Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#661   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 07:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, HAHAHAHA about wearing the swimsuit in the house. What a nightmare! Not to mention, it would be so freaking COLD. Where in the world do those people live?

Glad you were able to find what you needed for Gabby without having to go in to Walmart. I do typically shop at Walmart but thus far have not gone there. Just too crowded for my comfort. I've been going to a store that I don't usually go to, but that many people don't use because it is sort of hidden away in a neighborhood community. I'm paying a bit more, probably, but I think the benefit is there at the moment.

Jaz, Super Super glad to hear that your DD seems to be feeling better and turning a corner. Hopefully that is sustained and the kids stay well. How great would that be? Even better if it turns out that there is an immunity to it that they would now have. SO NICE that your Mom is making mask covers for you!

Also very glad that you have a work friend that you are vibing with and is inspiring to you. Love that!

How is your Ohio guy feeling? Enjoy your Jammie day!

Trig, you are a rock, staying so on track. I am amazed. Well, actually not really given what I know of you, but still!

I have definitely caught myself buying treats that I love.. and partaking in them. You were wise to not do that. I am trying to right my ship!

Edit: cross posted with you Trig- Good luck getting the fence up! Sweat out some of that salt!

Blue, look at you!! You are now becoming the Techie one in the group! GO GIRL with your bad self!!

Thanks for sharing that info about the take out. We will be doing it 1-2 times per week and that is really good information that we will use going forward.

••••••••••••

Hi all! It's Sunday, in case someone needs to know for some reason.

Things have been fine here. I've had low moments here and there, but I've been able to pop back from them before too long, which is good. I think it is important to have those low moments sometimes, but also important to try hard not to get stuck there for too long.

So in good news, I have been walking daily. I think I have hit 10K pretty much every day since we left for that Moutain House trip in March. I did discover, oddly, that wearing my trail runners actually did NOT make my feet happy. They have more cushion/impact resistance in some ways but there must not be much in the way of arch support because the middle of my feet were not happy about it. So I'm switching back to my sneakers.

I have, however, been eating pretty much whatever I want. While not binging wildly or anything, I am definitely eating more, and more often than I need to. The scale stayed static for a surprisingly long time, but it has gone up now nearly a pound and a half, so it is time to ratchet back. I am baby stepping back toward a lower carb count. Not LOW, but lowER. Plus, I want to be mindful of how my gut is doing. Oddly, all the gut issues that I had going on have resolved and I REALLY do not want them coming back!

The kids are doing fine. The boys are enjoying being together, which I love. They did some yard work for us yesterday, trimming the grasses around the pool, which we will open in a month. Rob hung my sky chair from the front cherry tree, and I set up an anti-gravity chair on the back deck. The weather is getting so nice and will keep doing so this month! I am adjusting to being back to full-time Mom, a family of four, and having 'children' who NEVER leave the house. If you think about it, that kind of togetherness usually stops by preschool age!

I've also decided to decrease my online time. I will still have plenty but I'm spacing it out and being more deliberate about it. Trying to flesh out a way to better use my time but still be gentle on myself, you know? I do want to work on the garage now that it is warming up, do some weeding, get a housekeeping schedule going, stuff like that. I also want to really try to focus on reading again- I have been struggling with concentration there.

Spent some time talking to my May doula client last night. I tell you, it is a hard and scary time to have a baby. I feel for her. The other client fell through, unfortunately, but I also completely understand. If I had a newborn, I would be very hesitant to bring outside people in. I don't fault her for that at all.

Anyway, that about sums it up. DH is doing much better, after a rocky week last week with long phone calls and voting and fallout from that. Things seem to be stabilizing. We may be looking at some financial discomfort for a bit, but one thing I am is a good money manager, and if they have to stop his paychecks for a few months, we can navigate that. Hopefully they won't, but if they do, we'll be fine.

It's Spring Break for DS18 this week. YAY I am really glad about that. We could all use the break! I'll be leading him into a college decision over this week.
Sponsored Links
  #662   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 08:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Sunday Morning!

