Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 10:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/145/130
BF:dont wanna know
Progress: 81%
Smile Low Carb Vet Working On Last 15 Lbs!

Heya,

New to this LC site as I have grown tired of my old one- nobody seems to visit it anymore!

Anyways I have been LC'ing since Aug 2001, and have gone from around 210 to my current weight of 145. My goal is 130, and trust me, it has never seemed more frustrating or hard to reach!

My goals:

- to throw myself into this website/support group as I always did best on this WOE when I was consistently in touch/communicating with other LC'ers in the same position as me.

- to start exercising regularly again: I think this is going to be the final PUSH that I need to get rid of these last few lbs and reach my goal weight!

- to drink more water!!

Some issues I am beginning to consider as I tackle these last 15 lbs:

*carb-fat-protein ratio- I am interested in what others are using at the later stages of weight loss (ie: my stage!) and what is working for them! Is it time to start cutting back on fat where loss is impeded?

*adding carbs- my body has become so ultra sensitive to carbs (I stayed on induction levels for quite some time, unfortunately) it worries me!

I would love to hear from anybody who can feel me on these issues!

BTW I am female, 21, from California and living and studying abroad in Scotland. It's funny but there really isn't a LC "scene" here so I have often felt on my own with this particular WOE.

Cheers,
Kellie
210/145/130
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 18:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Kelly, great to have a newbie that's an oldie...if you get my drift

Congrats on the weight loss.. that's awesome.

I'm kinda in a similar place to you....60 down, 20ish to go, but the last few punds is painstakingly slow.

I'm doing some tweeking at the moment too. I think that our food needs change as we get smaller, and at the moment my feeling is that I do need to watch calories...a smaller body needs less fuel) and maybe cut back on fat.

So there's a lot of tweeking going on here to

Start up a journal in the journals forum, so we can share with what you are doing

Great to have you here
Lesley