Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 08:19

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy birthday my dear Trig!! Sounds like you have a low key day planned. I LOVE what you asked for - getting your car detailed. What a great idea!

What a cool heritage you have! Lithuanian! I don't know that I have met anyone with that background before. Do you have any desire to go there at all, and see it? or Newfoundland? You *really* should watch "Come From Away" - a great musical based on the true story of planes on 9/11 that were forced to land in Gander, Newfoundland and how the tiny town embraced them all, and the relationships that developed there. So, so good!

Jaz- yes food is crazy expensive. I actually really feel for those who are financially strapped. And young families. DH and I only have ourselves to feed now and I am glad for that!

Dog nails- I am thinking of ordering a nail grinder. The vet tech I went to here used one and it did a great job on them. They also charged 25 bucks per dog which IMO is a TON of money for a nail clipping!

Lori, I will be on pins and needles to hear about the meeting with the Dr about Betty's house! SPILL THE TEA!

Please take this in the way it is intended but I wish your sister would stand up a bit to her daughter. The tail is wagging the dog a bit there! I hope her daughter does at least as much for your sister as your sister does for her!

•••••••••

Spoke with my Mom yesterday and she sounded like she was doing pretty well. She is going back 'home' to her husband's house on Wednesday and then home health is supposed to come in for a while. I wonder if anything will be said about the clutter/condition of the home. Doubtful because that part isn't really their job.

I asked about her blood sugar and she said they check it four times a day, and that it ranges from 103, which is fantastic, to the mid 200s. I asked if they have her on a diabetic food plan and she wasn't sure, but she is having things like oatmeal and some pasta or toast, so who knows. That is definitely better than it had been when she went in though. Of course, she is likely to return to how she was eating before in short order.

Played pickleball again yesterday and had a blast. It really is fun. I think I won all my games again, also, but several were very, very close. Between the pickleball and dog walks, I got over 13K steps yesterday. Good stuff!

It's cold today though and I swear these people are nuts! I got a text this morning about Varsity pb at 11- it is not even in the 40s and the high is supposed to be 44 today! I had on a hat, coat and gloves to go to the dog park this morning and my cheeks were freezing! They can have at it- if something comes up in the afternoon, then maybe...

A former Doula client texted me yesterday evening and she is expecting Baby Number 2 in late July or early August and asked me to do some Doula work for them. I'm happy and excited for them and happy to help, but my first thought was to be slightly bummed bc that is peak summer! They didn't use me a whole bunch last time though, unlike the other family which was a good 20 hours a week, so it shouldn't interfere too, too badly. And I will be more than happy to hold a little newborn again! It will have been a good long while by then!

Today I am going to run some errands and try to get some organization going around Xmas. I currently have stuff in BOTH places and none of it wrapped, which is usually not the case at all. It's bugging the crap out of me. Next year I will have a better system in place! So I'm going to get gift wrap and wrap what is here, organize some stocking stuff. I have a couple of things to wrap and mail also. Ugh, the rest of the stuff to be mailed is back at the MD house so I will have to go to the post office in mid December to mail packages, which I hate to do!

But really, all is good and I am living a very happy life right now! No real complaints!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 08:24

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIGS DAYBIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!! 60
HEY GIRLIE HAVE A AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT 60

Do something extra- go buy some crab and treat yourself to surf and turf your way!!!!!!!!! - JAZ says take the day off and enjoy yourself!!!!! 60HEHEHEEHHE
You can get the senior discount now at the grocery?????? HAHAHAH

Lori- Wowsa on your sis and her DD wanting her to babysit the DOG???????? Nothing wrong with pooches. But dang- Beck and call would NOT work for me. That is a fear of mine if I moved closer to the grandkids. - Glorified babysitter. No thank you.

Yup- I take vacays all the time by myself. IF IF IF - would hubby go?

Are you feeling better?

NIC- I see you popped in! What's up in DE?!?!?!?!? updates!
------------------------------------------------------------------
I hit up the beach yesterday. The water was high and the rip currents rough. I did not even go near the water- walked along it.

Took pup who wanted to just eat sand and oyster shells which I had to pluck from his clenched mouth! I was exhausted after all that!

Hit up the grocery store. 165 dollars for JUST ME! Oh man I really feel the $$$ in everything. Steak and high end fish is outta sight.

