Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1426   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-22, 02:55

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, you are chatting like a real deal carnivore for sure
yea when ya feel so good and hit all starts to come together it feels amazing doesn't it!!

One can get very into zc and meals ya know. later tho down the line food becomes such a low focus and I have to say I always enjoyed that part. it is great we love our food so much and find ways to make a few meals that suit us so well and keeps life so simple in the food dept....which is a good thing....but then it is a relief when food becomes less of a focus but at the same time, omgosh we are eating so well ya know

keep truckin' you are doing great!

Lori, how was that new golf course....super wet and mushy or ok?

Nicco, we know you are having so much fun on your trip!!

------------so today is easy peasy
I did buy a brisket from the smokehouse. Over smoked ya know. meat was more overly cooked 'burnt' bark too much for me. I noticed the brisket hasn't been as fine as it has, maybe a new person handling the smoker? hmmm. I ate it tho but might not buy it for a while. plus the rub on it seemed 'spicier' or something to me. eh, still ate it tho HAHA

hubby to work
kid to school
and me to do usual chores. might hit dollar tree store to buy some crap junk stuff I need to refill in the house. see if I am in the mood to hit the road.

yea up stupid early. 4:30am. eyes popped open and that was it but I feel alseep watching tv earlier last night but darn, getting up before 5am seems like it makes it such a longer darn day for the morn hrs. oh well....

be good all
Sponsored Links
  #1427   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-22, 03:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I'm up stupid early too. Woke up at 3:30 and just couldn't get back to sleep. Finally gave up and crawled out at around 4:30. I'm glad I don't have too much that I have to do today. I'll do a PB workout, run to the grocery store & do laundry. Hoping I can get a nap in too.

Golf yesterday was at our course. Last week we played at the "away" course. Yes, it was wet and mushy yesterday and I didn't play very well. I was glad when it was over, which is unusual for me. I guess I'm ready for a few months off. We're going to try to play Sunday, Monday & Tuesday and then we'll see from there.

Not feeling great today, just blah. Just one of those days, I guess.

Later.
  #1428   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-22, 05:35

BF:

Lori me and you got a mirror type day LOL

I got laundry going now as I WAIT FOR the darn store to open at 9. 9!!!!! the day is mostly over by then HAHA

but yea laundry, store and come home and just do more chores I guess. I don't think I am as blah as you today but I feel it more blah cause of the cold.

yes I have to get out long pants and a jacket. omg HA

I never liked mushy ground. can't imagine how that is a brain game on you playing golf in a way but I would think it would irk ya some. When we farmed every time during big rain it was mush here and there and I just hated it. Coming in with big muddy boots and just 'handling mushy' wet stuff drives me batty.

ok off on a mush tangent here LOL

let's just get our days happening when we can......just being up stupid early I just hate the wait on others. I get up early I wanna get moving that early but no one in stores and more listens to me opening that early HAHA oh well...
  #1429   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-22, 08:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG Crawling out of bed and just now having my 2nd cup of coffee and "waking up" it is 9:27 currently! HAHAHAHAH- I didn't roll out of bed until 8:30- so only up an hour and taking my "morning" slowly!

I am usually up by 7-730 so yea today I slept in. I was cold and was up 4 times last night. Three times for "loo" (too much water before bed" then I got cold and had to hunt a heavy comforter. So I found it and had to make it up on the bed and then get BACK to sleep.
I am refusing to turn on heat. It dipped to the 50's here last night and the apt got mid 60's. It has popped up to 70 so it's good. Low power bill coming my way!!!!!

Let me tell ya I went to the store yesterday and bought some Mayo. It has been months since I have had to buy any as I usually keep an extra in the pantry. So I was in for sticker shock that a med size jar of Dukes Mayo was 5.69WTH?!?!?!?!?!? It went from 2.99 to 5.69?!?!?!?!?!? Holy sh!t! I was really taking in the price jump on eggs too! 7-8 dollars for a dozen organic brown eggs. I bought the "CHEAP" brown ones for 4.50 on SALE!
Wow- how do families make it these days? Cheap processed foods that's how! Unreal.

