Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#391   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-24, 05:15

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I have to run yet again for an hour drive to see a client and am already pushing the clock. Such stress.

OMG and OMG TRIG- and OMG! I am waiting to hear about the RATS! - Girl you need to just BAIL and RUN! No way No how would I be in that mess.
And the CRAZY?!?!?!?!?- Well This I just can't wait to hear.... All ears! LOLOLOLOL

Nic
- and the answer is...... a ........we are paused now for a station break........... LOL

Lori
- Have a stellar day at the course!

later gators gotta fly........
Sponsored Links
  #392   ^
Old Thu, Apr-18-24, 16:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

----------------WELL GUYS, LITERALLY I GAVE UP EVEN ATTEMPTING TO CLEAN THE HOARDER HOUSE.

FREAK OUT, TAP OUT, A HELL NO I AIN'T DOING THIS COME HELL OR HIGHWATER. Truly I can not do this.

honestly I ain’t got it in me. I spent 3 hrs and only uncovered a single bed that was crammed almost to the ceiling with clothes, boxes, purses, a gazillion hangers and rat crap. Up and down small stairs, out into yard to pitch in dumpster and I started to freak out. I realized this is way in over my head. I freaked to hubby who said go home and I did. I begged him to hire clean out crew but he said he wants to keep handling it for now. Told him I am done. I can’t breath that moldy air and rat poop flying around and the whole time I am just overly anxious cause we barely got anything truly handled and there are 8 friggin’ rooms of this.

sorry I ranted and vented out but I can’t take this anymore. So will see it goes down and just life move forward without me on this project. Hubby is grown man, he can figure it out if he won’t listen to me.

Plus for those who know me well on this thread, I am more of a minimalist then a clutter gal so when boxed in with that clutter of filth insanity, I friggin' lost it. I realized I can't do it and am not gonna do it. Done.

came home, stripped right at the washer, threw it all in, hit the shower, brushed my teeth a few times, blew nose alot and I still can taste weird moldy stuff and I can smell it in my nose that mold and gosh who knows what else.

Guys I am gonna send you a few pics of like 1 room, and then imagine 8 rooms of it geez

plus a singlewide trailer packed to the rim on property.
old barn cluttered to the rafters
10x20 storage bldg that is literally packed wall to wall still

I tap out, with no guilt whatsoever.

UGH
  #393   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-24, 03:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

DH & I will hit the ground running with a financial meeting with our advisor at 9 and then DH has a busy day at his part-time job. Spring is manic for him! I have nothing else on the schedule for today except a massage at 4. I am SO looking forward to that. Ahhhh......

-------

Trig......Oh girl...I don't blame you for running out of there and not looking back. I have never seen a house like that in person, but I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be. How many years of crap are in those buildings? Was she hoarding like that when your DH was a kid? You can't be breathing in all that who knows what and touching stuff. Ugh.....Does DH think he will find something of value in all that mess? Who knows? People hide stuff among the clutter I guess. Sorry you were left with that massive problem. We had a lot of things at B's house, but nothing like that.

Nic....Hope things are going well. Is the family safely at home?

Jaz.....You have had a lot of "road time" this week. You must be exhausted. Then I'm sure you have hours of reports to do....I know you're ready for the weekend!

--------

I haven't played golf since Tuesday....stupid weather! We're planning to play Sat, Sun & Monday.....it won't be super warm, but should be tolerable. By Monday I think it'll be pretty nice.

That's it from here.
  #394   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-24, 05:26

BF:

Lori glad you got some more decent golf days starting for you. I am sure you are itching to get out there!!

Your DH is on the move, fast fast and you are massaging it today! such the contrast on this one HAHA love it. I choose your day

yea I told hubby don't let this house sit over the yrs but he just shrugged thru it. Men! I woulda and coulda had this cleaned out over those yrs she was in the facility easily and without craziness too ya know. EH WE will get thru it. I know you had an ordeal with Betty but ya hired help and got thru it way more calm than me right now. wish I was you and your way lol

Nicco I wanna yell yell yell stuff but won't LOL wait for your chat from ya.

Jazz, what's doing? need update too from ya.