So Lavish Bread has come out with Pita pockets for about 4 carbs. I made fish taco with them and was so happy and LOVED my meal. I finished it off later with Chia "pudding". Lost a gained back pound.

I discovered Chia seeds. Super food really and subtract the fiber pretty LC/Low Calorie. Packed with vitamins and magnesium. Awesome for weight loss. I do not add sugar. I just put a spoonful of seeds into a 1/2 glass of unsweetened almond milk and it was pretty good. Yes it could have used a bit of fruit or honey but I am not a sweet tooth so it did not bother me.

Eating so fresh and hopefully the weight loss is ready to stop bouncing and do another drop. I gained 4 from the 24 lost. Down one of the 4. So here I go fingers crossed. Ready for another 10 down.

Today is left over fish, chicken, kale salad, chia "pudding". All fresh and great.

Goal- get in a few applications. Not having much luck. But I guess it would help if I got serious about looking. ROFL !!!!!!!

Back Later!!!!!!!!

EDITED: Cross Posted with NIC- - off to read your post!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 09:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

THANK YOU A TON GUYS!!!!!

yea even my mom said 60 is a milestone and I said, yea I am super glad I AM ALIVE to live it LOL but other than that, eh

but thanks for the well wishes!!

Lori, yea the covid variants are a pain but I truly believe at this point...nothing in media and ALL the hype but damn if it isn't still a factor out there and that is a weighty decision on all of us to go all in or be smarter while traveling and all.

I never changed my life truly during any covid crap. But what the world did changed my plans LOL but in the end, go for it!!!! You are a healthy individual who is strong so that gives alot of plus and at some point, damn even I think, when I travel, will I go down? if I do I do but I won't not live my life ya know...but obvy smarts come into play thru it all and that is ALL we can ever do

just how I see it for us here.

Jazz alot of dogs are mouthy and swallow way too much but with age that should change

Chia seed. I wouldn't touch that crap for all the tea in china but if ya wanna enjoy I get it. I am just saying a chia seed ain't gonna be the real nutrition the body desires and we know that SUPER COOL if you feel it helps but in the end, the body requires NO fiber for life support which is MY personal ZC science and based on real science, but if this floats your boat for a controlled good Keto type plan to eat and you thrive, go for it!!!!!!!

but I had to say my no way against that stuff HAHA big mouth me LOL

Nicco what is doing? all good? I am sure it is!!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-21, 09:18

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz....My sister dog sits for her daughter's 2 dogs nearly EVERY day. She has to be there by the time my niece leaves for work and then stays until either her daughter or her husband get home. Heaven forbid that the dogs could be in their crates for a couple hours. She is usually off on Thursday and Friday. Speak of the devil.....DSis just called me to confirm her visit this month. She's going to come on 12/29 and go home on 1/2. She said she got some real attitude from her daughter about it....I hate that she makes DSis feel guilty about taking some time for herself. I'd like to slap my niece silly. She's such a spoiled brat....and my sister is the first to admit that. An only child that has always had everything she wants. Anyway....enough of that.

Nic.....You are the PB champ! Oh yeah....going to the post office mid-December will not be fun.

Trig....Hope you're having a good birthday doing just what you want to do!

-------

Gabby has not left my lap all morning. I get up to make coffee and as soon as I'm sitting again...she's back.

Be good all!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 05:54

BF:

Lori, too bad about dog sitting taking up your Sis's entire life....to me that is a bit over the top truly LOL I know my happy azz wouldn't be doing it but it is real nice tho for the doggies I bet You know they do love it but to give her attitude...geez. That is just crazy. But your Sis can handle it I am sure. But yea that brat attitude is a little much on her demands on your Sis. But crazy stuff goes down for sure for all of us and we just do what we wanna do to get thru our days.

--------waiting on Nicco and Jazz to update

taking mom home this morning
then bro Gregg stays a bit, then bro Rich flies down and visits then I get her for Xmas and a longer visit, at least 3 wks to a month to give G a break. Mentally he is fried but I still think mom doesn't need nusring home just yet....sooner than later but not yet. Me and G will still cover each other so that is good.

My hubby said what ya want for Xmas. I said a bunch of that old metal from farm times etc that is under the red carport I want gone....been there like 2 yrs, TIME to friggin' go and he said OK HAHA yea my presents are fantastic aren't they

ok gotta move, chat later
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 08:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Another lazy day. I made 6 qts of chili yesterday(delish) and put a big container in the freezer. I have a big container in the fridge too for eating on all week. I could eat it every day and not tire of it. I'm planning leftover pizza and chicken tenders for DH for dinner tonight, but our timing is screwed up since he has a dentist appt. at 5. Right at our usual dinner time. He may eat early and then I'll go get Betty dinner since he won't be finished at the dentist till after 6. We'll figure something out. First world problems, you know?