Lori- I would not play well either on a wet field! I detest taking out the pooch on wet grass. It gets all over your shoes and just feels bad on the feet so yea I get it!
Hopefully you can get dried out and get some sun up your way!!!!
It is Def. Fall here!
What on your menu? How is your WOE going?

Trig- Yea I know the point it to get to place that food becomes just something to fill the "hole: and move on. But the nurse in me is THRILLED at the benefits of what it DOES for the body! THRILLED! I am sure if you would have told me I would be eating sardine roll ups 6 months ago I would have laughed you off the post! Yet I am so excited about the effects on the body it is crazy good. It also is fascinating to me to watch on You tube what other Carnivores eat and why. Also- the research being done is truly ground breaking! We are ahead of the curve!

I read an article last night about eating windows and that is being studied right now and might be a suggestion in the SAD down the line. (Of course they need to REVAMP SAD with a torch!)

You were up early! What time does kiddo hit the bus? The kiddo upstairs gets up at 530. Urghhhhhhh- I go back to sleep!
Day over at 9 am?!?!?!?!?!

NIC- Updates girl! Are you getting on the ship today or is that tomorrow? I need to back track and find that post! found it

Quote:
"We are in Oahu/Honolulu/Waikiki from Wednesday to Saturday afternoon.
Board ship around 3 PM Saturday.
Sunday we wake up on Maui! The ship stays overnight on Maui so that will be Oct 9 and 10. We will be doing a Road to Hana excursion that is ALL DAY on Sunday
Monday we are doing something called "Lahaina on your own" which will basically get us to Lahaina and then we can bebop around and do our own thing.

Tuesday Oct 11 we are in Hilo, on the main island of Hawaii. We are doing a tour- "the best of Big Island and Volcanoes National Park."

Wednesday Oct 12 we are in Kona, the opposite side of the Big Island. We will be doing a Dolphin Reef and Captain Cook snorkel trip. We have dinner that evening at the other specialty restaurant at 6:30.

Thursday is two days at Kauai. We will be doing the excursion "Journey to Waimea Canyon" and then in the evening doing a Luau with gardens, dinner and a show.

Friday is also on Kauai. We will doing an excursion called "Discover Kauai." The ship leaves early on that day, 2 pm, because it then goes up and down the Na'pali coast. We will definitely be on our balcony watching this!

Saturday Oct 15th is the end of the trip! We will disembark, head to the airport, fly to San Diego and then spend the night there. The following morning we are up and back to the airport, where we will fly from San Diego back to Baltimore.

Yup- needed to pull it! You are such a busy gal! Plus, it gives context to what you are doing! Love that- now waiting for pictures! HEHEHEHE
---------------------------------------------------------

Going to put in some job hunt time and then get out for a nice walk with pooch. I did a bit over 1.5 miles yesterday on a trail. It was fun! It is truly a stunning day again. No rain on the radar until end of next week! Just perfect! Hard to stay inside. But my pocket book states I still need to keep hunting for something to keep lights on! That pesky thing called a job, yeah that!
I have not heard anything from 22 resumes sent.

I really think that companies are 1.) in 4th fiscal quarter and re-evaluating their expenses through the year. This has always been a slow time of year to get hired! It will get worse come Nov. I might as well give it up until Jan. People do not hire over the holiday until it is a temp job- which I might have to do.

Down to my low (not goal)- feel great! Holding it here for a minute! I am already eyeing another 10 gone! Yup- agree, eating really high-quality foods and moving through life and have the energy to do so! It doesn't get better! I am amazed at how many people our age are disabled due to lifestyle! I am grateful to have found truth. Food can and does heal!

Looking forward to another DD visit here soon with such nice weather. We had a wonderful time and not going to wait so long between visits. She really wants me to move back to SC........ yeah I don't know about that.

This and that today and just doing what needs done.

Rock on kids! - Thinking about NIC on her beach eating seafood in a grass skirt and a lei - hahahaha
  #1430   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-22, 02:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all,

A quick hello. We’ve adjusted to the time change here so yay for that. It’s 10:18 Hawaii time now which is 4:18 AM est.