NIC- - I think that the weather warming up and giving us a break in that area is a huge help in all of this. It would be MISERABLE to have to actually not only "shelter in place" but not get outside for a walk- or soak up some sun!

I think having a schedule is key when you are home. I really had to do that when I was working from home. Even though I was working I did struggle a bit with...... I will pop in a load of laundry, clean the kitchen, knock off early. There was no rhyme or reason to it. The line sort of blurred work/life balance.

I think it is sorta cool you have the family back together! Does your DD and SIL come over often? How are they doing with the shelter in place? We joked at work their is going to be a boom in 9 months of Covid babies! HAHAHAHAH- I mean, you are stuck in the house with your love, food, drinks, music, - yup we will want a report! Nothing like being a grandma! It is amazing!!!!! I know in due time!!! HAHAHAH

Sorry to hear about a possible pay cut. I know what your hubby does....... Well I guess if everyone is home nobody gets in trouble right? Well I do know you all will be fine with you at the helm!
I feel for the people who are really struggling with no rainy day fund.

I am telling you - the comfort eating is a real thing right now country wide. I am hearing even reporters talk about when they go back to work they will need new clothes because they are all in yoga pants! Meal time is the highlight of the day when you are stuck in the house with nothing to do!
So I hear you- you are not alone in that!

Trig- Yup- best to get your yard and barn, fencing finish- we have rain rolling in.
I am going to cook up some bacon 2 packs for this week! I still have 4 more in the freezer. For some reason the stores are really keeping stocked up on bacon, eggs and now beef is plentiful. So we are good!!!!
Your salt bloat will be gone tomorrow- just water up!

Lori- - Gads on crappy weather. Yea my son lives in OH and has been complaining of the cold! It is hard to pry ones self out of the house in the cold. Hang in there you are just a week or so behind us.
Sometimes it is nice to just take a walk. I was thinking you might want to think about your next race. You signed up already for one right? Surely by the time it rolls around you will be Golden. Have you ever heard of the Peachtree race here in GA? It is one of the biggest in the country. They are taking applications now. If you are interested you would need to sign up now. They are saying that right now is the time to sign up because applications are down a bit. It happens July 4th. Something to look at!
Of course if you were here we would hang!!!!

Blue- - so do you have a standing appt now with your Zoom buddies? I just loved you got re-connected with your gal pals. So important right now in where we are all- home!

How is DS doing? I think of him often. I am fond of him the way we are all fond of each others kids on here. I feel as if I know them all! That is such a blessing we share our families with each other.

I so agree that - yes we might not always agree on everything- we are family on here too!!!!! We were blessed to have been able to meet even!
How goes it on the writing front?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yup- I am fully PAINFULLY aware it is Sunday! I love my time at home. You would think with me having had the last 6 weeks off I would be rearing to go.

It's funny how fast I go right back into work mode and love my time off. That WAS the beautiful part of traveling. Work 13 weeks then off for 3 repeat. But hey- maybe it wasn't met to be right at this time. I can always decide I want to travel again, or not at this point.

So yes my mom said she would bust out 24 masks before tonight so I will have them to present tomorrow morning!
One for every person in my dept! I can imagine when the rest of the hospital sees them she will have more requests than she knows what to do with. She is doing the ones for our dept for free. She will then have another batch Wed. So everyone can have 2. Always a clean one. This is right up her ally

So, you all know that mom and I have a ton of issues. But when she is in her element doing what she does best is when she shines beautifully. This is truly one of those times. She truly has the gift of sewing, plus this gives her a real purpose, especially at this time when everyone is just sitting around.
So I am very grateful- I know my dept. will be too! I am hopeful they will at least send her a thank you card. If not I will get one and have everyone sign it, and mail it to her. She will love that.

Today- chilly but expected to really warm up. Rain later in late day. Today is laundry day and a walk. That is it. I will prep some dishes for the up coming week as well! I like to prep through Wed. Walk in and have dinner to just heat. The last thing I feel like doing after working a full day and driving home is cooking.