Trig.....what an awesome Xmas gift request! I may use it! Just clean up one of the piles of crap and we'll call it good! My DH is the King of piles of crap.

Sounds like you have a good plan in place for Mom. I'm so glad you have your brothers to help too.

Jaz & Nic.....What's up?

-------

Nothing else to report from here. Have good days!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 08:35

BF:

Good Morning!!!!!!!

Rough night with sleep. I had to pee 3 times! Then I had to turn on a light to go get water and ...and...and...... toss turn.
I rarely have to get up that often if at all. Not a nightly issue thankfully.

Lori- My mouth hit the floor reading the post from you. Holy cow on your sister and her daughter!!!!!!!! What drama. I get it though. Trust me coming from a family of mothers, daughters, grandkids- what family doesn't have some sort of muck ya know?!?!?

The thing is at some point your sister is going to get pisst that her life revolves around babysitting a dog. (Like I have room to talk!) HAHAHAH- But seriously.......... Best thing is to support her. I know when I have tried to intervene in crazy crap it always backfires. So I just don't. It is hard to watch though. I am there with ya on that.

You still have snow up there? Did you ever get your water proof golf shoes? That would make for an excellent Santa gift!!!!!
Did you do any decorating this year?

Nic- I just loved your post! Read it twice! I am SO SO SO very happy for you. I just knew this would play out like this. Enjoy every minute of this happy life! These are the times memories are made.
THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!

TRIG- - Your Christmas gift cracked me up! Asking a MAN to get it done......
Speaking of gifts- is kiddo done?

Nice you have a plan now in place for your mom. Is she happy? Are you all waiting a bit to sell her house? So much to think about for sure. But the good news.....Nothing needs to happen RIGHT NOW!!!
Enjoy your holidays and mom at home while you can. Time is short for all of us. It amazes me just how fast time flies.
Especially when you think about music. I listen to something on the radio and think- wow that song is like 50 years old! Crazy fast!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am going to see the kids/grandkids/ and stop on actual Christmas Day at my mom's and then back here on 27th.

I have done NO shopping yet. I actually went to a couple stores looking for a stainless steel wok and could not find one. My DD is "opposed" to non-stick.
Today is an Amazon day for me. - GET it done!

Beautiful here again. Went to the beach yesterday and spent a good long walk. took pooch off leash and he ran like a wild man and then plopped in the sand and slept the entire way home. Wonderful day!

todays goals:
Walk 30 minutes
2 hours work related.
Write a bit
Start and finish Christmas stuff/gifts....... urghhhhh

Menu: turkey patties/ Steamed broccoli/ or Salmon and veggies.

Have a wonderful day!

EDITED: - Lori- How do you make your Chili????????
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 09:04

BF:

Jaz......Just a warning...my Chili is not low carb. I make it to suit DH. I saute some chopped peppers(green & red), onions & garlic. Then I put in ground beef. Once that is brown, I start dumping.....cans of crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes etc. Sometimes I add tomato sauce too. I just fill up the pot with tomato products. As far as spices, I add chili powder,cumin, some sweet & spicy seasoning that I love, salt, pepper, cayenne, red pepper flakes, sugar/cinnamon. I do all that to taste...no measuring. I then add kidney beans...the more beans the better for DH. The beans don't cause my insulin to spike, so I can eat it without too much "damage". I have a pretty good taster and can tell if it needs salt or more spice or whatever. It turned out really yummy. Easy!

My sister puts up with the dog sitting because her daughter would be really vindictive if she said she wouldn't do it. She tried putting her foot down a bit and she got the "Fine! We won't bother you again....you don't have to do anything for us!" Sigh.......When DSis told her daughter that she was coming to our house and would be here over New Year's. Her daughter said "Let me get this straight....you are not going to be here for New Year's dinner?" Sis said "Nope.....I'll be having that at Lori's" Go Sis!! It is all a control thing with my niece. She likes telling my Sis what she'll do and when she'll do it. Like I said....BRAT!

Ok....enough of my ranting. It is DSis's life and she does what she has to to keep the peace....most of the time!