---------------the Chop and me talked. He said since I was a such a weirdo that threw out stuff literally all the time and that annoys him, he thought I could handle MILs house easily with him and not wanna cry and freak. Well yes I control my home easily cause it ain't piled or crazy wild like a hoarder home. I mean hubby puts it down I pick it up and put it back in its home or I throw it out! I am a terror to live with HAHA

but he wants to do things right now himself. I said fine but when it goes too much change your mind and hire? He said he is 'thinking about it all' and OMG that scared me right there truly but then my brain kicked in and said stay the hell out of it. Life ain't gonna go crazy if I back off and forget all about this mess HA ugh

SO VERN CALLED CRAZY SARAH, Mil's Sis who owns 1/2 the property. Dennis again said call her, he is out...bleck......so she called and started crying about the past. Her and Rachel didn't do what 'they promised their Momma' about how they would handle that property.....????HUH? hell with it? Who knows that back story and cares? not any of us truly. Only 2.5 acres and unlivable small singlewide trailer. Hubby talked to realty lady and said cash deal only on sale cause no bank will loan on this sale with that trailer on it...ugh...

so hubby with Sarah getting weirdo on the phone starts to get nasty. I had to shut him down a bit. He couldn't handle the crazy emotional chat all over the place she was sprewing. OMG I could see the hackles rising and later when done with the talk, he said, no wonder Dennis can't stand her! oh boy, alot of men have no patience do they LOL but hey, he was gonna go after her, I could hear it in his voice and I thought, damn he needs to chill a bit lol. He said her options are sell it all, we split the sale, done. Or she can buy us out and own the property herself outright and we all move on. She didn't get it in a way?? She wanted to keep the sentiment over this useless property hanging around for 50 friggin' yrs for what? she is like I don't wanna sell and hubby sales value on property is only land cost so realtor said like 25k an acre. List around 50k-55k and hope for cash buyer!! ugh......so hubby told Sarah he will discount if she wants to buy our 1/2 and be done. Sell it to her for 40k and she pony's up 20k and sale done if she wants it that bad. get out from under the dual owernship mess. She hemmed and hawed............so she asked for a week to think.

then she shows up at my house! She was apologizing to the Chop for who knows why?? he started to freak cause she was all over him He couldn't take it HAHA

Are you made at me? Don't hate me! Me and your momma had agreements in place and over and over. Then she tried to give hin 50 bucks to cover the mowing over the last 10 yrs he been mowing it LOL come on.....heehee.....but they made peace, she is thinking but hubby said this sale come hell or highwater is going down fast now and we will drag her happy azz along and cement it in. He wants this off himself now and so does Dennis. OK I get it. it was wild tho lol

so not over yet, see what goes down thru the crazy still.

ok enough wild chat.....lets see what this day holds, I think I need to run away now
  #395   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-24, 06:19

BF:

TRIG- OMG the Clampets...... in spades! Priceless. LOLOLOLOLOL You just CAN'T make this sh!t up! LOLOL I was in awe reading that post. It is everything movies are made of.

Now the hoarder house- I am shocked you even stepped foot in there! I would not go there either. Can't/ won't. Totally get you on letting the Chop handle it. Just let it go. He knew that someday he would have to deal with it. So let him.
That mold and rat dust is so not breathable. URGHHHHHHHHH
I hope he "thinks about it" and agrees to have it cleaned out. He doesn't need to breathe that either.
Unbelievable the way some people live. I have seen that firsthand with some of my patients I have seen when I was doing community nursing. I couldn't do it either!

On the property- Best to sell it and move on. Agreed. Sounds like "crazy lady" needs a reality check, but you can't reason with crazy. Truly Clampet. Dang..........

Hoping you take today and rest. Make some bacon to get "that smell" out of your nose!

Lori- love a good massage! Enjoy your day! Sometimes the putter days are the best.
You know you are SO right about the reports being due! HAHA you read my rants! LOLOLOL

Nic- I know you are a happy tired! Can't wait for the update!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Back later when I have a good minute. This week has been CRAZY busy!

I went downtown last night to listen to music on the square. It was ok.

I got my meat box yesterday- I was unimpressed. The dollar doesn't go as far anymore! I will see if the grass-fed meat tastes any better.

Back in a bit!
  #396   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-24, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning!

A little chilly this morning....wish it was warmer for golf, but it is what it is. We'll only get into the 50's for the next couple days. Maybe low 60's if the sun ever comes out again! Sigh.....

---------

Trig.....Thinking about you and all you're dealing with. The hoarder house and crazy relatives....what a combo! Things will work out, but it won't be easy I'm sure.

