Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 00:56

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Head To Darrell Lea

Ohhhhhhh today I bought the YUMMIEST chocolate and lollies!

I bought from Darrell Lea at Australia Fair:

Macadamia nuts covered in sugar free chocolate (YUM YUM! less than 1g of carbs per piece)

Sugar Free Fruit Chews! (YUMMMMMMMMMMY less than 0.2g carbs per piece)

and wait for it....

ZERO CARB MILK CHOCOLATE!

Seriously...everyone head to Darrell Lea !!

And each pack was only $2.50 AUS each!!

Love Elle!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 01:07

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 209/167.2/130
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Perlege vs. Darrell Lea

Hi Elle

I've tried the Darrel Lea chocolate and wasn't that crazy about it. But I found a Belgium Dark Chocolate made by Perlege. It comes in a purple wrapper and I get them from David Jones food area but someone said you could find it at Coles as well. This chocolate I truly liked better then any others I tried - it was too die for!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 03:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/193/160
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Elle - have you checked the ...

Hidden carb counter? Link is on the red bar. You will find that they are actually more carb loaded than you think. They are still great for treats though!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 04:19

Stats: 154/138/115
BF:
Progress: 41%

Be careful of the chocolate bar, too much can give some of us gas and the 'runs'
Loraine
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 22:37
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 235/193/128
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Lindt 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate

Hi All

I buy two sorts of chocolate - Cadbury Lite - really low in carbs - and Lindt 70% cocoa dark choc. Both are really nice. PP mentions having minimum 60 or 70% cocoa choc in small quantities and counting the carbs and it is a great treat.

The Cadbury is milk choc and artificially sweetened.

Both are available at Woolworths/Safeway which also stocks low carb fruit, mint and caramel chews but I can't remember the brand name at present.

I will visit our local Darrell Lea and see if they stock the low carb ones. It isn't a "stand alone" store - it is part of a large newsagent so don't think they have the entire DL range stocked.

Thanks for the info

Gemma
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 05:35

Stats: 154/138/115
BF:
Progress: 41%

Does anyone have a carb count for the 70% dark choc by Lindt???
Loraine
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 17:12

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:

I saw that Lindt chocolate yesterday and I was wondering the very same thing...
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-02, 23:25
Registered Member

Stats: 179/170/135
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Tall, dark and low-carb?

Don't know about the carb count, but I can tell you it's so rich one piece is usually enough. I love this 70% stuff.

Just on the Darrell Lea low-carb/no-carb chocolate, I went into the Darrell Lea on George Street in Sydney a month or so back and enquired about this and the shop assistant sort of rolled her eyes like I was the umpteenth stupid person to ask for it and basically told me there was no such thing. Obviously she knew her product eally well, NOT!

Suffice to say Lindt is still getting my business.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 21:09

Plan: CKD
Stats: 211/190/180
BF:18%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%
Question

Question bout darrell lea's zero carb chocolate. I just bought some and thought it was awesome! However, does it affect ketosis or insulin at all? I read the pack and it did mention that about 20% of the calorie count was for lactitol and polydextrose which are claimed to have negligible effects on blood sugar! Is this true, cuz this stuff is so nice!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 17:16

Stats: 161/145/121
BF:
Progress: 40%
Question Darrel Lea Indulgence

I ate some of this on Friday. I have been doing induction for a week and a few days now. Last week I felt I had really kicked my suar craving. Since eating the chocolate it has been back in force. I am miserable this morning and could kill for a piece of toast with honey or jam! Could it be linked to the chocolate or is it just one of those things?
I thought the taste was awesome too. My friend warned my as she gave it to me that the taste was not supposed to be great. I was so suprised I got my non low carb family to try it. I won't be sharing it again!
Bek
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 197/187/165
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Lindt carbs

Could one of our clever friends analyse the content using that measuring programme whose name I have forgotten - Fitcarbs or something??
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 18:38
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi guys,

Um, sorry I'm not clever enough to help you with the carb count of the Lindt 70% chocolate.

You mean www.fitday.com . It is a great site, but Aussie stuff isn't usually on it. You have to have the info then you can use "custom foods." Unfortunately I can't find a breakdown for the Lindt choc anywhere. I have read in both Sugar Busters! and Eat Fat Get Thin that 60% or over is okay for low carbers, so I'm happy to cook with it occasionally. Unfortunately there's always a risk that, as happened with Heir, a sweet craving can be set up. Some poor souls even find that using any artificial sweeteners can send you crazy with sweet cravings!

Big Daddy, if you are still reading, lactitol is one of the sugar alcohols. They are supposed to not affect insulin levels and for many folk they don't. But from the forum here I can tell you that they do stall some people. It's very much a YMMV thing. There's a great article on sugar alcohols in "Low Carb Tips" on the orange bar at the top of the screen.

Cheers.

Roz
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 19:07
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 197/187/165
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default questions for Roz

Hi Roz,
Glad you're around today! I hate soy flour and am keen to know what else can be substituted. My husband is desperate for some muffins - have found some recipes but really want something else beside soy. How about oat?
What can we get to replace Atkins Bake mix?
Would love to hear some Aussie recipes - from people who do not have a VERY sweet tooth (just medium). Looking for muffins, biscuits, protein bars, snack type things mainly.

Have recipe for greaticecream - buy no fat no sugar icecream (Dairy Bell and Peters) in processor with whipping cream to suit and some berries and bit of sweetener as required. Process to soft serve consistency.

If anyone else doesn;t like the aftertaste of Splenda, I would like to hear what you like. Thanks. Sally
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 20:55
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sally,

All I use is almond meal. I know of a couple of Sydey folk who used the Atkins Bake Mix (available from GNC I think) and they didn't much care for it,

I think oat flour is still pretty carby.

If you go to my "sticky" at the top of the forum, there's a good Aussie recipe site there, carb-lite.

Or you can look out for stuff from these guys.
http://www.empowerfoods.com.au/products/ I got this from another site - but I have to say I also heard they were very expensive and not wonderful.
Or you could try this gang: http://www.lowcarb.com.au/

Cheers.

Roz
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 03:21
Registered Member

Stats: 264.5/161/154
BF:
Progress: 94%

I found a site that said 1 square (10g) of Lindt 70% has 3.25g carbs and 0.5 g fibre.