Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 15:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/151/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Tae-bo disciple

Can you start an exercise log before you have actually exercised? I am starting today, but I haven't yet. I know myself and I am more likely to get on it and stay consistent if I have somewhere to report my progress - like this journal. So I am starting my journal now so I will have no excuses later.
A bit of history - After my first two children I found myself at 185 lbs. Yikes. Anyway, you name the diet and the exercise video, I tried it. From Richard Simmons to some weird pill I can't even remember the name of. We've all been there. Anyway, I saw Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo commercial and I just knew - that is what I can do, that is what will work for me. And I ordered it and it was exactly what I needed. I got down to 140lbs. Happy day!
I got pregnant with our third child and of course the weight went up. Sweet baby born last March. Promised myself I would start the tapes again as soon as the little man started letting mommy sleep through the night. He finally is doing that so here I go.
I have been on Atkins since October and I have lost some weight, but I know I cannot get these last few lbs. off without getting active. So here I go. Good luck to all and to me. Let's get there together.
Hugs, Tama
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 21:23

BF:
Thumbs up hurts so good!

Haven't even jumped in the shower yet. Sweaty and very proud of myself! After the babies went to bed, out came the Tae-Bo tapes. I didn't want to over-do, so I got out the Beginner tape, but I was dragging. So I got out the Advanced tape. I thought, I'll just do half of it or something. I did the entire hour! There were points where I just walked in place, to catch my breath. I am nowhere near the shape I used to be in. But I made it through and I am feeling so good! I even got through the butt workout at the end. It is the best toning workout I have ever seen and it works! Anyway, I started remembering my old tricks to get through the workout, like having two huge water bottles close by and turning the ceiling fan on high. I feel like I am back on track!
Good luck to all, Tama
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 12:34

Stats: 190/178.2/140
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking P-P-P-Push Yourself

P-P-P-Push Yourself, P-P-P-Push Yourself!!!!!

Argggggggggggggh, I get so tired of hearing that. But, like you, Tae Bo is about the only exercise that I seem to do faithfully, once I start it.

I've only been doing LCing since 11/27 and I haven't really gotten back into the swing of facing Billy Banks like I should. I'm walking and starting to lift a little, but Billy will definitely be my aerobics instructor .

I guess I should start a gym log, but hmmmmmmmmmm, that would mean commitment. I'd better think about that one
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

Hi I do tae bo 3 times a week and yoga 3 times a week and i just love Billy....he really makes you work...and he's so friendly...i'm ready to get his new set of tapes
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 22:29

BF:
Default hurts so good!

I did the tae-bo again tonight after the sweeties were in bed. Love it! I am really sore from yesterday, so I did 45 min. of the tape. Couldn't take the burn at the end, I pooped out. I am remembering why I love this workout so much! I don't know why I convinced myself that it would be some huge undertaking to start exercising again, I really do enjoy Billy and tae-bo. Motivation, he is my motivation. Kinda corny to some people, but hey, whatever gets me moving! I am so sore, but I am sore in all of the places I need work, like the butt area, my abs and hips. I get the workout that my body really needs. Anyway, I feel like I am settling back into my groove. Good luck to all my fellow tae-bo people! "Walk by faith not by sight" - Billy
Hugs, Tama
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 16:14

BF:
Angry foiled!

Ahh! Sick babies! My kids have ear infections. The older ones aren't too bad, but my 9month old is so miserable! Has to be held day and night. Anyway, this is wreaking havoc on my exercise plans! Oh well, some things are more important. He is feeling better today, sleeping more, so I am planning on a good hard workout tonight. I am really looking forward to it. My body missed being active for so long. I just didn't know it until I started working out again. Happy holidays everybody!
Tama
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 12:03

BF:
Smile

Yes! Got back in the groove last night. Did the entire hour of the advanced tape. It is getting easier to move every time and this morning I am not so sore. Feels great! Hanging in there!
Hugs, Tama
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-01, 12:05

BF:

I am settling into a regular exercise schedule. Didn't work out Christmas eve, too many toys to put together, but I did last night. Feel great! I wonder if I should just keep this log in my regular journal. It seems like I am just re-writing the same stuff in both places.
Tama
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 11:30
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Your Awesome

Tama:

Your my inspiration. I really am getting pumped on the Tae-Bo. I have only done it once and I didn't make it all the way through, then the holidays came and you know, busy and things got in the way, but I'm really going to start it tomorrow, promise.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-01, 19:26

BF:

Hey, Sunshine! Good luck on getting in the groove with Billy. Are you using the beginner tape? Let me know how it goes.
I have just finished my hour with Billy B. and I feel great, as usual. Good thing I am doing this, because my will power is still way down. I am trying so hard to get a grip! Don't know what my problem is. Thank goodness for the workout, though, or I think I would have just felt so guilty that giving up would be inevitable. Anyway, good luck all and I WILL do better tomorrow!
Hugs, Tama
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 11:08

BF:

Didn't work out last night, recovering from the previous evening's workout. I learned a hard lesson. I haven't been eating as well as I should and I worked myself extra hard, out of guilt, I think. Anyway, anyone who's done it can tell you that an intense hour with Billy and a stomach full of heavy food is not a good combo. Made myself sick, spent last night licking my wounds. Anyway, will get back in the saddle tonight. Still pretty sore from the workout, but not so bad that I am immobile. Feels good. I know its working that way. Keep it up everybody!
Tama
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-01, 21:43

BF:

Just finished an hour with Billy B. Feel soooo good! Love this workout. I jiggle like a jell-o mold through the whole thing, but that is just more motivation for me to push myself harder. Doing so much better with the eating as well. Gonna get there!
Hugs to all, Tama
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-01, 13:38

BF:

No workout on Sunday. Looking forward to this evening with Billy. No change in the bod, really. But I've just started. I can tell I am getting stronger, getting better at moving during the workout. So, it's just a matter of time. Trying to be patient. The hubby says he can tell a difference, but I think he's just trying to keep me motivated. (Not a bad thing) He loves that I work out.
Hang in there, everybody!
Tama
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 13:30

BF:

Had an excellent workout last night. Starting to feel muscles in my legs working that I haven't been aware of in a long time. Doing better on the water all the time. Sure makes a difference in how much I perspire during exercise! Happy New Year everybody!!
Tama
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:24

BF:

My computer was down yesterday.
I did the hour with Billy B. again last night. It was great, as usual. Starting to feel like a broken record in here. I just do my hour over and over again. The hubby suggested I buy more tae-bo tapes to give myself more variety. But I really like the one I have. I feel like it is exactly what I need, with the extra butt and leg toning at the end. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", as my dad loves to say. I guess if I start to get bored, I can always get some more. No sign of that yet!
Take care all, Tama