey as well. I am wanting to basically - purge and start over.

The exception to that is my bedroom and office and kitchen items. I can't wait to get my kitchen back! But I tell ya I am DONE hauling crap I never use from place to place! -

Gotta run!!!!!!!! Back at ya later!

-----------------------------------------------------
  #664   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-21, 06:52

BF:

Jazz WELL HOT DAMN if it didn't ALL fall into place so nice for you!
Over the moon for you my friend!!

And I am SO you....southeast with the beaches and good life and reasonable weather and GREAT people and darn if you didn't set yourself up so darn great.

off to read your email if ya wrote it yet and sent it HA

SO HAPPY FOR YOU TRULY!
  #665   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-21, 18:48

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- super excited for you!
Lori- Safe travels!

Our Sophie dog hit the skids big time today. We aren't completely sure what is going on with her. At 13 we know things are coming down the pike. She's loaded up on pain meds, I hand fed her a few kibbles this evening and was using a syringe to give her a little water. She did drink from her water bowl tonight so that is really good. Hopefully things will get better for her soon. Anyway, that took a lot of my attention today as you can imagine.

Better check in from me tomorrow, hopefully!
  #666   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 04:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Must be something about pets.....Gabby was fine when she went out last night. This morning she came in and will only walk a few steps before lying down. She wouldn't eat her normal breakfast, but would eat some treats if I put them right under her face. She made her way into the living room with me and is lying on the floor. Sigh.....here I am going away and she's gimping around. DH may have to take her to the Vet if things get worse. She has gotten this way before and then it seems to clear up. She was able to jump up on the windowsill out back to let me know she wanted in. The Vet told me the last time this happened that she may twist her knee or hip and then it works out.....just like humans do. She is nearly 11 years old, so things are going to happen.

Nic.....I hope your pup feels better today. It is so stressful when our fur babies are hurting.

Trig....hope you had a good day of this and that yesterday. I got all my chores done and then I was bored. It got really nice and would have been perfect for afternoon golf.....and here I sat!

Jaz.....you have so much to work out the next couple weeks! Yikes! I know you will handle it all....as you always do. So impressive! Are you going to empty and close your storage unit in Atlanta? Seems like you won't be going back there. Yes...you make friends wherever you go.....so awesome.

Blue....thinking about you writing your fingers down to nubs!

-----------

Well, I did it....dropped into that new decade on the scale. Start the clock....it'll only last about 20 minutes. Especially with going to my sister's. That entails eating and drinking stuff I usually don't go near.

I'm planning to leave around 9 this morning. My golf lesson is at Noon, then on to my sister's. Now I have this cat to worry about. She seems happy....purring and stretched out on the floor. I think she has arthritis in her back legs/hips. I hope the Vet doesn't prescribe pills.....trying to pill a cat is a nightmare. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Ok....time to figure out what to eat this morning, then hit the shower and hit the road. I'll check in from my sister's later tonight.
  #667   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 04:51

BF:

Nicco, sorry on Sophie. I know the feeling, it seems as we get older the darn pets are aging a tad faster than us, like alot of us got the older pets now! Sending good healing vibes to her!!

Lori and your kitty? Don't you wonder tho if she hunted and ate something outside? I figure if cats are off sometimes it is cause they chowed on a bird or mouse or something LOL but then again I had barn cats and yea, they ate crap for sure out there....but sending healing vibes to Gabby also.

New decade....BA BOOM! So cool and happy for you and don't worry about your mini vacay, you will lock down that new decade and hold it!

Hey Jaz, check in when you can.

---------nothing doing here today

gonna be nice day
little rv stuff. might spray off the car to change it from yellow to black again LOL

just general goof off stuff. buying pool chems etc I need for later so mind going in that direction

been eating alot of pork lately. not sure why but I love it again.

woke up not hungry so not sure what I will eat. I think a lighter day of food, I haven't defrosted a steak but I got leftover pork ribs and chicken and tuna and other crap...maybe a lb of bacon?

Play by ear on food today, no biggie!

All good here.
  #668   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 05:22

BF:

Safe Travels Lori!!!!! Gads I hope your kitty perks up. It is worrisome to not have our fur babies not feel good.
DO HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! You are coming back Sunday?

NIC- pup report!!!! I was at the vet this week too!!!! I think we all have older pets. Did you try a bit of broth for her?
Bella is totally off kibble now. I am adjusting her diet. It is rough when we care so much!