Jaz.....Enjoy your weekend after your hectic week! I'll bet you're not driving very far for the next couple days. You spent enough time in the car this week for work!

Nic.....Wondering how things are going? A big adjustment(and joy) for the whole family.

---------

Well, I have a bit over an hour to pull myself together. I'm not moving very fast this morning.
  #397   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-24, 08:31

BF:

Going to Costco- be back when I get back!

HA

HAPPY SATURDAY!
  #398   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-24, 09:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quick hello from me-

Trig- I know well the type of house situation, as you know. I've been through that rodeo a few times and it is not an easy thing. My first (and more or less only) panic attack happened in a home like that. I am very happily done with that but it was a 30 year nightmare, so I have absolute sympathy.

Jaz- glad your trip was good and you are back safely, doing your thing. Enjoy Costco- on a Saturday no less! Yikes!

Lori- I know the warm weather was a lovely temptation but we are not quite done with chilly yet. Today is gorgeous here though so hopefully you are getting some of that.

Busy as you can imagine. C and E came in last night and T comes in today. K and B are discharged today. Lots going on- I'll be doing an overnighter tonight- reality has hit! lol

any details will be in email
  #399   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-24, 12:18

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Whew I made it back from Costco! I now need a second job! Geeze the prices of stuff. I was putting stuff in my cart, then taking it out. Do I REALLY need this or can I scoot without, will I think about XYZ item later?????- DAM 277.00 later.....
That being said I have pounds and pounds of steak, chicken, pork, bacon, ground chuck, and paper goods. I am STOCKED for a GOOD minute.
My splurge was a pair of linin shorts and 2 bottles of wine.
Holy moly the strip steaks are 1.5 inches thick! YES and YES.
I spent some time breaking down the meat and wrapping it in single servings and putting them in bags and then the freezer. I just have a package of salmon left to divide into 4th wrap and freeze.
I also bought those Telton Grass fed 100% beef hotdogs. 18.00- but pretty pure for hotdogs.

Have any of you put pork tenderloin in the air fryer? OMG frekin amazing. Either I nailed the cooking time (for once) or I am starving! LOLOLOL

Nic- I am thinking of you and family this weekend! I know your heart is just full! Congrats again. Milestones and reasons to celebrate.

Trig
- Girl, speaking of family........... I think it was SO WISE to take a step back and just let the CHOP handle it all.

Are you good with "that smell"? I know when one gets a nasty smell like that it is so hard to STOP smelling it even after it is truly gone. That why I said to replace it with bacon! Trust me as a nurse we know ALL the tricks with that! I used to carry a small vial of peppermint oil in my purse for "such occasions".

You mowing today? Rain coming tomorrow! When is DD coming home for summer? You thinking about your pool yet? They are getting those ready around here now. SUMMER IS HERE!

Lori-
How was your day? How is that knee doing for ya? How did that massage go? When is your next trip? Upcoming?
I am amazed you really took JAZ advice to travel you deserve it!
-------------------------------------

I have a few extra work hours to put in this weekend sometime! Urghhhhhhh. I was sorta feeling punk yesterday and just stopped working at noon. If I don't get my "billable hours" in I am dinged. Add that to I will be so far behind. I am already behind. I am ready for that "fun retirement job". Zero responsibility. "Fun money". Not there yet!

I feel way better today- my allergies have been rough this week! Lots of pollen.

Aside from pollen and work...... (right???)....... I am feeling pretty good. I am really doing what I can for selfcare, sleep, and just being settled. Its good.

WOE- pretty on track and feel amazing. I wish the scale would move. It will. The more I just settle, and "nest" it will come. Stress causes inflammation with cortisol- less of that will take me down a bit weight wise.

Nothing else shaking here. I decided to take a low-key weekend. I have been busy every weekend for the last several weeks and just wanted to give myself some rest.

Love my new shorts- they are the stretchy and breathable kind with an oversize shirt- yup- my wardrobe at home.

Rock on- need to fold clothes and chill. My spiced rum and Pelligrino is making me sleepy......... LOLOL I forgot I had it until my mom mentioned rum. I was like oh yea....... Opened it a bit ago............ Or maybe a SLOW walk with the pup.

......... and summer can commence.........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Apr-20-24 at 12:38.
  #400   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-24, 03:31

BF:

Lori, hope you can keep getting in your golf. we got rain going down today, boo but at least it dampens down the heavy pollen out of the air.

