Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 23:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/208/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Yeast infection gone in a few days

Hi

I haven't been on this board in awhile but I had to post here.

I had been suffering with extremely horrible yeast infections off and on for 3 months. Like agonizingly painful. I tried everything candida cleanses, oil of oregano, garlic, tea tree oil, over the counter medicine, teas, candida diet (which I am sure works but IMPOSSIBLE for me to follow). ANYWAY... I had MSM flakes/crystals I bought forever ago for joint pain but hadn't taken out of pure laziness. Well I read somewhere that it makes your skin nicer...so I tried it again and great side affect after like 3 or 4 days my infection was completely gone. Seriously!!! I googled msm and candida and yeah apparently it makes your body alkaline so it normalizes candida in your body. I am also taking chlorella which is great but I was taking that before the msm and still had the infection. Im pretty sure it was the msm. I am still taking it every morning.

I am taking 2 tbsp of flakes every morning with water and yeah everything has been great. It tastes awful but if you ever tasted oil or oregano you'll be fine.

I just thought if you were/are as desperate as I was its worth a try. Google it. I don't work for any msm manufacturing company or anything. Just want to help others, and don't recall once seeing this posted on this message board. Would of been helpful instead of buying like a trillion other things for candida.

Anyway if anyone else has success let me know. I am going to keep taking msm every morning apparently after 3 months of taking it regularly it helps skin, joints, hair, etc etc...

edited: I had msn instead of msm lol oops windows messenger will not help with your candida haha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 23:15

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

What exactly is MSN? I've never heard of it. Thanks.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 23:52

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I've never heard of it either, but I'm excited to learn more!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 03:33

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

Some people seem to swear by MSM to fight candida and it seems to be useful for several other things too.

My theory is that there are many cures for many ailments. What works for one person may not work for another. I'm just guessing here but let's say that MSM works for one person because their candida is caused by a lack of sulfur but another person has candida caused by a lack of something that can be found in oregano oil?
I might be completely wrong of course.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 06:17

BF:

My 'guess' it is that candida THRIVES in an acidic body so when you take MSM is makes your body alkaline and candida can't survive outside the colon.

You can get it at your health food store. Get the crystals/flakes and give it a try. The container lasts a long time.

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/msm-powder3.htm

Here is one site with benefits I pulled off a google search

Worth a shot right!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 08:04

Thank you for the link. I will definitely give it a try. Nothing seems to be working for me and I've tried it almost all...It's very frustrating and depressing. Let's see if my body is too acidic.

And you are taking just 1 TBS in the morning? With food or not, or it doesn't matter?

MSM shouldn't have negative effects on a body, right?

Warren, you are right. I still haven't found "my cure" though...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 17:36

BF:

Go by the directions on the container. I take about 2 TBS in the morning dissolved in water. Work your way up to a higher dose slowly. Its not toxic and wont have any negative effects. Just with introducing anything new to your body you should take it slow. Also give it time! Mine only took a few days but it could take you a few weeks. Also even though I'm cured I still take it every morning for the other benefits.

Good luck!! Let me know how it goes.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 17:37

BF:

With or without food hasn't mattered to me.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 19:02
Counterweight

Plan: VLC/Moderate Protein
Stats: 291/251.4/150 Female 63.25"
BF:72%/62.5%/26%
Progress: 28%

http://www.bulkfoods.com/health.asp

In addition to getting a pound of MSM for under $10, Bulk Foods also carries LOTS of food-grade items. I order my spices from them in addition to my LINDT 85% Dark Chocolate for less than $31.00 for a box of 12. Check it out!

I AM NOT affiliated in any way with this company. I just really like the variety of goods that they carry.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 23:53

jojo, I will let you know how I am doing! I ordered it today...should start taking it next week.

katoman, thanks for the tip! will check it ou.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-11, 09:17

BF:

Jonika, Good luck!

Katoman, is there a way to tell if the quality of the products are good? I'm always worried buying anything in bulk might mean a lesser quality product.

tia
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 22:25

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 120/132/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -240%

Does anyone think then that if you take MSM that you can eat all the foods you are supposed to not eat on a candida diet?

'cause that would rule but it seems too good to be true.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-11, 00:33

Heirloom,that's probably too good to be true...I wouldn't risk it. I just want to be yeast free for a few years, God help me.

Now, I am getting an infection in the corners of my mouth...what the hell is happening to me???
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-11, 02:01

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 120/132/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -240%

i'm sorry to hear that .

does the original poster still have other candida symptoms?!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-11, 22:56

Jojo_lee
I got my MSM today and took 1tsp with some vit.C. Let's see what happens in a week or two! I want to work myself up to 2 TBS a day. I just need to figure out how to camouflage the awful bitterness...Perhaps, I will learn to drink it "raw" (just with plain water) ...
By the way, MSM is supposed to help joints, right? I've been having little problems with my knees (lots of skiing) so hopefully, they will get stronger.
Will check back in later.