How is everything else going?

Trig- I am taking your advice on meats for Bella! Can you just picture a wolf eating salad?!?! No- they are hunters at heart!
I saw a little papillon at the park not long ago and thought of your cutie pup!

What is shaking and baking in your corner of the world? Do you need to do anything to the farm with Spring coming on? Are you still cleaning stuff out from the barns still? I would think there is always something to do.

Blue- - how are ya!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
Just working and doing my thing. Work is challenging right now- I am still in orientation stage. Today I think I am watching someone chart.

Busy couple weekends coming up!

Last night my artist friend called and said hey lets hit up the beach and watch the sun go down. So we did- it was awesome! Believe tor not I was so busy yesterday I forgot to eat. I kept thinking oh yea I will eat when I get back....... And then it was late and I just went to bed.

I am thinking about burgers this afternoon! Or LC sloppy Joe- love that! something with beef. I might do stew beef in the oven too- that is always good. It makes the place smell so homey.

The rain has finally taken most of the pollen out of the air so I can leave the patio door open for fresh air. The birds are going crazy singing this morning.

ok- going to toss in some laundry before I need to "plug in"......work is so over rated!

Oh.... The apt complex looks like the complex I stayed in when I was in DE. It is laid out almost the same as well! So I am taking some ideas from that condo. They used room rugs to create "rooms" Of course Blue- you could have a field day in a place so blank and not yet touched.

It is on the 3 floor. Three flights of steps. Back to steps. You know I really complained in DE about those steps- but after a few weeks I was used to them! Keeps me moving.

speaking of- gotta run! Back at ya later
  #669   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 06:20

BF:

Jazz the steps start out very rough but are an endurance builder for you and Bella. You and doggie doing what it takes!

In this day and age STEPS SCARE the hell out of people 'and pets' lol but ALL of us from us to pets ain't that damn old! LOL

omg the barn work to handle to finish it ALL off is the biggest PIA I got going but ya know what, my 'sell time' will be AS FRICKIN' AS IS and take it or leave it HAHA and contracts will say just that! I will not take time from my life or money to fix, change, adapt, update, change and more......I am you want it, I am selling it for this, take or leave LOL Believe me in my area someone would kill for 5 acres with nice home and 2 carports, garage and 3 animal barns with great pastures and good fence...it is who we are here!

I don't care anymore....get out every buck I put into this place and RUN like the devil when I can.....I ain't lookin' for any profit, a few $$ down, who cares, again RUN like hell from this all HA
  #670   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 07:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Putting you all first today with a chatty post from me catching up on life and stuff.

Lori- On no! Poor Gabby! I hope she is okay. You'll have to let us know what your DH says. Hopefully it is just a temporary thing- sometimes pets do twist things etc.

Safe travels and I hope your first lesson is great. Tell your Sis hi for us!

Jaz- Is your lease for a year? You have so much excitement going on! It will be so nice to be in a fancy shiny new apartment! It is interesting to me that there is no elevator or anything. Seems discriminatory?

Trig- with all that land and the outbuildings and such I am sure your house will sell quickly when the time comes. Too bad you can't sell it now with so little inventory out there to choose from!

••••••

This past weekend was super social and it was a LOT! My friends who came for lunch/birthday celebration came for lunch at 1. One of them left at 4 so I thought they all would. NOPE! The last two left after 6 and as per usual, I was about to cry from social exhaustion. This introvert was already iffy and now with the pandemic even more so! I am starting to freak out about this beach trip coming up in May. That is DAYS long. OMG

Then Sunday was lunch out with the Fam and Chris' fiancee after they all played pickleball. I had gone to the last half hour of pickleball to watch/check in and everyone came over to chat since I hadn't been there in over a month. Super nice of them but I was still worn out! So I did all that and then my freaking stepsister called and talked on the phone FOR AN HOUR. AN HOUR. If there had been a knife near me I might have taken myself out. OMG. She has called me twice in the last 3 weeks and before that I had talked to her maybe twice in 20 years. WTH??? Both times she pretty much talked incessantly. I could have gone and gotten a burger and she would still have been going when I got back. Ugh! She was calling bc my stepmother had to have her appendix removed. Anyway.

