Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#646   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 18:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

mom hit buy 1 get 1 free large chili at Wendy's...she was very happy on that one LOL

had a good day, usual store and they are wiping carts etc. for customers on entering etc. Everyone being smart.

Jaz, I feel for you You are front line but you got that strength of being in a medical field, strong people find that field and help and do their jobs thru all kinds of crazy. I am so proud you are doing your part and being so strong about all of it. I wish you nothing but the best and for your DD and more

but yea. I won't post about going out and my mom anymore. I know you come from kindness but it is now old about telling me the same thing over and over and posting that LOL We live our lives as we need to live our lives. I just won't type it out what goes down here But I sure understand being careful and caution you warn, but with my personality, I am so over it ya know. I truly say this in a good way to ya cause I know you send it to me in a good way.

I just won't post my actions anymore. Be easiest that way.
And no worries ever, all is cool and good over it all Everyone be safe as we see fit in our lives, it is the best any of us can do

nothing major doing, had to get on kid's butt for all her 'taking care of online school', yea right....had to lay down the hammer to bet some courses finished and submitted etc. But not bad, teachers aren't sending home a lot or anything complicated.....so that was good

over and out
Sponsored Links
  #647   ^
Old Thu, Apr-02-20, 20:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Apr-03-20 at 03:58.
  #648   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 04:23

BF:

Good Morning-

I am back to LOVING Fridays again! Living for the weekend! These days are ever so long.

I am hopeful that the beautiful weather holds out for me to enjoy it this weekend!
I will tell you this gal I am working with is SO inspiring to me. She is like having LORI- front and center! I hate to say that her age is the very thing that is inspiring to me.
It's one thing to be 20 young and buff. But we all know to be our age and buff takes WORK!!!!!

She not only gets up 2 times a week to meet with her swim coach at 6am, but then runs at night.
She recently took up art- and I am so in awe of how really good she is.

We have some really cool art pieces on our walls. Some truly stunning. I should take a pic of a few.
Anyway she has been taking pictures of these cool pics- then she goes home and tries to redraw them. She is a creative type.
She said to me yesterday- "please don't ever think you are too old to try something new and enjoy it"- I just love her spunk.

She is training me to take her place. I have some big shoes to fill. She will be training me for the next 3 weeks and transition to another unit.

I'm serious Lori- you would be so good at coaching like she does. She doesn't charge- but you should! Something fun to think about!

Well- my DD is going back to the doctor today! I am very concerned for her. She is an adult so I have to allow her to make her way on her terms. She is listening though. I highly recommended her to start her antibiotic she got from the doctor. Granted it does not cure a virus- but a virus can and is causing secondary infections.
I will keep ya'll posted!

NIC- what did you decide on eating last night? I am sure your round table discussion on meal planning was entertaining.

Lori/Nic/Blue/Trig-
have a good safe, and healthy day!!!!
  #649   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 04:26

BF:

You didn't offend Jaz, it is more like, hmm, being told by mom when you are 58 yrs old to constantly wear your coat thru winter cause it is cold outside….think of it like that HAHA

hey all is fine and cool, not one doubt about that

Wishing good recovery for your DD and a fast one!! Happy you find a great gal to team up with and you guys hit it off and she inspires!! I sure agree with you being older we have to keep up the hard work to keep buff going for sure LOL I haven't seen buff in a long time

good morn all

chilly here but will be sunny and nice and climb into the higher 60s which is good.

will get kid to mow back yard today. front if I nag her also, if not I will do front.

hubby driving cars for work. 2 runs. longer ones. Won't be home til like 10 tonight.

Eating is spot on. Holding my new low which is good. Store has ribeyes on lower sale price. Restock freezer a bit. Going thru a steak a day means I gotta keep them in there for always having on hand. Love me a ribeye. Seemed to now adopt that as my must have

Little this and that today.

be good and have a great day all.
  #650   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 04:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning,

Jaz...sure hope your DD soon starts to get over this virus. Does she have asthma too? I think I remember you saying your son has asthma. Will be thinking of you today, as usual. You are a front line warrior.

