Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 08:34

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%
Default For Paleo-deviants...looking for a cookie

The cafeteria at the high school I teach in makes these WONDERFUL oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. I suspect they actually add crack cocaine to them to make them more addictive!

These cookies have been SERIOUSLY undermining my paleo efforts. They call me from three floors down...three floors packed with teenagers struggling with their own issues, and yet their cookie siren song makes it way into my classroom...

I'm thinking if I can't fight them off with sheer willpower (I seem to be lacking that lately) I could find a substitute. Has anyone experimented with creating a "paleo" cookie? I'm allergic to peanuts and to sesame seeds, but anything else goes.

Hope someone can help me out...I'm at home right now, kilometers away from the school, and I think I can STILL hear those cookies....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 10:11
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

There's a thread at the top of the forum called "Deviant Baking". It isn't 100% paleo but it is close-ish.

You can always use something like a Lara Bar. They're made from nuts and fruit, maybe honey. They're available in health food stores, Trader Joe's usually.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-10, 12:06

Plan: Keto/Phinney18
Stats: 269/265/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:Way/TOO/Much
Progress: 3%

I was just thinking the same thing . I am not being tempted by anything in particular but sometimes i dream of a cookie Here is my usual solution. I take organic dates and dice them up and add some coconut flakes and some kind of nut usually pecans or walnuts. then just form them all together as date balls and it doesn't take much of that to satisfy the craving for a "cookie" YOu can add nutbutter if you aren't allergic (I am ) and that helps it stick together. Or you can heat the dates by pouring a little hot water over them and then draining that off before mixing.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-10, 13:01

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I just ran across this:

http://buttoni.wordpress.com/category/desserts/cookies/

You might also look here:

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/

It's best to break the cycle of cravings, though.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-10, 22:06

Plan: general very low-carb
Stats: 150/130/129 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I don't know if it's Paleo, but why not try some no-sugar dark chocolate candy? I just posted my recipe in the sweets area. I use walnuts and coat them with melted unsweetened pure 100% chocolate to which I've added a packet of Truvia. Super easy, non-addictive but yummy!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-10, 20:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/265/195 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Well... If a was a caveman (neanderthal) I would probably see dried bear dung as a big cookie ! Especially, if the bear eat blueberries the night before. I guess, the sun would cook the dung to make the patties crunchy. Miam, with the blueberries. lol

OMG, what if that bear also happened to binge on honey and blueberries.

ahahahahah
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-11, 22:46

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 165/152/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi! i love this chocolate: http://www.luluschocolate.com/

the chocolate maker, lulu, makes raw chocolate bars with low glycemic coconut sugar and uses very little of it anyway. it's on the pricey side but it's great stuff! i gave some to my boyfriend this holiday season and it was the best chocolate we've ever had.

per alice b. toklas, i made some pretty great holiday "green" cookies recently. here is the recipe:

2 c coconut meal
3 eggs
2 tbsp spirulina (for color)
1 t stevia
1/2 c almond slivers
1/4 c dried berries
1/2 c butter (melted and warmed with 4-5 "special" buds ~ 10 min)

mix together. since no gluten-ie flour is present, the order that you add things is not important. bake for 10-15 minutes. they came out like very, very delicious macaroons with a mellow body high.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-11, 17:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/265/195 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue333
The cafeteria at the high school I teach in makes these WONDERFUL oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. I suspect they actually add crack cocaine to them to make them more addictive!

These cookies have been SERIOUSLY undermining my paleo efforts. They call me from three floors down...three floors packed with teenagers struggling with their own issues, and yet their cookie siren song makes it way into my classroom...

I'm thinking if I can't fight them off with sheer willpower (I seem to be lacking that lately) I could find a substitute. Has anyone experimented with creating a "paleo" cookie? I'm allergic to peanuts and to sesame seeds, but anything else goes.

Hope someone can help me out...I'm at home right now, kilometers away from the school, and I think I can STILL hear those cookies....

Sounds like you have serious cookie (a.k.a sugar) addiction.

Try doing the two week Atkin induction phase (less than 20 carbs der day), that should get rid of the strong physical need for sugar. Then if the cookie is still stronger than your will, you may need to consult with the cookie monster. I heard he's very understanding.

Good luck with that