Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 11:55

Plan: Atkins-ish/IF-ish
Stats: 385/278/180 Female 5'10"
BF:something, maybe
Progress: 52%
Default Master of My Domain...The Third

Well, Doreen has spoken, and I'm starting the new thread. Hope no one minds.

Here are the rules as stated by DaddioM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddioM
For those interested in starting the challenge...

It's turned out to be a wonderful, supportive group of people in this challenge. We were originally going to end Labor day (Sept) 05, but by popular demand... the challenge continues.. possibly for LIFE.. WOOHOO.

This is modeled after the famous Seinfold episode about being "Master of your domain" (well....except this is about EATING CHEAT FREE).

Here are the rules.....

1. Every day you are cheat free you are "Master of your Domain" and you get to increase your counter by a day.
2. If you cheat you have to start over and reset your counter (and we've ALL done this.. lol)

Here is part of the 'secret sauce'..... you can cheat WHENEVER YOU WANT!!!! .....and here is the catch.... you have to PLAN it!

3. A "planned" cheat day does not make you start over (birthday, cruise, vacation, etc.) PROVIDED you call out your cheat day in advance. i.e. I'm going on a cruise from the 31st through August 7th...

In general... you should plan your cheat as far in advance as possible, but a day in advance is fine. The general idea is to take back control from the food!!! If my cravings are REALLY bad.. I'll just declare a cheat 2 days from now and tell myself.. HEY dude, you want those foods?? GO for it.. just wait a couple days. It has helped me NOT stuff myself a couple of times already!!

If you're on a planned cheat, you don't reset your counter, but neither do you advance it. If I'm 7 days cheat free going into vacation, I'm 7 days when I get back from my vacation.

4. Come in and post your days cheat free.. give each other support (by name preferably)

YOU determine what a cheat is (but be fair or you'll only "cheat" yourself). People are on different plans and some are in induction and others are in maintenance... but there is ONE person who knows when you're on plan...and off, and that is YOU.

If you want to be part of this challenge.. copy and paste the following into your first post.... and join this crazy group!!!

I AM the master of my domain!

Good luck everyone!!

The last week has been crazy and stressful at work. However, I am still MOMD. I haven't been exercising and I haven't been getting enough sleep, but I'm eating OK, so I'm going with it as a victory.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

Thanks Cynthia. I can't believe it is time to start over again!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 16:06

Plan: Self
Stats: 229/215.5/175 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'm in MOMD day 3I think. Ebp
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 16:22
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

MOMD day 1

I'm starting over with the thread, BF and I went to a party and the buffet was in my face and in my mouth all night, I kept telling myself, just a taste won't hurt, but I tasted everything, some stuff lots of times!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 18:37

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:

Would like to join you guys if you don't mind...

I AM the master of my domain!

MOMD day 1

Have been on plan for longer but figure I should start counting today since I am posting today. Also my planned cheat is for June 11 & 12 since I have out of town manager's meetings and am stuck with whatever they feed us and last time it was pizza or fried chicken
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-08, 19:03

Plan: Atkins-ish/IF-ish
Stats: 385/278/180 Female 5'10"
BF:something, maybe
Progress: 52%

Hi Meggen! Welcome! This is a great group of whacked out nut jobs ...and oh, so supportive.

I may as well add that I will be travelling a LOT in June and July. The first week of June, I will be in Milwaukee for the Bead and Button show. I'll be staying in a hotel, so I'm calling a possible cheat for then. Also, I'll be in Boston the last week in June, officiating a wedding, so there's another possible cheat called. And then, finally, the second week in July I'm heading out to Seattle to stay with friends for a week. Yet another possible cheat.

In all cases I plan to stay as close on plan as possible, but since I won't be in my space and won't have much ability to shop, store or cook I'm not going to sweat the possible off plan meals.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 05:40

Welcome Meggen. It doesn'tmatter how long you have been on the plan never give up trying. I think I am a professional at that!!

Cynthia do you travel for work? Sounds like fun!

Cheated this weekend and got so sick I wanted to take it back. I feel so much better today!
Feel like I am drinking too much diet pop. Aspertaine slows me down. I will have to give it up!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 06:31

Plan: Self
Stats: 229/215.5/175 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Good morning all. MOMD day 4. Erin, I'm afraid you might be right about diet pop; but I'm not sure that I can give it up in one swoop. Any clues on how to give it up without becomeing a witch to my kids?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 07:34

Plan: M&E
Stats: 199/147.5/120 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi All 14 Dayd Mond 9.5 Lbs Lost Yaaaaa
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 09:26
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi Everyone!!

Thanks Cynthia for starting our 3rd thread!! I still miss this place, but have been sooooo busy haven't had much of a chance to stop by.

Have a GREAT day y'all!!

Mike
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 09:45

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:

For the diet soda, what I did was drink 1 12 oz can in the morning, then 1 with dinner, and rest water throughout the day. I went from drinking 8 cans a day to 2 and although I had mild headaches for the first week the second was much better. Next week I was planning on dropping to 1 can but have decided to take the plunge and go cold turkey starting tomorrow.

MOMD day 2
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 10:52

PortCop Woo Hoo on the loss. Keep up the great work!!

MIKE so nice to see you stop by. We miss ya!

The thing about pop is I can walk away. I don't know why all of a sudden I started drinking it. Today I have had none. I will stick to water or Diet Rite which has no aspertane
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 19:13

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

WONJ Challenge, Mark 3!

Welcome Meggen!

Well, I claim IDIOT and have to start over. Today is day 1 MOMD......

I was doin dandy, but then we went to Culver's for Lunch. I ate to plan and everything......but when I went up to get the kids ice cream....I had some too....darned German Chocolate Cake Custard! (but it was sooo good....)

So, Day 1 MOMD.....but I am staying on plan for sure as I intend to be down to 250 by the 27th of June. I am going to the Rush Concert in Milwaukee and have set the goal of the 100 pounds lost mark. I have not been at 100 pounds lost in a while....too long actually. So I aim to get there again......and stay there!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 21:16

Stats: 264/180/160 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 81%

MOMD Day 40!!

Gumby, I wonder how many of us on the MOMD thread have reached the 100 pound mark for weight loss, or are close to it????? I haven't weighed myself in some time (because it f - - ks with my head too much), but I think I am within about 15-17 pounds of 100.

Maybe we should poll peeps here?? --------->>

How close are YOU to reaching 100 pounds lost??

WONJ #18
Sher
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 21:25

Stats: 264/180/160 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Liddie- That is the very situation that I would cheat too. Sometimes if I am out eating, I start to feel left out and sorry for myself-- then the urges overcome me and I start grazing-- then stuffing-- then its all over. The only way I stay on plan is to avoid going to eating parties as much as possible.

Cynthia-- I tend to travel frequently with work too. In fact, I have 3 trips in May/June. Sometimes I can stay on plan and sometimes I can't. It a real crap shoot. It definitely depends on what food choices are available.

Erin-- I don't think drinking Diet Coke has much of an effect on me-- but not sure. Now you have me thinking....hummmmm....I am sure the cheese I eat does me no good, but it does keep me from reaching for something with a higher carb count.

Hey guys-- Prof and Daddio-- don't be strangers. Come by here more often and check in!

Ruth-- where are you lately??

Later gators,
S
Closed Thread