Trig....yeah, we all do the best we can thru this mess. My sister keeps telling me to wipe off all my groceries and take stuff out of boxes on and on. Yea.....I'm not doing all that. I try to be smart and wash my hands a lot and I'm staying home. I'm not willing to do more, so I'll face the consequences. I know she's just trying to keep me safe, and I do appreciate her concern, but I take all the suggestions I see on line and from others and apply what I feel I need to. I just can't, or won't do all the things.

Nic & Blue

---------

Just another day at home today. I may go for a walk today if the weather cooperates. I'll have to look at the forecast. Lord knows I need some exercise to counteract all the eating I've been doing. I've been on a rampage the last couple days. I bought some treats(big mistake) at the grocery store the other day and I have wolfed them all down. Ridiculous! At least they are gone now. Sigh......

Didn't sleep very well last night. I tried listening to a calming podcast to put me to sleep, but it didn't work. I was just worried about getting awake enough to turn off my phone before I fell asleep. I know I can let it on, but I'm used to turning it off at night and I'm a creature of habit!

Need more coffee.....be well, my friends.
  #651   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 04:52

BF:

Lori, LOL obsessing over your habit ruined your listening to your podcast in peace. I so get that, I am like that too HAHA

You know I almost did that the other day at the store. I buy junky treats my kid and hubby like but don't buy MY personal old favs for them, luckily they love a ton of crap I never liked, so I can buy that junk for them and not be tempted.

the other day I almost bought a good amt. of 'junk I love and they love' and I caught myself. I said I ain't buying this crap 'for them', I am buying it so I can sneakily attack this crap and I knew it LOL So I owned up to it and didn't buy anything I like....which was a good move cause when I got home I did a wander around the house and thought, man if that crap was here I would then be eating some of it and I don't wanna go there Hey ourselves can get us at all times, well, for me it can easily!!

Enjoy your walk. Hope you get a decent day. We got colder but are ramping up a bit again.

Have AC and heat off...woke up to a 64 deg. house. which isn't bad, doable for us definitely but I thought, darn, 64.....these nights are still too darn chilly here!
  #652   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 17:05

BF:

OMG- FRIDAY NIGHT- !!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What a week.
I have been on the rollercoaster. I will give TV MAYBE another 30 minutes then I am done.

Sent you all a song that so touched me today!!!- RIP BILL WITHERS
IF you need a friend - lean on me!

OMG we need this message more now than ever before.

Going to chill-
On point with WOE- just don't care ....... it is just something to stick in the pie hole to keep me running . It is clean, and LC

Till tomorrow- need to decompress.
  #653   ^
Old Fri, Apr-03-20, 21:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

I just had the BEST zoom party w/pals from my way way back, as in Jr. High! Yep, 5 of us for a very happy happy hour. We have all been in touch for years, but usually one on one by e-mail or phone. We are spread out from coast to coast now, all these many years later, but every once in awhile we meet in some city, or in our home town. But, it took this crisis to get us all technologically connected, as in hey, we really can be in the same room, even though we are not. Zoom is THE BEST.

On that note, just want to share w/y'all something my bro the doc told me. If you're worried about take out, here's some things to consider. Get rid of all containers and put take out food on your plates. Then wash your hands.

Bro says you cannot "swallow" this virus, as in eating foods, in that your stomach acids will destroy this virus. This is why we are not hearing about this virus being spread thru the foods we eat. Not happening. So just some basic things. Pick up your take out, or have it delivered. From the moment you take "custody" of your take out, keep your hands off your face. Unload it onto plates, throw away containers and then wash your hands. AGAiN.

OMG, I've never washed my hands this much in my life. My bro, the doc, as well as his wife and two of my doc nieces and nephews say this is the GREATEST power we have. It's interesting to hear from the 4 doctors in my fam. I will not go into the worst of it, but rather tell y'all the best of it.

They are of course, really used to washing their hands. And they ALL say over and over again, your power is in washing your hands all the time, AND in keeping social distance.

