Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 16:56

Plan: Carbo-butts on Atkins
Stats: 330/324/185 Male 6 ft
BF:HugeFatButt
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerdric
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one!
Now I have to put up with skinny junk food eaters lecturing me about "a life time of poor eating choices". I could spit.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I work with a few beautiful people who eat fast food and candy all day and stay perfectly skinny. It is funny to hear them try to place themselves on a plataeu far above those who are overweight (I have heard their discussions of this). They think they have greater willpower than the overweight people around them! It is quite ironic cause some of these same skinny people live a life out of control in so many other ways, (excessive drinking, smoking, partying, staying out all night etc, one night stands with who-ever-they were drunk with) but at least they believe they have willpower! Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 18:41

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

If ignorance is bliss, they must be ECSTATIC!

Last edited by Wifezilla : Sat, Apr-05-08 at 08:05.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 19:08
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt
They think they have greater willpower than the overweight people around them! It is quite ironic cause some of these same skinny people live a life out of control in so many other ways

I believe everyone has at least one part of their lives which is out of their control in one way or another. But with some people that part is the "make a lot of money" part or "fit in a size 2 dress" part or a "make sure my child gets into the best school" part. For these people, their out-of-controlness is socially acceptable.

It seems fortunate for them, but I wonder if they will ever have the personal growth it takes to really confront your lack of control and learn to make peace with it.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-08, 02:01

Plan: Carbo-butts on Atkins
Stats: 330/324/185 Male 6 ft
BF:HugeFatButt
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerdric
I believe everyone has at least one part of their lives which is out of their control in one way or another. But with some people that part is the "make a lot of money" part or "fit in a size 2 dress" part or a "make sure my child gets into the best school" part. For these people, their out-of-controlness is socially acceptable.

It seems fortunate for them, but I wonder if they will ever have the personal growth it takes to really confront your lack of control and learn to make peace with it.

That is the reality of this life. Some of us have a weakness such as our weight that is openly judged by others because it is always on display. The interesting thing about this is that there are just as many skinny people who have the same food weaknesses as overweight people but the outward results are completely different.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-08, 08:23

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have 2 skinny friends with issues they would never attribute to carbs. One has high blood pressure, and the other just had a chunk of cancer taken out of her leg. Carbs can be a big contributor to both conditions. Me, I get fat when I eat carbs...much easier for people to see.