Nicco, ahhhhh, reality hit but what a darn great reality lol
oh yea if you experienced to same level, I feel for ya with a panic attack, I so get it. I was darn near there too, I understand completely on that. You got a great new focus, enjoy all that time now, you guys waited long enough!!

Jazz, so get ya on bills. grocery store is insanity. I had so many bills increase alot I am shocked how much more life costs now. Scary actually. Like I am near friggin' old, the damn inflate the prices couldn't wait, wait, another 20 yrs before it hit. lol. oh well, we pay we pay right

we got rain today so it should damper out that pollen. I mowed house area and hubby mowed pasture areas but I had literal tons of tears streaming from my eyes. He motored over and wanted me to open the pasture gate and saw me and said wth? I said I ain't cryin' lol I am tearing as usual from allergy. So crazy

yea don't worry on scale at all. you will continue to change on zc even if that scale doesn't move for sure. hold strong

The Clampets.....so agree.....haha.....I mean I even say we are not fit for public display. Told the Chop we musta not lived right in a past life HA

--------------so I went to MILs on 'my limited' stuff I will do and he said fine, I was amazed how much he got done. I have to say Vern is one of THE hardest workers on the planet. So I volunteered to clean out the 2 closets in the bathroom knowing I would only handle towels, hair curlers by the gazillion, sheets and other easy stuff. get this, 9 black garbage bags later, yea 9 for 2 not that big closets...unreal how she had it crammed in there but I got it done fast and said bye bye.

that dumpster is now full. can't jam in one more thing.

so he is getting that one picked up, taking a week off on ordering another but since today is rain we are gonna go over there and work only like 2 hrs and bag stuff and just leave it bagged til we get another dumpster.

believe me tho I am absolutely controlling how much of this I can take but the Chop, I feel sorry for him, but also wanna punch his lights out for not hiring a crew, but will 'tip toe' my way around all this best I can right now, but in the end I come first so if I get freaked again lol.....gawd

ok off to get things handled around here.
  #401   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-24, 03:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Gabby thought 5AM was a good time to get up, so here I am. She started prancing around the foot of the bed as a signal to me. Bless her! I drank a wee bit too much yesterday at golf and could have used a bit of a lie in, but she wasn't having it!

Yesterday turned out to be really nice. After our round we had a little birthday party for one of the guys. He is the little fella that I play couple's tournaments with.....85 years old! His daughter baked some pies and the bartender baked a cake. Most of the guys stayed around and it was a fun time. Too much beer....OY! My foursome played a little competition in our round and I ended up winning. It is a card game based on how many putts it takes you to get in the hole. You get 2 cards for a 1 putt, 1 card for a 2 putt and 0 cards for a 3 putt. One of the gals keeps track of it and when we go in to the bar afterwards, she deals out cards. We ante $3 for the front nine and $3 for the back nine and $1 for every 3 putt we have. I ended up winning both hands! $30....big time, right? It wasn't that I played that well, I just got dealt good hands. I had a flush the 1st hand and a full house the 2nd hand. Since I won both hands, I bought a round of drinks for my foursome. Good fun....especially when you win!

Jaz.....my 1st solo cruise is November 1st! I will fly to Ft. Lauderdale the day before and board the ship the next morning. It is a 9 day trip and goes to Aruba, Curacao & Bonaire. It's going to be awesome! I got a phone call from my travel agent yesterday afternoon to tell me that the price had gone down $300 and she was going to redo the booking. Score! She called while we were in the car, so DH heard the conversation. Good thing I had told him about it! The BIG trip is February 1st next year.....I'll fly to London and go to Southampton to stay the night before. Then board the ship which stops in France, Spain, Portugal & the Azores before heading across the Atlantic to Miami. I can only imagine how much weight I'll gain on that trip! Yikes!

My knee has been better the last couple weeks. Between the injection and the 10 days of Meloxican, it really took out the inflammation. I did a lot of walking yesterday and it started to get a little painful toward the end of the round. I go to the Dr. on Tuesday to see what he says about the MRI. I'm not in a hurry to have any kind of procedure as long as it stays like it is now.

OMG......so much rambling about me this morning! I'll have to bundle up this morning for golf as it's only 33 degrees. My friend is bringing some kind of drink concoction today.....Mango something or other. I suppose the Vodka will help keep us warm.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Apr-21-24 at 03:55.
  #402   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-24, 07:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori-
You high end gambler you! WHOOT on the 30.00 win and splurge for drinks!
Happy to hear the knee is doing well for you. Somehow, I missed you got an injection. YAY those usually do help!
I hear ya on too much beer- LOLOLOL

You had me rolling with the call from your agent with hubby in the car! Score on the 300.00 down in price!