Then Monday was a freaking scary day with Sophie. So DH came up early in the morning (for me, I don't get up as early as you fools!) and said that Sophie wasn't acting right. He said her eyes were sort of glazed over, and she wasn't getting up. He initially thought she was dead. He petted her awhile and then carried her outside. Once out there she was able to stand and peed, but was staggering. He left and I came down a bit later and she was laid out on the floor. Her eyes were open but she was just staring and she wouldn't move or lift her head at all. She was just dead weight. I started bawling and called the vet to say we were bringing her in. DS22 thank god was here and carried her and held her in the car etc bc I honestly don't think I could have lifted her. I mean full on dead weight from the floor, 50 pounds.

So the vet thinks either she has injured her neck or back (highly unlikely as she was fine the night before and she does no stairs etc) or that she might have a tumor or some kind of nerve sheath issue. Either way, she is on heavy pain killers (and I do mean heavy.) She did eat most of her food today for the first time so that was heartening to see. She is on restricted activity for the next month (which is fine, she is pretty much like that anyway, but we have to leash her to go out etc now) and we'll just see how it goes. To do an MRI and neurological workup (if this doesn't work itself out) would be $2500 to see if she needs surgery, and she would have to be anesthetized etc. At age 13 I'm not sure any of that is advisable. But, we will see how things go and take it a step at a time.

Other than all that, I am fine. I've exercised several days over the past week, doing videos down in the basement. I figure with shoes on and carpet it shouldn't be too hard on my feet. I ice my achilles tendon down afterward.

I'll be sticking close to home mostly this week. I might be going with future DIL and her mom to look at wedding dresses with her for a bit this week. She (DIL) is TINY TINY- about 5'3" and weighs nothing. Maybe 100 pounds?

Three hot days here - in the mid 80s - and then dropping back to the 60s again. Good time to see how the shorts fit, I guess!
  #671   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-21, 13:54

BF:

Hi again!

Made it thru my golf lesson and am now at my sister's, with 2 beers under my belt! We're just staying in tonight as I'm tired of being in a car. Chicken and sweet potato puffs for dinner. Easy.

I liked my golf instructor. She's an older lady and very patient and informative. She's quite happy with my swing.....just minor adjustments and things to work on. Tomorrow we're working on short game and putting. Looking forward to it. It's about a 30-45 minute drive from my sister's. Then I'll come back here and we'll go out to dinner. Thursday is still up in the air because of weather.

Gabby managed to jump up on my lap this morning and then followed me upstairs to go into her favorite room to sleep. DH will have to try to get her to eat something this evening. I think this is a recurring thing with her left hip. Hoping it's short lived. If not, I'll take her to the Vet when I get back home the end of the week.

Ok.....time to rest a bit before we get dinner going. I'm sure I'll be in bed early tonight, as usual.

Hope you've all had a good day!
  #672   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-21, 05:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Me again! Had a great night's sleep and I'm ready to go! I got up about 6, made some coffee and surfed the 'net till Connie got up around 7. Now we'll hang out for a bit and I'll head back to the golf course around 11.

I called DH this morning to check on Gabby. He said she is better this morning. She slept in her "hiding spot" till 7 last night. He had been trying to find her with no luck, but she appeared at 7. She ate a bit and then jumped up on his lap. She was in all night and this morning ate her breakfast and then wanted out. So...I guess she just has a bad hip/leg that flares up periodically? Just happy to know she's acting normal-ish this morning.

We're going out for dinner tonight.....exciting! There are several places around here that have outdoor/patio seating. It will be the first time either of us have dined out in nearly a year! Connie is more nervous about it than I am. We are both fully vaccinated, so I'm not concerned. We'll follow mandates to wear masks as we walk to our table, but then I'm going to feel safe taking it off. Plus, we'll be outside the whole time.

Nothing else going on here. Hope you're all having a great week!
  #673   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-21, 06:00

BF:

Lori happy Gabby is good!

Enjoy your Sis time, sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time!

Nicco, I would take myself out also when I get overwhelemed and social crap goes on way too long. I am a short timer Even sightseeing or hitting an amusement park I would be like, NOT ALL day here, just so many hrs and then I gotta leave LOL My family 'gets' me on time limits on junk before I freak a bit. I so get what you are saying!!!

Hope Sophie is alot better. Give us an update when ya can.