I feel really good physically. I am seriously trying to use the weekend to recharge and self care before I walk into the war zone again.
We all have huge adrenaline running coupled with such sadness at work. Everything is Covid, Covid, Covid. We get updates all day long. It also is a evolving plan. What might work in the morning needs shifted in the afternoon to assist other units, or accommodate patients.

The biggest issue for my dept. right now is where to send these patients that are medically stable to discharge - but they have all been exposed to Covid. They need to go to rehab, or a skilled nursing facility and nobody what to accept them, for obvious reason. So they hold up the bed for someone who desperately needs them. That then leads to fuller and fuller and fuller. We do have the "white party tents" being staffed by the medical national gaud out front. But we are full capacity.

So now the plan is... at least on Friday was to send the stable patients to our sister smaller hospitals to allow for hight acuity patients to come in. but even at best those will fill up. Then what? I am glad I am not in management right now. You know after being in management for the last 3-5 years I know the "look" I am seeing in management. This glazed and sad look of OMG what do we do.

I am happy as a lark to just have a worker bee job and go home and only worry about me. They are adding to my purse well to be a worker bee I might add. I found out Fri. that they added an additional grand bonus, it will be spread out. But hey- no complaints here. They added 6 grand to what I ask for and I upped that by 6 grand.
So I am doing better than traveling at the moment, without paying for 2 places, so really I am better off in that regard. Which is great. Time to pay off bills and start the rainy day fun again. Enough of that. I am grateful to have a job.

Is the job tough? It is the hardest I have had in my 21 years of nursing. The actual job is not super hard. I still have a learning curve- with process here ect. It is the Covid- and all it entails is something in my lifetime I have never experienced. It is war time nursing. It's something I never want to experience again. It will be time for me to retire if another pandemic hits.

They are comparing this to the 1918- and say it's worse on many levels. When the virus is over we (worldwide) and our country will be left with picking up the pieces from an economy stand point. Truly it is going to take a few years to bounce back in my thoughts. But we will bounce back. I also think we will as a country have learned some lessons from all of this. Lessons learned will be personally and from a country stand point. I know for me I will be better prepared for an emergency, regardless of what it is.

Also from a personal stand point, not to take tomorrow for granted. A better appreciation of people, time, and the simple things in life we rush by.

My neighbor and I had a conversation yesterday- She sat in her drive way and I sat in mine- about 50-70 feet. It was nice to touch base. Her mom is not fairing well. She is also losing hours at warp speed and will most likely be outta work next week. Good news she can collect unemployment.

Well- I am off to put in first load, sheets, bedding, towels. this means a fresh delightful bed to crawl into. I MIGHT get to this closet today! Sighhhhhhhhhh...... we all know I won't....

Have a good one ladies
  #663   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 08:41

BF:

Oh..... PS

So I am a fan of Chip and Joanna Gains. I really like them- and enjoyed their show. I get her magazine. Anyway she is doing a 1 hour special at noon EST on Food network. "Home with Joanna in the kitchen."
I will have it on as I go about my chores. - OK just wanted to share that!

Off to dump in first laundry load!
  #664   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 16:58

BF:

mowed my lawn, did 3 batches of laundry, clean both bathrooms. swept, dusted, clean every surface in my house -

Tired-

Will be in bed by 8. - need to get up at 430. - we have 33 in my dept. So I will go and pick up 18 mask. And the rest in the next day or so.

Mowed- can you all believe that!!!!!

WOE- Ate a 'meal" small meal a roll up- then ended up just tasting the rest of what I was making for the rest of the week. Plenty of food.

I am tired so I think I will be asleep ok -

WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #665   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 17:28

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

WOW.....you had a productive day, Jaz! The only thing I did was go for a 3 mile walk and make some dinner.

I hope your week is not too horrific, but I know it will be bad. Stay strong & healthy. Hope your DD continues to improve.

Will be thinking about you this week.
  #666   ^
Old Sun, Apr-05-20, 17:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Saw this on the net: "Remember when you were little and your underwear had the days of the week on it? We could use some of those about now."