Heading on to the ship tomorrow afternoon. Had a great day today on Oahu. We got a Shaka guide and a rental car and toured around the entire island. It was fun and interesting.

We were going to climb diamond head tmrw but I think we may just chill, go to the beach, go to a farmer’s market and the like. It was a full day with about 15k steps.

I’ll try to get some pics into an email tmrw!
  #1431   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-22, 05:17

BF:

Good Morning,

Nic....Thanks for checking in......Bon Voyage!

---------

Well, my blah feeling yesterday morning turned into full on sick as a dog by afternoon. Severe nausea...like I haven't had in years. I couldn't even drink a sip of water without being hit by wave after wave of sick. WTH? I went to bed at 7:30, but was too sick to even brush my teeth. I was in bed until midnight, but my back, hips & head hurt so bad that I had to get up. I came downstairs and took 3 Advil....luckily I could keep that water down. I slept in my recliner until 4:30 when Gabby got me up. This morning the worst of the nausea is gone.....thank God....but I'm shaky, exhausted and have a pounding head. I had a cup of coffee and a rice cake with a skiff of pnut butter on it. My stomach is not too sure about it. I'm just going to lay low today. Last evening I was praying for death. Not sure what it was/is, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Hope you all are well and have a nice weekend. I'm supposed to play golf tomorrow, but that remains to be seen.

I need a nap.
  #1432   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-22, 08:49

BF:

Saturday Morning!

Lori- Urghhhhhhh. OMG stomach flu? Food Poisoning? It sounds like a stomach bug! Those are the worst- but they are thankfully short lived! Hoping you get back on your feet soon!
Add Ginger (from your spice cabinet) to your water- 1/2 tea. It does help with nausea!
Def. Lay low-

Nic- - Woot woot, on checking out the island!!! What does it look like? Is it as tropical as all the pics show? Where did you eat last night? DETAILS GIRL! Are the beaches stellar? You excited about the ship experience? I would think just being where you are would be magical!

Trig- Beautiful weekend on tap for us! The small amount of trees that do turn here are starting to go a deep red! Most are pines and stay green year round. But some color is so pretty!
You are the hiker of the bunch- lace up those boots girl and drag the DD with and have a lovely day! Followed by a grilled steak- it doesn't get better!

What are you up to this weekend?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Well put in 4 applications this morning and will work the job boards until noon, then I am DONE for the weekend. I want to enjoy this weather; the trees and experience Fall! I am looking up apple farms in my area, and other places I can take the pooch and hike away from the city. Still going to make it to Helen very soon, but I heard the traffic on the weekend to get there was rough!

I have left over taco meat I am going to dump in my beef bone broth I made myself from beef necks! I have several bags I froze. I still have another package of beef bones in the freezer to make more! So, it is sort of high-end hamburger soup. I will drop a few egg yolks in at the end when hot for some creaminess! YUMMY! I might top it with crushed pork rinds for a topper. All good. Don't need veggies- broth, meat, eggs= yum.

Thawing a ribeye for tomorrow and have beef sausages to grill as well. Pop some Dijoun mustard those bad boys good to go! Meals covered for the weekend.

Load of laundry ready for folding and another one on spin. This and that- pretty low key and just a happy camper. Even while not working right now I am content! (Although still looking!!!! for sure!)

Time to finish this up and get outside!

FEEL BETTER LORI!
  #1433   ^
Old Sat, Oct-08-22, 20:30

BF:

Hey all, sorry I didn’t manage to get an email out. Things are good. We are in the ship and about to head to a required muster drill. Dh and I have 250 minutes internet to share and he will need it for work so I won’t be on much at all. When we are off the ship and on an island with some downtime I will try to at least read along. All is well though! Kids have some gold things going on which I will share when I can!
  #1434   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-22, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling good this morning! What a freakin' relief. I'm just about ready for cup of coffee #2 and I think I'll bundle up and head to the golf course as planned. I'll probably ride in the cart instead of walking a lot, but I think getting out in the sunshine will do me good. It'll be around 50 degrees when we start, but will warm into the 60's with full sun.

