Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 19:14

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default feeling kind of weird!

Hey everyone,
I'm at the end of my 2 weeks of Induction, I'm actually into the 3rd week. Eating below 20 grams of carbs still and I've been kind of worried about myself today! I've been feeling very light-headed and tired all day, shaky as well. (dont know if the coffee I had a few hours ago to keep me awake in class did it!? but?) The only thing I can think of is maybe its been due to my increase in exercise. I went to the gym last night, ran a good 2.5 miles and came home feeling good. Today though is another story. Yet I'm thinking maybe my body is adjusting to this new "state"? Do you think so? Maybe I'm losing a lot right now or something and my body is in shock and reacting? I've been drinking plenty of water, getting my veggies and doing everything like you guys have told me. I'm just a lil worried thats all, maybe I'm overreacting? Thanks everyone.

Love,
Brittany
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 19:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%

well first you should not eat below 20 grams. expesially if you are working out as hard as you are.
try eating 25 grams and see if that helps.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 10:55
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Are you eating enough calories to support the new activity? The shakiness could be just the muscles recovering from working out. Drink plenty of water while exercising and maybe have a high protien snack when you are finished. Remember that when you exercise you tear apart muscles. It is in the rest time they heal and grow stronger. Make sure to get enough calories your body has fuel for the workout, as well as enough protien that your muscles have the materials to rebuild and heal.

Along withthe cardio you might want to add weights a couple times a week. Weights can help get a more toned look and really add to a workout rutine.

You could also check out body for life. It is a very structured, but efficient workout rutine. It can be combined with low carb. There is a forum on here about it. Basically you would do cardio for 20 mins 3-6 times a week and weight lifting for an hour 3 times a week. It doesn't sound like much, but the rutines are intense enough you get a good workout in that short amount of time.