Nic---I'm w/you on the not on plan particularly, but not comfort binge eating either. I think we must all make the decision right now about how much "weight" we give to our woe. We will do the best we can, right? I am just so happy for you that your have your family all around you, as I know this is what makes you the happiest.

I particularly LOVE the stories of your sons out back building a fort. Oh man, that is so poignant and lovely in these times.

Lori---Yes, you are our hero in that you get out there and run/walk whenever you can. Bravo. Also, hats off to Nic for doing the same on her way too. I'm hearing you're keeping in good touch w/your sissy. Thank God we have these technological abilities.

Trig---Of all of of us, you've held the strongest on the woe, even thru all of this. Bravo to you my pal. I just can't do it right now, so I am particularly in admiration that you can.

Jaz---Was happy to read that your daughter is doing better. This thing can be a beast from all I've read. I have prayers up for your daughter and her fam.

AND, of course I have huge prayers for you, now on the front line. I was happy to see that pix of you WITH A MAX on. I understand it wasn't the best mask, but it was at least a mask.

Please know that I hold you in my heart and my prayers. Yeah, no, I'm not a religious gal, but I AM a spiritual gal, and I hold my palms up for you. I think of you every day and hope the best for you.

I have a family full of doctors and a few other pals who are nurses, and I JUST...really teary eyed now...send up every hope and prayer and wish I can for all of you. One can feel so helpless in these times, but just know I'm blowing air under your wings in any way I can.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gals, I really have nothing else to say tonight. I have my good days and my bad days. This is not a day I have much more to say, other than what I have said. BUT, I WILL say, I really count on coming here every day, and hearing how y'all are getting thru this. I will add in more too on how I'm getting thru this, but just not tonight.

Still, not a day goes by that I don't think about my longtime LC gals, and maybe tomorrow I'll have more to add about me. For tonight I just want to say I love y'all. We've been hangin' in there w/each other for so long. Now is the time when for me, it's more important than ever that we hang in there w/each other.

We have known each other for so long and been through a lot together, and we can do this too. I just need to know you guys will be there when I check in tomorrow. We ALL need to know some things are constant.

XOXOB

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, Apr-03-20 at 21:28.
  #654   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-20, 04:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....loved your post and can picture you "Zooming" with your friends. I have yet to try it where I actually turn on my mic and camera. I have just listened in on some Zoom meetings and only had the capability to type my responses. I did some research and found that my little Chromebook does have the camera and mic.....though I don't know how good it is. I look a fright most days now, so it could be quite shocking to see my face on a screen! ACK!!

Thanks for the tips from your brother Doc. We actually had dinner delivered last night from a new brew pub here that opened 4 days before all this mess started. They are trying to keep going with take out and delivery. It is called Jackass Brewing Co. I ordered us fish & chips online as well as one of their craft beers. Delivery came right on time and the young man that brought it was so courteous. He was sure to tell me that they appreciate us ordering. A very high carb dinner to be sure, but oh so good. The beer I chose was called "End of Days" seemed appropriate some how. We will order from them again, as it worked out so well.

Jaz....hope you got a good night's sleep and that you can enjoy your couple days off. What a week you've had! I hope also that you get good news from your DD and your friend in OH.

Nic....you're doing great on getting out walking....even in that nasty cold wind! I've not been out for 2 days, but today's the day! I have a run/walk on my schedule.

Trig....what's up for you today? Did you get your mowing finished? I bet DH was tired after a long day of driving yesterday.

I have to go to Walmart, of all places, today. I avoid it like the plague, but I was having trouble finding cat food for Gabby and finally found it available to order and pick up at our local Walmart. I may download the App and then I can just call them and have them bring it out to the car without me going into the store. I just saw a story on the news that they're going to start limiting how many people are in the store at any one time. I pity the worker who has to monitor that at the front door.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Take care.
  #655   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-20, 06:13

BF:

Jaz hope you had a great Friday night

Blue....you are now the ZOOM gal to me LOL All I think of when I hear zoom is Blue. Glad you are having such a great time and doing ok!!