I think my stomach is totally over this as I'm starving this morning. It was a quick way to lose a couple pounds! Those pounds will be back with friends after a couple days of eating normally.

That's it from here. I hear DH upstairs stirring around. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't get the stomach thing that I had.

Bye for now!
  #1435   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-22, 06:45

BF:

Sunday!

Lori- Urghhhhh what a way to "lose" a few pounds! Goodness! Def. sounds like a stomach bug. They are acute and short lived, but they do make you wish for death in the throes of them. ICK! So glad you are better. I am sure you have bleached the crap out of your bathroom.

Amazing you are up and out the door to play! Good for you! Your temps are about 10 degrees cooler than here! Brrrrrrr

Bundle up! Glad you are feeling it and no issues!

Nic- wow 250 minutes only of internet time for a week? That is rough! I would feel very lost without internet! Amazing how we have come in 20 years! Enjoy your ship! Lots of pics to come I hope!

Trig- Hey there! What baking and shaking in NC for you this weekend?!?!?!?!?!?- Hoping all good and cruising through. Time to pull out the flannel!!!!! BTW- have you noticed that CORDEROY is back, via shirts, shirt jackets, and pants!?!?!?!? I kid you not! Whoot! Love a corduroy jacket, looking at them now on Amazon. Going to get me one!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Tired today. Not my normal peppy self. I did not sleep well. I was up 3 times to "pee". TMI I know. I am going to have to cut off the liquid at 7pm going forward. This is crazy. Then I can't get back to sleep. I got up the first time at 3 and laid there until 430 and got up again it was like that the rest of the night. NO SLEEP and I am feeling it. I get grumpy bear tired when I don't get my sleep.

I am also up 2 pounds and feel a bit bloaty and gut wonky too. I made chicken salad again. It was fine when I had it last week and thought it might be a lite change of pace. But I think the mayo, curry, and hot sauce did me in! Add 2 slices of bacon to each wrap (fried in butter)- yeah that!

I am flushing the bloat with water today and have a ribeye waiting. That will be that. Maybe I should leave chicken alone. Maybe the way it was cooked? I dunno. I will pick up a breast next week and try grilling it. I am attempting to take 2 days out of the week and add back some fish, and lighter meat back. No veggies, just change of the meat a bit. But my gut is not happy today I can tell you that.
Steak it is today! Hamburger tomorrow.

Not sure if I am up for the road trip I wanted to take. It was a day trip- no biggie.
I will decide after I have more coffee!

Laundry done, errands done, resumes for the weekend completed yesterday 10 of them, and free time today! I love that. So I will see what the day brings-

Off for more coffee!!!!!
  #1436   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-22, 06:54

BF:

Lori on how ya went down so tough. yikes. you are gonna golf today, more power to you! Wonder what got you that tough, had to be some food issues? no clue but damn I don't want what you had

Jazz, curry spice. hot sauce, sodium levels in bacon.....all add inflammation to the body in a way. pee at night is very normal, you will get thru it ya know, our bodies are changing inside and the pee out happens to all zc people but it tapers off when the body is adjusted. hold strong on that one. Longer you do zc more your body is gonna react to condiments so just take note of how ya eat. When one goes 'chicken salad' or stuff in egg wraps etc. it 'kinda is a meat meal' ya know. Not equivalent to hounding down a tomahawk ever LOL so watch the less than desire meals and keep a HUNK OF meat or seafood or fish/fowl as a main bulk. less hungry we get we have a tendency to start to 'less quality meats' ya know. again just keep an eye out

Nicco, loved your pics!! Such smiling faces in Paradise~~ I know more fun to come. So glad you are enjoying just a nice time! we all sure need that!!