Sunday? Or is it Ground Hog Day? Again.

Nic---I think it's so cool that your boys are making a fort and hanging out together. I LOVE forts. Any kind of fort in the storm. Haha. Seriously though, my pal had a tree house, and my dad built me a little house/fort in the back yard and we went from one on to the other all summer long. Not to mention the many forts we made of sofa cushions and sheets, and the forts we made out of the piles of leaves in the street before the dads came out at night and burned them---when you could still do that---then it was s'more time. SIGH. I think a lot about "the good old days" these days. For your boys I would think that building a fort in these times would feel like a return to childhood, at least for a bit of time, and right about now, that's a very good thing.

I'm w/you on the scale girl. Was holding steady for these last weeks despite not being on plan most of the time. But this morning, 2 lbs up. At least you're walking a lot, which is great. Gotta get on that more. Have done it a few times in the last week, but dang, I have to drag myself out there.

Trig---I know the fence work isn't fun, but it seems it could be tiring in a good way and definitely productive. Plus you're outdoors w/no worries about crowds and other people. Also sounds like a lot of exercise to me.

Meh on the bacon/salt water retention. That's all it is y'know, and it will disappear when you take a break from the bacon/salt. A day or two off it and presto, gone girl.

Jaz---SO HAPPY, your daughter is doing better!!! And your son must be near recovery by now too. How about your friend?

Loved reading about you having a mellow/chill weekend. Lord knows you needed it. Cool that you put your chairs out at the end of the drive way and chatted w/your neighbor. People are doing that a lot here now that it's nicer.

And hey, as long as you're more in the money right now, again, check out downloading ACORN for the series "A Place Called Home." You'll love the fifties fashions and it's a "page turning" story. It might be on Amazon too.

Lori---Hey girl, you're not alone in the off plan department here as I know you've read. But you are our exercise queen, followed by Nic these days, and yeah, I think that will really help.

And yeah, got a huge charge out of the concept of wearing your bathing suit around the house to remind you to eat better. Now that's my definition of masochistic, particularly in these times, but hey anytime. Yeah. No.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super lazy weekend for me. Yep, as I've said, I'm up and down like a Yo-yo. Not up or down today, just "am." And that's OK. Ok is the new fab.

Hubs and I have spent most of the afternoon binging the 3rd season of Ozark. Which is very good. Dark, yes, but not the kind of dark we're living now, and not the king of dark any of us would ever find ourselves in. Laura Linney is freaking AMAZING in this, and Justin Bateman is like you've never seen him. What's so good about it is that it is at its root, always the story of a once normal family, still trying to be normal in the crazy world they end up in---inch by inch the decisions they make, while loving and worrying about their kids and arguing over dinner over things familiar to us all. If any of that appeals to you, you gotta start w/season 1 w/this one for sure.

I have read so many books I forget what I just finished. But as is true since I read my first book all by myself, reading saves me, takes me away, engages me in these days like few other things do. This weekend is the first time I've been able to really focus on series/movies.

Have had no interest in my art projects, or in this last week, writing. It comes and goes. I KNOW I'm going to have to create my own energy by "just doing it" even when I don't feel like it. How is it that w/all the time in the world one can have such a hard time getting things done?!?!

I have some answers for that to be filed in a later post---"The Life and times of the corona Virus." It's sure a world turned upside down. And I miss my peeps---zoom is fine, but it ain't the same.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Apr-05-20 at 17:48.
  #667   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 03:51

BF:

Good MONDAY for all you who do not know what today is!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just got off the Amazon website. I ordered an oxygen finger monitor. It is on back order- 2 weeks. I searched every website. That is the quickest I could get one. I am hoping I don't NEED it. I should have one on hand though.

What I am hearing over and over and over is that it is hard to breathe if you are infected, BUT you have enough 02- just feels like you don't.
Being the nurse in me I want numbers. Both my kids said they really struggled for 2-3 really hard nights. My DS said he was scared he would not wake up.
Thankfully both are over the hump. My DD is still on inhalers and weak, but she is doing better. She did say it was the sickest she has ever been. She swears I gave it to her- I doubt it. She could have picked it up at the grocery! Who knows, just happy she is doing better, and the littles are fine.