OMG you would not get me on a field or course in 30 degrees regardless of how much booze is offered! HAHAHAHAH- Enjoy.

Trig- I am so shocked you agreed to go back to the den of clutter. WOW. Glad you are taking a week off. Filled a dumpster?!?!? I am not surprised. I hear ya on hubby not willing to have a crew come in. MEH- do what you are willing and walk away from the rest!!

Yup we are socked into the rain today! Glad you got that field cut! That sucks you are so affected by the grass! URGHHHHH. You deserve to chill a few days now!

I am thinking next yard you get will have sand and shells! LOL

Do you use an air fryer? I use my new one for EVERYTHING. I am super happy with it. It is perfect for us meat lovers.

I am so onboard with my meat-based life. It feels good, doesn't it?

Nic- I am so happy for you. Post up when you get some rest.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to rain today. Just drained my last cup of coffee. I need to put in several hour for "The Man", today. Dread.
Going to buy 1 lotto ticket today! LOLOLOL
Going to also browse the job boards.

Gotta run to the dog store for treats for my pooch. It's the only place that sells the salmon skins I buy for him.

Other than that- I will putter after all that.

T-bone in the airfryer- soft fried egg on top. Delightful!

Gotta run..........

Have a good one!
  #403   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-24, 04:46

BF:

Good Monday Morning

Last full week of April. I swear I do not know where times goes. It is more than flying by!

So, I was last to post and first this morning! LOLOLOL Lori/ Trig you must be sleeping in! LOLOL
Nic- Looking to hear from ya soon!

I worked 5 hours yesterday and was ready to relax afterwards. I didn't do much, but putter yesterday.
I did make it to the doggie store for treats. That was about it!

I am already spinning a load of blankets and sheets this morning to get that out of the way! Love the smell of fresh blankets!

Full day on tap. All week actually It is not slowing down. They just keep adding more and more to my plate. Unsustainable really.
I am thinking I would like one of those watches that counts your steps. Not ready to pull the trigger on an apple watch $$$$ Cha Ching- But the last two I have tried were JUNK!
Do any on you have suggestions? Garmin?!?!? I need to move more!

Well...... Nothing much else. Both kids have softball/baseball tomorrow 530 afternoon. Still sleepy this morning- need more coffee.

Somebody post! LOLOLOLOLOL

Back at ya later
  #404   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-24, 07:02

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm here, I'm here! No....I did not sleep in. I woke up at 3:30 and finally just got up at 4. Gabby knew I was awake, so she was restless too. I took a little nap around 7AM....still sleepy. We have moved our tee time to Noon today after freezing our a$$e$ off yesterday. It got colder as the day went on. Not fun. After golf I have a Chiro appt. and then tomorrow morning I have an Ortho Dr. follow up. Busy week!

So happy to see the sun this morning! We didn't see a hint of it yesterday. DH said there was frost on our cars this morning.....come on already! I'm ready for it to be so hot that I can't sleep! I'm tired of being cold.

That's about it from here. I have golf scheduled for every day, but may take off on Wednesday.

Have a good week!
  #405   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-24, 08:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning!

I got a good night's sleep last night so I am feeling up and ready to go today. Yay! I have a list of things I am doing/plan to do- all good things.

Lori glad you are out and getting to play golf. Lovely weather for it! I hope your appts go well this week! Glad your knee is doing better. Sounds like you have a lot of fun with your golfing friend group.
Hey, can you text me your ship/itinerary for your aboard cruise next Feb? It sounds amazing.

Jaz your job is sounding challenging. I'm glad you had a trip recently though and the kids and family are all doing well.

Trig, I'm glad you helped Chop out a little in the way that you were able and willing to do so. It's a huge job to be sure and having a family member who behaves that way carries a LOT of complex emotions that go with it, and it can feel very isolating and lonely to deal with. I'm sure he appreciated very much what you did.

----

I got some sleep last night and I feel like a new woman! Going to try to tackle the to-do list this morning, visit DD later with La Bebe, get some cleaning done and get a walk in. Full day!

The boys and DIL were all in this weekend and La Bebe was passed around and loved on. Super sweet!