--------------today is NY Strip steak. a big'un. got chicken leftover to eat up and will be defrosting hamburger meat to make 2 mini mealoafs. basically they are 1/2 or so in loaves like meatloaf with 2 eggs in them. I just like 'baking' them this way sometimes vs. a burger. When I make just a burger my body 'demands' I eat a cheeseburger LOL no diff. truly in my mini meatloaf I make but in the brain it is a meatloaf so no cheese required. Don't as what mental issues goes into all that mess HAHA

today is whatever day.
Brrrr.....hmm....long time to early spring? heehee
  #1437   ^
Old Sun, Oct-09-22, 19:10

BF:

Today was good- sorta. All kinds of phone issues!

I am switching phone services tomorrow because I can't get any calls in! Spent hours on this today to no use. Need new carrier.

Took advice and just ate meat. Had fresh ground 100 grass fed 90/10 ground chuck. I made chunky meat and added chili powder. It was good. no wraps or anything- it was just good. I also got it mark down as he was making them down at 1.99 a package. I got 6 packages- yes please took them all.
Right time and place! They are still read and fresh.

Tired- got up at 330- going to bed!

Lator gators
  #1438   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-22, 05:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I wasn't sure it was a good idea for me to go play golf yesterday, but I felt great! I really think I had food poisoning. I've been trying to think of what I might have eaten that was bad and I came up with one possibility. On Wednesday morning I was making an omelet and I started to sprinkle on some shredded cheese I had in the fridge. After I started sprinkling, I saw it was moldy. I picked off most of it, but I know I ate some of it. Could it have taken from Wednesday until Friday for the food poisoning to hit me? Who knows? Anyway, I seem to be over it, though every time I feel a twinge in my gut, I think.....uh oh.

Supposed to play golf again today. It's only 44 degrees right now, but supposed to warm up nicely. It will be around 50 when we start off.

I have a couple hours before I head for the course. We'll have to bundle up a bit to start. Makes it kind of hard to swing the club. At least I have something to blame my terrible score on!

Have good days!
  #1439   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-22, 06:21

BF:

Lori....yea that can nail ya. you only got a little mold in ya, took a day or so 'to grow' inside and take you out glad ya kinda know what got you and yea I think that was it too. Better to know then wonder if you might be getting sick or diseased in some other way.

Hubby did that yesterday. He pulled out the 1/2 pack of parm shred cheese and he sprinkled on a good handful and THEN SAW the mold on it....he was pissed, he threw out his little leftover spaghetti meal he was making. I said better throw than eat HAHA I am one to truly ditch any moldy I see 'in a pre-shredded' pack of cheese. I will cut off mold from a 'hard aged' block of cheese and eat the rest but when that mold is in shredded or 'soft' cheese' the entrails of that nasty little mold is traveling thru ALL that cheese........some reason I bulk at that and have 'my personal cheese mold' protocol to follow.

Enjoy your golf!!

Nicco, we KNOW you are having tons of fun!!!

Jazz, yea eat bigger meat and simpler and on days ya feel like it do some 'lesser meals' ya know in the form of egg wrap and all that but 'think super primal'....throw slab meat on plate. eat with fingers. over sink, the way you prefer HAHA and done.
Be careful on chili powder and more.....you are handling alot of spices so that is great......I did too when I started, just keep a gut check on them ya know Sounds like you are doing fab!

'Our services' and what is offered and what ya get??? hmm, feel ya. ugh.

---------big ol' NY Strip steak for later. making some mini meatloafs also for me later to eat second meal.

hubby work
kid school and failing French....omg....I ASK, you good in all stuff....of course Mom.....then comes email from teacher, failing French. All missing work. Guess what kiddo did ALL weekend

I got chores to handle a bit, not in mood to do much. didn't sleep good last night. to bed at 2am....eyes would not shut. up at 6am. nappy time later maybe? I am not a good napper but this morn I am dragging.

onward all
  #1440   ^
Old Mon, Oct-10-22, 12:32

BF:

Hey all,

Checking in- things are good. I'm using my phone hotspot right now and will try to send some pics later this today if I can get in a free Wi-Fi zone. Brought iPad and typing on it w no keyboard and can’t dictate here. Sorry you were so sick Lori!

Going into Lahaina on Maui today. Yesterday was a LOOONG excursion on the Road to Hana- look it up! Crazy drive! Today only a half day excursion and some time to chill later on. Much needed!