So I got up at 4:30- ugh........ I need to leave here though at 6:30 to pick up the face masks- then it will be a 45 min drive to the hospital. I will be up on the unit today.

I made some green tea- over ice to take in. It's an immunity boost. You all might want to consider it. I am not a fan, but I add a passion fruit bag to it to help the taste (herbal).
I am also taking prenatal vitamins. I am reading that zinc is a huge help with fighting this.

"They" are saying this week and next are going to be peak with this virus. They are saying to stay out of grocery stores this week and next. Just passing along information- do what you will with it.

I feel good. I am happy my grass is short cut! I aways like it shorter. I have weeds, but not a fan of weed killer with a dog.

Ok- well I guess I should scoot!!!!! - Off to earn my keep. Back later with personals! But I wrote a book yesterday!
  #668   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 04:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....it is SO good to hear you are feeling good and you actually sound peppy! Try to keep that attitude girl.....it will see you through. I appreciate any and all advice you can give. I have heard that we're to avoid the stores this week. If I have to go, I'll go very early in the morning...before many people are up and about.

Blue.....I love that you and DH get into watching TV series together. My DH has no interest in "stories". For him it's either sports or history/nature. Thankfully, we both enjoy the history/nature shows, but some of his sports shows....where they talk and argue...drive me crazy!

Trig.....you're making me hungry for bacon! I got some at the butcher shop on Saturday and also some loose sausage that I may fry up today.

Nic.....you are getting those steps in! Sounds like a good idea to get off line a bit. I am on my computer WAY too much. Even when I'm running or walking, I'm plugged in!

I just let the cat out and the sunrise is beautiful! The horizon is just lit up with beautiful shades of pink, yellow & red. Today is supposed to be beautiful....mid 60's. I have to take advantage of it as later this week they say we may even have some wet snow flakes.....WHAT?? Ugh. Not going to think about that. I'll get out today.....may even break out the running shorts! Woohoo!

I'm going to call today and order Easter dinner for DH, me & Betty. One of our favorite restaurants is doing Easter dinner for pick up next Sunday. I've wanted to support this business, so I think it's a good opportunity. I will have to make Betty's candied sweet potatoes as they are not on the menu, but no problem there. It will require a trip to the grocery store some day this week. Who ever thought that a simple trip to the grocery store would be such an anxiety producing event? Sigh.....

Hugs to you all!
  #669   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 17:09

BF:

WHAT a day........... putting down my dot. Listen you SLACKERS..... if I can post after a LONG ARSE day at Corona R us....... you all (no names) Except Lori- was here .......... You all can post a dot!
I am saying this is fun! We need each other- I need you!

Work was OK- busy busy busy...... Was up at 430- tomorrow will be another 430. Then I will be able to sleep in until the late hour of 530.

So far feeling good. They are going to be doing temp checks every shift. They keep asking for us to go back to bedside. I told them again I was uncomfortable.

So then I got a call from the VP of the special emergency services. Who said that there are alot of staff that could be "refreshed"- I said I would think about it. They are expecting half the front line to go down in the next few weeks and need bedside providers. I will think on it.
I think I am already front live. But honestly if hands on care go down it would be disastrous. We already have national guard. Goodness I can't wait till this nightmare over.

DD continuers to SLOWLY improve day by day!

WOE- didn't happen today. Tomorrow a new day. It was a one meal comfort, it was just not high on list. I just wanted what I wanted and you know, it is what it is. Is the scope of things it ranked low.

I know that not everyone feels that way. Low carb our way. Right now my goal is to not gain anymore, just to maintain. I will drill down when I can, and when all this crazy is over I will be back 110%. My goal is to live through this. F'it if I had little red potatoes at dinner with my salmon. And THEY WERE DARN GOOD.
Sorry if I tempted- just chatting.