Lori, yea I wonder too about limiting people in such a big store, one comes out and 1 goes in I guess LOL Gotta feed Gabby tho, super important to keep the Queen happy!!

Nicco, what's doing.

hubby got home late, heading out on another early drive job run this morning.
kid sleeping.
I got things planned up, gotta hit the shower now.

Rain might low chance and weather getting a lot nicer and warmer....make me start thinking pool but too early.

off to get moving and when home later I do need to mow again....hubby has to do trim/barn finish work etc in pasture areas and I am gonna hit front and back today. Everything is growing like crazy fast here and pollen to prove it

up 1/2 lb. darn it, that late night 1/2 lb. of bacon I inhaled didn't treat me good but it obviously means nothing to me at all ----gonna actively work on losing faster now.

over and out, have a great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Apr-04-20 at 06:42.
  #656   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-20, 07:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue-- loving your post! It really did bring tears to my eyes. Your doc's in your family are RIGHT hand washing is key- and distancing. I was appalled to read a story that a local Pizza joint here (and most country wide) do not require the staff to wear gloves while making pizza. They pound it out with their bare hands.
It made me want to gag!!!

I don't eat out a lot- or do pick up alot- but ever now and again, but your post after reading that article made me pause!

I LOVE your ZOOM party! I still think we could have a Zoom happy hour! Lori, you hardly look bad! Please!
Did you coordinate it Blue? ??? I would do it!!!

Lori-- I am glad you enjoyed your carry out. I think if you followed Blue advice and put it on your own plates and wash your hands before you eat you should be good.
I loved loved your beer choice!!! End of Days! I am curious how they brought a beer? Was it in a plastic cup? I love fish and chips too! Reminds me of a hot summer day!

Nic- - tag your it!!!!!! - check in my friend!

Trig- - Glad to hear your hubby is still working! Plus it gives you some space!!!! - Yup I knew you had your eye on your pool! When do you typically open it?
I had to laugh this morning- I found 4 packs of bacon in my freezer! I bought 2 more a couple days ago. I am aways scooping up bacon and eggs and beef if I can find it. I scored in the bacon area- buy one get one.

So I will be cooking up some bacon today!
I see your envious weight los dropping low and slow and you just keep dropping. Congrats- it is so not easy at this time!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So this morning I am running over to my mom's front yard. I am not getting even near her. I am dropping off a fresh new mask. She is making mask covers.
So basically it is a cotton mask cover so its washable and keeps your mask "fresher". We were told to try to get these.
They put out a request to the public for anybody who sews to do this.

So yesterday I was thinking- well mom could pop out 40-50 of these no time flat. I emailed her the sizes with pleating. Then I called her from the office. When I got off the phone every nurse in the office said- CAN SHE MAKE ME ONE???? Basically it's a sleeve for the mask.

So this morning I am going to give her a sample mask- to see if it fits. Then she will be sewing all day. I will put the mask in a plastic bag - and lay it on the ground and get back in the car. I am going to lysol the bag- and use gloves. I will not go near her. She is in her 70's and I have been super exposed. So will not be exposing her.

gotta run- back later
  #657   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-20, 07:46

BF:

Jaz......how awesome that your Mom is sewing mask covers! What a great idea! I found some neck gators that I have for running and DH & I are using those. Easy to pull up and not too warm(not fleece).

We just got back from Walmart & the meat market. I ordered Gabby's food online and I stood outside and they brought it out to me. DH had to get some stuff for Betty. He went inside....wearing his face covering and got everything she needed. Then it was off to the meat market. They are not letting anyone in the store anymore, so you call in your order with your CC info and then when you get there, you call and they bring it outside and sit it on top of a cooler they have there. Easy! We came home and scrubbed our hands before unpacking anything and again after unpacking everything. Whew!

Oh....the beer I ordered was a 32 oz. can......huge! You can also buy a refillable 32oz. bottle called a Crowler or an even bigger refillable glass container called a Growler. I just went for the can since I didn't know if I would like it. I do! You can also "beer it forward" and buy a Crowler for a friend or just buy one for the next person to come in. Cute idea! Someone bought one for our DS, so he has to go pick it up. They have a huge chalk board and they put your name on it if you "beered it forward" and who the recipient is. A little fun amidst all the chaos.

