Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-09, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (post WLS)
Stats: 384/226/195 Female 189 cm
BF:
Progress: 84%

lol!!

I laugh so much reading this forum!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 06:07

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Hi Fluff, so you like Princess

Hi Fluff

So you like Princess

She is my inner brat...oh the fun we have had together

She has lead me astray sooooo many times, I'm sure she's keeping count with a lipstick mark on her blackboard....she's naughty like that.

I even have pretty little hair clips for her to wear when we clean the house...I say Princess, yes you do have to...., no you can't lay down and read a book, or eat that piece of chocolate, or have a nap. The hair clips are in....you look just too cute (yes, she is a little vain, it always works when you complement her), NOW. She hates being yelled at but she knows by the time it gets to that point, I really mean it.

Scotiagirl and Princess
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 10:52

BF:

Just finished my P.M. callanetics.

I have decided to try doing the A.M. one day and the P.M. the next and see if doing it everyday for 20 minutes works as well as 3X a week for an hour...it works out to 140 minutes versus 180 but I am doing more stomach crunchies (my term) this way. It's just a trial run. Next week the house is not all to myself for the next 3 weeks so it might be easier to get this schedule done than the one I was doing previously.

It is a learning process...always.

Scotiagirl
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-09, 10:55

Plan: Keto and IF
Stats: 181.3/180.6/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:-63.1/-21.3 to go
Progress: 3%

So have you started the new workout routine. Does it seem more manageable yet. I'm so anxious to get my dvd. Can't wait to see how it's done. When you say sessions do you mean a complete hour once a week or one hour 3xs a week?
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-09, 10:44

BF:
Default 11 of 10 done, yes I'm starting my second set of 10

So to answer Smullen's question..(X3 is 3 one hour sessions = 180 minutes)..(or A.M.one day and P.M.the next = 140 minutes)

the A.M. is a workout...the P.M. is not so much a workout but a relaxer..there are a couple of exercises that are challenging though that are not in the 10/10 video.

I did One A.M.and two P.M. sessions and today Princess agreed, though she did so under her breathe so only I could hear...that it was time to step it back up a notch...SOOOOOOO

I just finished my 11 of my 10/10 video sessions....there were a few OUCH moments but I got through it and I am very pleased (although) sweaty...the more you do these exercises the more you sweat...not so pleasant but I think it has to do with muscle mass, the more muscle you have the more you sweat and the deeper you use your muscles when you do these exercises.

I have completely lost the first of my three stomach rolls, the second one is getting much smaller but now the last one looks even bigger...I know that is just because the others are going but it doesn't make me want it...I want it gone...now I will probably never have a flat stomach...even another 25 lbs off won't do that...I have to exercise...but I do see improvement, and that's the start.

On the other side of me the roll above by bottom seems to be moving up

The jest of it is that these exercises are changing my body shape fast and it is just unusual to see things have moved while you are sitting

Scotiatgirl
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 12:46

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 194/192.5/184 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Love Callanetics

Hi Scotiagirl (and Princess)

It's funny, cause I feel more like a princess when I DO the exercise. Feel more like a slug when I don't.

I discovered Callanetics last August. I was 202 pounds when I started and I lost inches so fast that one of my girlfriends nicknamed me the incredible shrinking woman.

I got lazy around April and by June was back to my old evil ways, but happily I started LCing again on 7/6 and started back with Callanetics the next week.

Like you, I love how it reshapes my body!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-09, 17:05

Oh my.... u both r getting me so anxious to start this dvd. I wish it would hurry up and come in LOL. I'm going to buy a measuring tape so I can measure myself before and during the process. I so look forward to doing this
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-09, 11:43

BF:
Default Back Pain GONE I'm Ecstatic

Have officially finished my 12 session of 10/10 (as well as 3 each am., pm.)

I have two exciting things today to post about my work out.

1) I accomplished something today that I have not been able yet....I did 100% of all but 1 exercise...I have come so far and I am truely impressed with my increase in endurance, flexibility, and strength...I can do this.

2) I finished my exercises and was infront of a full length mirror and wanted to check the front stretch the one where you bend over at the hips and try to put your head between your legs...I heard three pops in my back and when I stood up...For the first time in I don't know how long...I HAVE NO BACK PAIN..I am ecstatic, it is euphoric...I am so happy I don't think there is a word for it.

Happy dance yah me
Scotiagirl
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-09, 18:07

Scotiagirl you are doing an amazing job!!!
Keep it up girl
My dvd came in today so I'm going to start it tomorrow.
Exciting
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-09, 18:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:some
Progress: 170%

ScotiaGirl.......Hi I just bought the dvd (10 years younger in 10 day) hope to get it in the mail by the end of the week so I can start. I love to road bike in the mountains where I live but I need a good exercise program and this sounds like the fastest and best. I did ride my bike today 32 miles. Took me 2 hours I LOVE TO CYCLE. Now I want to love to do callanetics too.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 06:16

BF:

Yah I have some playmates

...please come post when you do your session, it would be just wonderful to have company here

...I always feel like I am talking to myself here...which I do outloud, in my kitchen, in stores and in general a lot, it would be so nice to have someone talk back. , other than Princess, (don't fret Princess, you are still number one)

Scotiagirl
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 10:49

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi all!

I started Callanetics yesterday, but mostly I watched the DVD and tried only a few moves. Today, I plan on trying to get through as much of it as I can, so I'll consider today my first session.

Will post again tomorrow to let you know how I did!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 11:54

BF:

Tried on several pairs of shorts today and they fit...it was such a motivator that I decided to do the A.M. session...I just finished and am off to have lunch....I feel great

Scotiagirl
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 04:54

Congrats what a great feeling that is. I'm doing a happy dance for you

I tried to start my dvd yesterday and got to do the warm up, stomach and legs then the picture froze. I think my player needs to be cleaned. But boy that dvd is deceiving On I think the third warm up where you reach up and bend a little, my fingers started tingling. Was I doing it wrong or was it cause I had to hold my arm up for so long Then the stomach ones were okay to me but my neck started to hurt trying to hold up this big head of mine any suggestions of keeping that pain away?

Well I hope your off to a good morning friend. I'll stop in again later.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 06:12

BF:

Thanks Smullen, dancing with the girls can be some much more fun than with the guys sometimes
I've answered your questions for you in your journal.
You have to start a gym log now girl...that's what people do when they exercise on a regular bases...it has kept me honest

Scotiagirl