Hope you all healthy and well and happy -

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Apr-06-20 at 18:07.
  #670   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 18:33

BF:

Hi all,

Checking in. Slacker reporting! LOL You made me laugh out loud, Jaz. Too funny! And Lori was excused! HA!

Well, I would love to report that yesterday was an amazing day of meeting all my new goals but that would be a lie. It started out well, got a lot done and limited screen time, was watching what I was eating (within reason) and then BOOM, Mama pretty much started losing her crap around 5pm.

It was just too much.

Clearly my coping skills are pretty much maxed out right now and adding several goals in at once is just not going to happen right now. I hit a wall and hard. As much as I like my people, having people around 24/7 and adding in other restrictions at the same time is clearly a no go. I need what escapes I have as coping mechanisms and without them I was a pure mess.

That is not to say it will stay that way, but that is very much the way it is right now.

So, respecting that mental declaration (read: freak out) from last night and on behalf of my startled family, I am being way more gentle with myself today. And I feel better for letting that go. Today I have pooped scooped, had computer time and brunch, and then went out to mail a return to LL Bean and stop at a store for a few small things. It was stunningly beautiful outside so I enjoyed some time outside, got in my daily walk and sat out in the Sky Chair under the cherry tree and talked on the phone.

Cooked dinner tonight. I do enjoy the return to family dinners. They had really fallen by the wayside with only one kid at home. Now we eat dinner together every night, the 4 of us, and I do love it. An unexpected treat and silver lining for sure. Even though DS18 often doesn't eat bc he eats his first meal at like 4 PM and then eats second dinner at like 10 and then third dinner at like 3 AM! His sleep schedule is a total hot mess right now.

Jaz, super glad DD seems to be continuing to improve. Fingers crossed that those of us who do get the virus will fare as well, if we have to get it.

I was not clear on what your work is asking of you.

BTW, I used one of the 3 homemade masks my DD made for me when I was out today. I would say close to half of the patrons of the grocery store had on a mask of some kind.

Lori, good thinking about Easter. Not sure what we will do. We don't usually do anything special.
  #671   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 18:34

BF:

Blue- I missed your post, I see now. I will respond to you specially tomorrow. I am just too tired to put sentences together any more tonight!
  #672   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-20, 20:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

jaz---Oh darlin' you are such a pip! And you're darned right, if you can check in we all can check in more often than not. Although there are those days...

Y'know, I was thinking about your daughter saying she's sure she got it from you. Unkind of her, but these are days when we don't always see the best sides of ourselves. But I was thinking IF she DID get it from you--- which there is absolutely no evidence of, BUT if it is TRUE, that would mean by now that you are one of those who is naturally immune to this virus. I think that's as unlikely as your daughter's accusation, but still, silver linings.

AND, I'm so very happy she's doing better and that no one else in the family seems effected.

As for the woe, honestly girl, you have stuck to tried and true for so long with less than great and hopeful results. So right now, you DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO to get thru these very hard days. In fact, If I could rename our thread right now, I'd call it "How we got thru this, our way."

Every single one of us has to make tough decisions these days, and just do it all the best way we know how to. But I know that my "tough decisions" are nothing like yours right now. Honestly honey, I worry about you and think about you all the time, but somehow, I just KNOW our jazzer is going to get thru this.

Nic---Don't feel like you're the only one whose had a recent melt down. I had one today too, more on that below.

You are such an enormously capable person--- (as in if I inherited a big company tomorrow, I'd BEG YOU to help me organize it)---and I think it is hard to feel this lack of control. And while I totally envy you the family dinner every night, I also understand there's a lot of work to that, and just when you were getting ready to spread your wings as something different than being the "family CEO so to speak"--although, it's hard to ever equal being more than a good mom, let alone being the family organizer. That is a large job. One I'm not so sure I have always done well.

I am so happy to hear you woke up w/the thought to be more gentle with yourself. And I loved hearing you are open to just letting T find his own schedule right now.

Y'know, I read all these things about keeping up a routine, yada yada yada, but I think what's right for any one of us right now, day by day, might be different than what's right for someone else, let alone our children or our friends or whatever. Seems to me now is the time to let us all choose a bit, day by day, what works for us---because we are all in a world we have never been in before.