Later!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 10:27

BF:

Lori- Your chili sounds just like mine. I do put in a can of either red or pinto. I look at it this way one can spread out over many meals is not a carb killer!
Also- cinnamon, the secrete my grandmother did! I don't add the brown sugar though. I do however squeeze 1/4 lime when served to cut the acid of tomato without the sugar!

You have me wanting chili now. You are right, it freezes so well!!!

Family....sigh. Yeah we all do when needs to happen to keep peace at times!
--------------------------------------------------
So I have been SWEATING horrible since I have moved in here. This condo. I took up sheets today and boom- plastic covering the mattress. Plastic on the pillows. I took them off and will put them on before I go. I can't and won't sleep on plastic.
I get why owners do it. I would too. But I can't handle it.

Beautiful here for a few hours. Hope to get my laundry out and bed made before the storm rolls in this afternoon. Not even going to beach today. I need to buckle down and get productive!

Lator!!!!!
Might make chili!!!!! I have all the fixings!
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 10:44

BF:

Howdy, Ladies!

I keep looking to see what day it is today. I have lost all track of time! Apparently it is Hump Day, so happy Wednesday!

I'm planning on a nice Home Day today. It is gray and chilly and drizzly. I am just fine with a home day! I have had busy days lately with either pickleball or running errands- I spent about five hours our in the Rehoboth area yesterday. I've got plenty of food to eat and things to do around here. I bought some cheap gift wrap from a thrift store that I will use for the gifts I have here. I will start on my new Diamond Painting. I sorted the diamonds yesterday so I am ready to get going on that. I have some magazines to go through and then recycle, a book to read.. I am all about the cozy today!

I will say I am struggling with the WOE right now. A couple of days off and then a day of asswipe eating. Ugh. Annoyed with myself.

Lori- I have checked several times- did I miss a post about what happened with the meeting with the DR and his wife about Betty's house? Was an offer made or a price agreed upon?

Your niece really is a brat to be saying things like that to her Mom. She needs to grow up and realize that her Mom isn't there to serve her. That being said, Connie needs to say No more, as I'm sure you know. A love contingent on serving someone else is not a pure love. That being said, I can imagine as a grandparent that I would do almost anything not to be cut off from my grandkid. I know it is not so cut and dried.

BTW also while I'm running my mouth: 1) dogs do not need someone there all the time and 2) your niece shouldn't have gotten dogs if she felt like they did need someone all the time and she couldn't do it!

Trig- Love your approach of giving Gregg more time (it is two Gs, right? I've seen you type both but more often 2) so he can refill his cup. The three of you make such a good team for your Mom. I love to see siblings work so well together.

Jaz- Yeah, sleeping on plastic is HORRIBLE. I can't do it either. Just remember to put it back on!

Really glad you are going to see your Grands. That makes me so happy! When do you leave, how long are you gone?

Good to know that you can eat the lavash bread items and still lose doing so. I haven't tried but I'm eating other junk like an a-hole and that is clearly a good alternative! You should look at Briana Thomas' website. She has a lot of recipes you might be interested in.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 12:21

BF:

Nic......All your points about DSis and her daughter are spot on. I agree with all of them. If it were not for the granddaughter, my DSis would be living near me, but it is her only Grand and her daughter holds that over her head big time. Don't get me started on the dogs and my sister sitting there with them all day while they sleep. Plus, the granddaughter is big into swimming and has a lot of swim meets. DSis has to dog sit on weekends when there are swim meets too. Give me a break.

You didn't miss anything about Betty's house. The contractor, along with the Dr. & his wife, did another walk thru the whole place on Monday afternoon. Now we wait for an offer. After that, our lawyer will get involved and contracts will be drawn up. If it's not a fair offer, we will pursue listing it nationwide. The Dr. has first dibs. We'll see.

Just did my workout and now I'm back under my fuzzy blanket. Another ho hum day.
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-21, 16:07

BF:

Lori, that actually sort of makes me sad for you and for Connie. And mad too.

I'll be very interested to see if the Dr comes through with an offer or not! I have no idea why I feel so vested in this. I guess bc it just seems pretty perfect for Betty!

Enjoy your fuzzy blanket!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-21, 06:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early this morning....cold! I'm about to have another cup of coffee, but thought I'd pop in here first.

