Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 04:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/190/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:?but BMI: 42/31/19
Progress: 50%
Question Do I have to eat Veggies in Induction Phase??

Well, I can't stand veggies. Plus salad veggies are too expensive, is it essential that I eat them??

Also, I want to know if I did okay today??

I ate a big fat chuck steak cooked in unsalted Challenge butter, seasoned with plain salt and pepper. I ate it with 5 raw green onions and Louisiana Hot Sauce.

Drank 5 12 oz cups of water.

Ate 4 scrambled eggs with 1 green onion in butter with no more than 4 oz. of cheese mixed in.

Did I do something wrong?? I'm always messing up!! My thighs feel like they are growing as I speak. Should I be exercising daily? I don't feel cravings. I hope I will be alright. I have the Atkins Essentials and I hope that suffice.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 06:23

Stats: 330/246/230 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Yes I think you need to eat your veggies. One nice thing about atkins is that you can load your veggies with cheese, butter, sour cream, regular salad dressing, etc. These have a little carbs but not much. Veggies are good for you! If fresh are too expensive you can alway go to Sam's Club and buy frozen veggies in bulk.

Onions do have a little natural sugar in them (worse if you cook them) but I think green onions are much lower. Check out: http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html to see if what you eat has too many carbs. Also don't forget to check the sauce to make sure it doesn't have any hidden carbs!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 07:11

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

What about salad? Do you like lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomatoes...all these thingsa count as veggies too!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 10:53

Plan: Modified Atkins/SB
Stats: 174/161/145 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

Eat your veggies. A lot of people start this WOE not liking vegetables but after time you find ones that you like. With this WOE, you'll miss alot of vitamins and stuff without the veggies, plus you could have some bowel issues also.

Try some different veggies, and see what you like or at least tolerate. Veggies really aren't that expensive. The expensive part of this WOE to me is the meat. If you buy the prepackaged veggies in the bag, they're more expensive. But a head of lettuce or broccoli is much cheaper than the precut bagged kind. Give them a try.

Hang in there...and yes, eat your veggies!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 11:04
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

It is true that most people get the taste for veggies even when they have hated them previously. Just add in a little vegies now and again and you'll soon get the taste for them. It's essential if you want a healthy diet that you do include them.
Your menu looks fine to me!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 14:16

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 275/235/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

try to start off on the right foot and follow the plan by doing what it says to do...eat your vegetables. you are going to have to be creative. only you know what you like to eat...but you gotta eat them. and think of how you would like to prepare the veggies. the list is so long to choose from..i don't know what else to tell you. good luck and stay strong!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 14:22

Plan: Low carb, high protein
Stats: 225/200.8/160 Female 64
BF:48.5
Progress: 37%

I hate veggies too...but I have found that I am more willing to try new things and actually looking forward to finding new ways to use them!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-05, 15:46

Plan: Atkins - sort of
Stats: 272/240/180 Female 64 inches
BF:Restart LC 03/09
Progress: 35%

Yes, I think it is important to eat the veggies. Look closer at acceptable vegetables and find the ones that you do like or can tolerate. I know for me, I'm willing to eat things that I don't necessarily like (such as cauliflower, spinach, etc.), but can tolerate just because losing the weight is that important to me. And yes, I have now grown to love those items since January 1st!

#9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 11:59

Stats: 260/190/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:?but BMI: 42/31/19
Progress: 50%

Thanks for the support everybody. Only one salad veggie I do like and thats the raw green onion with any kind of meat, I will try different ones on the list I've never tried to see how that works out.