We're home now and the only other time I'm going out today is to run this afternoon.

Be well.
  #658   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-20, 13:11

BF:

Home now too- I stopped to pick up some green tea. I have heard that the nurses in China were driving Green tea and using lysterine mouth wash 2 times a day and it really helped.
I also picked up prenatal vitamins as they have a good amount of Zinc and ton of Via C - anything to help! I wore mask and gloves and bagged my own. In and out.

I will be in all weekend now- except to walk the dog. I don't go anywhere now unless it's to work, or store. Again I am in and out- and masked up.

Feel good physically -
Happy that Daughter is feeling better and over the worst of it I think. I faced timed her so I could lay eyes on her.

Pretty day- on and off clouds and sun- high 70's. I am going to get out and get a walk in. After my OMAD settles. I am eating just once today.
LC sloppy Joe in lettus cups- drizzled with ranch. It's almost done! 3 pm here. Done working for today. My walk will be good. Tired from week.
Tomorrow is a total Pajama day. Turning off phone and sleeping in!

Enjoy your day!!!!!!
I turned off the news and have HGTV on for noise. I am needing something to watch........... Suggestions?
  #659   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 04:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Hoping this finds all of you feeling well. I'm not planning on doing much today. Yesterday I did my 3 mile run/walk.....it was so beautiful out. A bit cloudy, but nice and warm. I guess we may get some showers today, but it's going to be warm. I may go out for a walk....no running today.

Nic......hope you and your family are doing well. Stop in and put down your "dot" if you can. It's been too quiet from your corner!

Jaz....enjoy your day of nothing. You sure deserve it. When will your Mom have some mask covers ready for you? Good idea to load up on vitamins. I heard something about Vit D being important in fighting this off. DH & I both take Vitamin D nearly every day unless we're going to be out in the sun for hours....which hasn't happened in a long time.

Blue.....did you Zoom last night? I have been hearing so much about how families/friends are staying in touch thru all this using Zoom. Technology can be so great.

Trig....I so admire how you're sticking to your eating plan! I, on the other hand, am totally off the rails. Just eating this, that & everything. My only hope is that the running and walking will help counteract some of it until I can get my head back in the game. I read on FB that instead of wearing your sweatpants around the house, you should wear your swimming suit! HA! Think that would keep me from eating crap? I doubt it!

Cat got me up a bit after 5....gonna be a long day.
  #660   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 07:15

BF:

Jaz your sewing masks sounds very cool!!
On Spectrum/Charter, not sure if ya got it but Sistas is a good show. Series with a lot of shows to watch.

Lori, I loved that big old beer description LOL

yea food doesn't interest me right now at all. Lucky for me I have reverse times of that so I best be happy that I am in this zone right now!!

Weather is stinky for you for running right now isn't it......when you don't have yoga to go to and things you are finding it annoying as heck, the fridge is a great friend to all of us at some point HAHA

So I ate a ton of bacon again last night....up a lb. now LOL
Hubby is frying bacon now and I said, NO.....ribeye and shrimp today, with super tight control on salt on my steak. I HAVE got to sodium debloat for sure UGH, I swear guys I taste salty ya know....I can taste the salt in my body.

Today is tight control.

Kid sleeping
after hubby eats we are heading out and this and that

later we are putting up new fence line. won't be hard, weather is super chilly out there tho. but it will get done and over!!

hubby to mow later the rest of the barn areas etc. Before the later afternoon rain comes We are supposed to heat up, I sure hope so.

and Lori....we can't do bathing suits in the house.....heck my house is like at 67 this morning, I am freezing my tail off HAHA
But yea that would work wouldn't it? Everyone put on our tightest jeans today.....wear them ALL day.....bet we all wanna lose a few lbs. then. I have to say my sweatpants are super comfy tho

hit shower, get moving, nothing much doing....everyone have a fab day