Tiny....100 lbs soaking wet right? Boy I wasn't ever that person LOL but I was never petite. I always wondered what 'petite' would be like but I got the full on tall skeleton HAHA

Hey Jaz, report in and hope all is going well, you seem to got your ducks in a good row!!

---------------only ate 5 sausage patties yesterday

mowing with kid and allergy nailed me. leaky eyes, clogged nose and sinus and head and a frickin' headache. A real headache....haven't had a real head banger in a while put me right off food. took drugs and slept like crazy and feel alot better this morning.

our near 80 today is cloudy....no big sun...boo....useless LOL

hungry this morning but I am gonna 'control' me today tight to see if I can get back some good mojo and handle some lbs gone and lean out more. OMG I AM SO sick of saying the above HAHA f this diet crap HAHA but I will do it!

little this and that today.
see how the day goes but got steak later so that is good.

have fun all
  #674   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-21, 06:04

BF:

OMG NIC you had me ROLLING!!!!!! Take in mind I LOVE taking on the phone and can EASY go an hour or more just jabbering away!!!!!

When I tell you I am SO OVER this pandemic that is no joke. I want life back. Down here it is life as normal. Everything has been open and moving for awhile.
That being said- I am careful. I have only done outdoor dining and spaced apart.

So where in Florida are you going? I highly doubt you will get anything on the beach!
You got the Vaccine too...... I would think you are pretty protected.

I carry sanitizer in my car and use it every time I get in and get out. Pumping gas is just gross to me.

Don't ya just hate it when you invite someone over and they just STAY!!!!!?!?!?!? OMG - now that gets on my ever living nerve!!!

I loved loved loved wedding dress shopping with my DD!!!!!! Another wedding- so frekin exciting!!!!!!

Reading about your pooch however, well......... all I can say is I am pulling for her!!!! I just can't even "go there"....when it comes to our fur babies.

Trig- You are hilarious- as is come and get it!!!!! You are dam right, your place will go fast when the time comes. you will not even have time to put out a sign before you get an offer. Some housing developer will swoop in with a checkbook.

yup yup yup on LC.......... The science is so there. Carbs are a killer and man was not meant to eat at the "Golden Arches" ........

Lori- So glad you like your advisor! I love you are having a grand time! Tell SIS we said hi. I still think she should drop in sometime.

How is Gabby doing? I know you are loving sleeping in!!!!!!

Blue
- update
----------------------------------------------------------
I stayed up to late last night for a work night!
I was out walking Bella when I ran into my neighbor friend. She was walking her dog.
She had her wallet in her hand I joking said where ya going. She said she was out of wine- ...........

I just happened to stocked up so I invited her in. We opened a bottle of Kim Crawford Chardonnay and sat on the patio and solved the worlds problems in one evening!!!!! I am going to miss her!

well I need one more cup of coffee before I plug in! I am hoping to start move planning today!

back later!!!!
  #675   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-21, 04:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Running along smoothly here. My golf lesson is not until 2 today, so I'm hoping the weather cooperates and I can get it done on my way home. If not, I'll have to reschedule and come back another time.

Connie & I had a wonderful dinner out last night. The place had spacious outdoor seating and neither of us felt the least bit uncomfortable about being around people. It felt strange to be out to eat after so long! I had a yummy crab cake with a small side salad that had blood orange vinaigrette dressing...oh Lord was it good! We were naughty and brought home some dessert. I also got a salad to bring home to have for lunch today before leaving for my lesson. It is a Mediterranean salad and I got grilled shrimp put on it. Can't wait for lunch time!

DH reports that Miss Gabby is doing better. Eating and resuming her normal routine. Whew!

Nic...I hope your pup has bounced back. I'm a bit worried since we haven't heard from you.

Jaz...I'm sure you will miss your new friends. They'll all come back next Fall, right? You'll be close enough to be able to spend a good bit of time with them. Awesome! I hope you had time to get some moving plans in motion. Girl....you have a LOT going on the next couple weeks!

Trig....sorry the allergies nailed you the other day, but thank goodness for some good sleep and good drugs to get you back on your feet!
----------
I have a lot of time in the car today. 40 minutes to the golf course and then another almost 2.5 hours in the car to get home. It's an easy highway drive for the most part. Just boring. Fingers crossed that the rain holds off or I may just stay here until tomorrow. Heading to look at the forecast now.

Have good days!