Lori---Do you ever tell "Aunt Betty" that we all here know her now? And that we include her in our thoughts and hopes? I just love that you have Easter dinner all planned w/her, including you making her fave sweet potatoes. I just think right now, the one thing we all can still give, is kindness, wherever and however we can.

Trig---Might be wrong here, but perhaps this is easier for you as you are more used to less people and buzz all around you? So maybe this isn't as hard? I don't know, because you don't talk about it. Still, hoping you are doing as OK as you seem to be. Also, wondering about the kiddo and how she's dealing w/this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys, this last week has been the hardest yet and I know there's a long way to go before it's over.

I'll be honest to say that hubby and I are struggling w/each other. We are both very independent and our marriage has always thrived on that. In fact, he's the one who needs to and has always flown the nest more than I. And in the same breath, when he's off doing his thing, I have thoroughly enjoyed having our home to myself. We are now attached to each other in a way we have never been in our mostly happy 31 year old marriage.

This all led to a bit of a melt down between us tonight. Won't bore you w/the details, but think we both needed a bit of a blow out w/each other. I know we are SO BLESSED to have someone to go thru this with together, but there is an underbelly to that too. LOL, a divorced pal of mine told me on the phone the other day that the only thing worse than this would be going thru it with her X.

But, I don't feel that way about my hubs. I would be lost w/out him in so many ways. But these times really put the pedal to the metal on marriage.

So yeah, hard day here, and really, forgive me, but I don't give a crap about my woe right now. I know that's not what we're supposed to be about here and I really look forward to being back to when that IS a major thing we're about. And no, I'm not binging, not going crazy on the carbs. Just not on plan.

But what I need to be about right now is speaking my truth in these times. AND, hearing the truth as my dear dear pals here are living it. Whatever it is, my ears are open with love and understanding---and as much kindness as I can give. I really feel the NEED to support and give right now. And since we've always done this virtually, it's not a new thing for us.

Love you gals .

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Apr-06-20 at 20:31.
  #673   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-20, 03:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....your post made me think of a video I saw on FB yesterday....wish I could find it and somehow send it to you. The woman was crouched in her closet with a flashlight under her chin and talking(whispering). She is hiding from her husband....it was funny. One of the things she said was "Today he asked me where we keep the spoons......THE SPOONS!!! We've been married for 31 years and lived in the same house....the spoons! It just tickled me so much. It is such a man thing. She ended by saying that if he found her she would have to sit and watch all 5 Planet of the Apes movies as he thought it would be something fun for them to do.

Anyway......Nic & Blue....we all have our days. Best to let it out before the gasket blows! We are all thrown into such a different world it's no wonder things get to be too much sometimes. We all do our best......in all aspects of our lives right now. This includes our eating. No guilt and move on...that's my motto.

Jaz....I agree with Blue. Ease up on worrying about what you're eating. Eat what sounds good at the time. Trust your body to tell you what it needs. You are going thru so much right now.....I cannot imagine the stress. The last thing you need to worry about is every morsel of food. When we get thru this mess there will be time to tighten up our eating.

Trig....hope everything is ok in your world. Is DH still driving for the car dealership or has that kind of stopped with everything else? How is DD dealing with being home all the time? It sure is an adjustment for everybody.

I'm going to venture to the grocery store this morning.....with my nose & mouth covered. I'm going to go early to avoid most of the people. I need to pick up a few things for us and a few for Betty. I also need to go to the meat market, but they don't open until 10 these days. I wish I didn't have to go......still can't get over the anxiety of going into a store....isn't it the weirdest thing?

I'm taking a day off exercise today. I've had 3 days in a row of either walking or running 3 miles....time for a break. I was a tired girl last night. I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to make it thru a half marathon in October!

