Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-10, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I always have a little concern about out-of-country pharmacies because they've been known to sell fake drugs, sometimes with harmful things in them.

A valid concern. The pharmacies I use are not only vetted by the thousands of members of the RT3/Adrenal/Thyroid groups, I can assure you I'm getting sealed factory bottles. And as you know, I was able to cure my RT3 problem in a month with them.

I intend to buy the UDCA to tackle my LR problem from the same place and again, without a prescription though I have one. Far less expensive than getting it here even with insurance! Just make sure you're getting a recommendation from a site or group you trust to have done the proper vetting.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-10, 13:21
Registered Member

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 196.2/137/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Nancy LC: I just tried for the first time taking my thyroid med at night, and for the first time since I started low-carbing (July last year), I didn't wake up groggy! This was a fantastic suggestion for me, thanks. I noticed you went back to taking it days, then switched to nights again. Was that because it stopped working so well at nights, or were you just experimenting?
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-10, 13:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I actually was feeling hyperthyroid so I switched back to days. Then I noticed I was sleeping 9-10 hours a night and starting to get cold, so I switched back again. It really makes such an enormous difference, I might need a weaker dosage if I take it at night.

So even now after a week, I'm running around feeling a little hot when it's 68' in the house... it's just amazing.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 196.2/137/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Yeah, I've noticed that I have warmed up somewhat. That's very nice. How I would look forward to feeling a little hyper -- that house of mine sure needs cleaning . . .
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 10:13

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Hyper is a really horrible feeling. I can honestly say going hyper was TERRIFYING. Really.

The old fashioned way of ramping up meds until you start to feel hyper and then backing down to the level before the hyper feeling is a very effective way of getting to the right dose, however it is not pleasant.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 18:35

Plan: VLC 4 days a week
Stats: 337/258/200 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awriter
I get mine from Mexico. And they ship to Canada. The address is available at the Yahoo Leptin Resistance group.

Lisa

That's my source too. Very cheap prices and a great product. Cynomel from mexico.

Patrick
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 18:45

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

the pharmacist suggested I take my Eltroxin in the morning on an empty stomach. The last year or so, I've had a terrible time trying to keep my numbers level. Time for some more research - and I'd never thought that time of day could make such a difference.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 19:25

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtor
That's my source too. Very cheap prices and a great product. Cynomel from mexico.

Patrick

Patrick,

were you ever able to get an RT3 test? ( recall reading that you were looking in the fall.....sorry for the threadjack!)