I'm not planning on doing much this morning. DH is going to work this morning for awhile and then he'll be home. I'll probably do my workout when he comes home and takes over the TV. He puts on his stupid sports shows and I go upstairs and do my thing. It's either that or sit here with my Bose headphones on. Oh my life.

Not sure what we'll do for dinner tonight. I'm thinking I might just go get a turkey & cheese sub and call it dinner. I don't feel like messing around cooking.

I'll pop back in later and check on you all. Boring day for me.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-21, 06:34

BF:

Lori that is ALOT of chili LOL

Yea too bad about Connie wanting to live more near you. In respect it isn't that far of a drive between you guys and if she lived there she could still easily go visit her DD and family, but I SO GET her wanting to keep that peace in the family, even if it is a brat she is dealing with Family dynamics are so weird sometimes, something some of us can't ever fathom happening in our lives, but in the end what your Sis wants to do is what she wants to do thru it all. It starts and ends with your Sis and her decisions so you gotta just let that stuff play out as it does
Weekend dog sit, sure, someone gotta feed them but that daily dog sit is truly crazy if ya ask me, but no one is asking so...haha, so I will be quiet now LOL

Sounds like winter is boring you without your fine golf games. Settle in, we got a long one coming at us...ugh...we are COLD down here now too!

Jaz, yea no plastic to sleep on. I hear ya there.

Sounds like you are doing good.....when you said 'work' that work time is trying to put out applications for online work right?
Anything interesting out there for ya to pull in some bucks?

Nicco.....OK NOW YOU....you know that schedule and home changes are giving you permission to eat more junky. Out of your normal routine and cementing in that new one of hitting up your other vacay home and all you gotta keep your lc ways best ya can. Don't go too far backward cause darn it, you were on fire doing so well. Take on another challenge, like your 30 day no sugar or something, you do so well on those smaller mini challenges.

Yea it is 2 gs for Gregg. I sometimes do one just cause it is easier to type 1---lol----but Greg is more short for Gregory and he is not a Gregory ever....he was named Gregg so.......that is like Tony. Everyone thinks he is an Anthony but he isn't, he was named Tony

Sounds like you are busy and got your days loaded. I know you are loving your new home, it was so pretty in the pics!!

------------SO NOTHING doing. Got mom home and all good.

That 'transport chair' I bought came. Damn, for $150 this thing is sweet. Kiddo loves it. Got in it and is back pushing herself all around the house HAHA She wants one now...ugh......but it is smaller, has all these breaks, feet rests that swivel and detach and it folds so small actually and is lightweight and I have to say, for a cheapy this thing is sweet. AND rolls so smooth it is great!!

Can't wait to get mom in it and hit up walmart.....walmart ugh but it is huge to wheel her butt around for some entertainment LOL

All good. Steak and shrimp first meal. Leftover and finish off last of brisket for second me.

Simple food. Keeping it very controlled on just simple stuff but loading up my belly good and doing well.

January I am focusing on weight loss. Which for me being ZC means a few 'lean meat days' only in my week. I am going for finishing off these last damn 20 lbs I want gone. So about 2 lbs per month IS ALL I want and I am fine with that. NEXT Jan. I want to say, at goal and done! So......that is my focus and I am planning on doing this loss very slow and easy. I 'won't be dieting like a crazy person and getting obsessed' like before. This will be slow but doable and something I can get done! Now I got a focus for me

All good here. COLD tho and not happy about that.

be good all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211209_083259_705.jpg (45.6 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Dec-09-21 at 07:39.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-21, 08:48

BF:

Trig......We have a transport chair just like that for Betty. It works great! I hope your Mom will enjoy toodling around WalMart and the Dollar Store. That'll be great for both of you. Funny that your DD wants one of her own.

When I said DSis sometimes has to weekend dog sit, I didn't mean that they are gone overnight. It is just for the day......just like a work day. Instead of being cozy at her apartment, she has to go sit at her DD's house with the dogs for the day. Once in a while wouldn't be bad, but day after day? That's asking a lot, IMO.

Great to have a goal/project for the new year. Mine is to maintain my weight and increase my upper body strength and balance. I enjoy working out with Pahla B videos. She works a lot on balance and has a whole series of body strength videos. My heaviest dumbbells are 10 lbs, but I would like a set of 12's. I have 3, 5, 8 & 10 lbs. I won't build big muscles with those little weights, but that's not my goal. Just want to tone up this flab.

Had a little nap and now I want more coffee. Have good days!