Hope you're all well.......hang on..we'll make it!
  #674   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-20, 03:57

BF:

Good Morning

It's another 430 am day! These days are ever so long!
I would like to say I am enjoying my job but I am not. The only thing I am doing right now is serving. I however, feel it is the right thing to do.
You bet your toots you all can be here if I am!!!! HAHAHAHA! I need you ladies MORE than EVER! I Know I could not do what I am doing without support.

Blue- I hear ya on a disgruntled cohabiting close quarters. I know for a FACT I would not want to be quarantined with my ex!!!!

I have thought this will either make for a baby boom or a high divorce rate! HAHA-
I am only going to say this will pass. I am taking with a grain of salt the irritation- it is so normal!!!!!- People were not met to stay cooped up together like this. Nothing normal about it.
I think that as the weather warms up and you can get out and walk that would do wonders for your mental health. That is something that we aren't talking about amid all this.

How this is effecting people mentally. It SO is taking a toll. It doesn't matter if you are a front line person, or in a self quarantined home. There is a toll. So let me just say- take day by day and let tomorrow take care of itself.
Hugsssssssssssssssssssssssss

NIC--see above! We all need to find ways for self care. I am glad you can get outside. Dear god at least the weather is giving up a break.
Again what we are all going through is SO not the norm- EVENTUALLY this too will pass.
However, I really do like life as we know it will change for better and worse. Our wold as we know it has been thrown upside down and sideways!
NORMAL to have up and down days! Goodness I would have lost my sh!t way before now! I SO SO SO SO need my space! I love my kids and grandkids to the max- but I know my limits!
You are so fine my friend!

Lori- - You and hubby are so kind to keep Beatty in fine shape, yet keeping a good distance. Good move!
I am glad you all don't have to get out for a bit! - Are you still walking?
I know you have taken a huge work out hit! Don't give up- just find a work around! We are going out of this!

How is sis doing? I know it has to be tough on her! So nice you check in on her too! Like I said I don't know which is worse- being single or being cooped up with another person to get on the nerve! HAHAHAHAH-

Trig- - hoping you are doing well. It is great that your hubby is able to get some hours in. He is lucky in that! So many people have lost jobs. I can't fathom car shopping right now!
Did you get your fencing up?
-------------------------------------------------------------
So to answer your question Blue about what my daughter said. I will tell you she said I gave her the virus because I was the ONLY person she had seen in the 2 weeks prior.

She was not mean about it. But when the doctor was going through questions it came up- who have you seen. He was the one that said- it had to have been your mom (me). I had been in the hospital 2 days prior to get my TB test read.
That being said- I was in and out and employee health is in another part of the building.

I will say- I am so happy she is going to recover. I can't go there in my head if she didn't have a good recovery. This virus does not care who you are. It is truly devastating.

Now did I give it to her? To be honest, I don't think so, but I can't rule it out either. It IS POSSIBLE. In a way That would be a blessing for ME if I was one of the 20% who had no symptoms. I doubt it. Only time will tell. I will tell you I have considered it enough that I absolutely will not go near my mom, or my kids again for some time to come.

If people could see what I have had to see in this last week I swear nobody would leave their house for ANYTHING. This virus has flipped life as we know it upside down for MOST people.

As for healthcare as a whole it has changed EVERYTHING as I know it. We now are treating in a MASH unit mentality. The VP of the hospital came to every unit yesterday and thanked us all for just showing up day after day. It is a stark reminder of what we are doing day in day out.

I was in the ICU yesterday. Just seeing the people laying there struggling to breathe - takes my breath away. I struggled to keep tears back. Just focus on the task and nothing more. We have to do that or we could not do what we do.

We sat in the office on Thursday- having a conversation as the person in the room beside us coded and died, as we sipped coffee. It is a surreal place I am in. I am just so glad I am here in my home town at this time. That is all I got for now. If I keep typing I will fall apart.

But let me tell ya all-STAY safe, Stay strong. We will get through this.

Off to work.

LORI_ WE CROSS POSTED- !!!! ..........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Apr-07-20 at 04:02.
  #675   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-20, 04:01

BF:

Lori- When you find that video I must see it!!!!!- I so needed that laugh!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!