Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1936   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/240/165 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
As for the comments on slamboard that you can't see her face.....what difference does it make? Have we ever seen any actual pictures of her? If we think we have, how are we sure?

Good point. What picture are we going to compare her face to? The red dress? Or the blue sweater? And at the weight she is now, how can we even really see her features?
Sponsored Links
  #1937   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:32
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I'd be willing to bet the blue sweater pic IS her, as the kid she's with is obviously Brandon.
  #1938   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolism Miracle
Stats: 264/231/199 Female 72
BF:Lots/Lots/Some
Progress: 51%

But, I am nonetheless amazed that the first comment was by one of her "supporters", defending her by saying that you couldn't even see her face.

Good grief!

My thoughts exactly. But I'm not surprised, and I'm madder than hell because I paid $60 to HER to tell me the secrets to a diet that she claims works and that I couldn't do because it was so low fat.
  #1939   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:34
Low-Carb Dharma

BF:

What I am very interested to see now.. will be if all of those supporters of Heidi who said "we don't care if she's fat!" will still feel that way after seeing that picture and the other 20 that will be posted later today.
  #1940   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:35
Fancy New Beasley

Stats: 220/145/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Someone posted the link to slamboard on kimkins!!
  #1941   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 173/144/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I don't know why, but I feel so sad~ WHY would someone without even personal experience, put other people through such a dangerous diet plan and charge them money ? How sick can one person be?
~~~N
  #1942   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 1 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMac
What I am very interested to see now.. will be if all of those supporters of Heidi who said "we don't care if she's fat!" will still feel that way after seeing that picture and the other 20 that will be posted later today.

Yes, that will be interesting. It's easy to say, when you don't know for sure.. But now.....

I'm interested to see what, if any, spin will be put on this. Or if the site will be gone as fast as she will be...
  #1943   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:37

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciej
Someone posted the link to slamboard on kimkins!!

Gracie, PLEASE keep us posted on what happens there!!!
  #1944   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:38
Low-Carb Dharma

BF:

Nady, I feel the same way.. sort of. If I wasn't so mad I'd feel badly for her, but it was only a matter of time before this happened and she had to know she'd be found out eventually.

As for motive? I can only speculate that it was due to how poor she was.. We all saw her creditboard posts - court judgements from student loans, divorce, bankruptcy, etc. If she's on SSI, and from the pic, I assume that she still is.. then something like a diet website would be a dream come true (though she's certainly in hot water with the IRS / SS)
  #1945   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:40
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolism Miracle
Stats: 264/231/199 Female 72
BF:Lots/Lots/Some
Progress: 51%

Do you think this is what Ducky has been leading up to?
  #1946   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:40
Fancy New Beasley

Stats: 220/145/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

This was just posted. Cracked me up!

Quote:
pics of Kimmer just were posted on slamboard
shes as big as a effin house.........scammer
  #1947   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:41
Registered Member

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 173/144/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb F

My thoughts exactly. But I'm not surprised, and I'm madder than hell because I paid $60 to HER to tell me the secrets to a diet that she claims works and that I couldn't do because it was so low fat.
Actually though, she's walking proof of what everyone knowledgeable has said~ you can't maintain any weight loss when achieved with a LVCD~ and it's questionable if you can even lose any substantial amount of weight without causing serious medical problems.

So, at this point, she just proves what all these anti-Kimmer/kimkins threads have been about.
~~~N
  #1948   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:41

Stats: 270/248/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Kiki
Gracie, PLEASE keep us posted on what happens there!!!

They are still defending her over there - basically saying, they don't care who she is, the weight loss is the most important thing....
  #1949   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanessa
They are still defending her over there - basically saying, they don't care who she is, the weight loss is the most important thing....

#1950   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-07, 11:44

Plan: shenanigankins
Stats: 317/213.5/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Ok I saw the pic, but it still leaves me wanting more. I want to see her face....not because I doubt the photo...but because you know she will deny the photo is her! We need to see one with her and Brandon, because Brandon's current photo has been on the net.

The people saying that you can't see her face ironically are going to be the same ones that say "It doesn't matter what she looks like anyway...I paid for a plan not a view of kimmer". It truly is a no win situation until the person wants to see things!!!

On the kimkins site the thread under "play pen" - Kimmer is getting defended by many of the members????

A member had posted-

Quote:
I just read on Christin's blog that she had health problems from the woe. She told everyone she was given a clean bill of health. I guess that ws after she was treated for the problems?

Another member replied-

Quote:
Im not sure if it was Christin that said she got a clean bill of health or those were Kimmers words.
Nevertheless the truth is coming out about this plan.
Of course we all want to lose weight
Of course we want to lose it fast
But long term damage to your health wasnt listed as one of the side effects when i signed up
Of course your going to lose weight only eating 500 calories a day ....duh
The real Kimmer needs to show herself as she is not who she says she is
She had her stomach stapled many moons ago to lose weight
And has since regained it all plus some
they've found out the truth
Stay tuned to the news and magazines

(I have added the bold highlight)

Looks like according to the recent pic that the poster was not to far off on her statements!!!

Then of course we get-
Quote:
As far as who the real Kimmer is and what she presently looks like.....who cares? I am thankful beyond measure that I found her through WW magazine. Where I go and how well I continue to do on this WOE is my responsibility. The members on this board have been so supportive, we are all in the same boat.....why do some of us feel the need to rock it?

or

Quote:
guess what I don't understand is why on earth all of these people continue this string over and over and over AND OVER again??? Good Grief!! You all talk and talk about who Kimmer is, what was said, who said this, who said that...who cares!! Are you losing weight??? Are you continuing this WOE..then just do it!! I don't get it how people can continue to bash someone who created or founded (whatever) this site and still continue w/this WOE and w/this forum!!!???

Get lives...move on...lose your weight how YOU want to lose your weight. If you want higher calories..do that! I'm happy where I am..have had ABSOLUTELY no health problems..and am almost to maintenance!! I will up my calories in the next few weeks in order to maintain, but eating this healthy now..is GREAT!

But now someone has even linked the slamboard site pic!!! Oh I see someone has already said that.

Boy, you guys sure are fast!

BTW Morgan loved the comments to Kimmer's letter for the foster kids fund.
Closed Thread