Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 08:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/185/130
BF:
Progress:
Default New to Protein Power

Hi. I just started on Protein Power on July 14, when I visited my mom and dad, who have been on it for 4 months and look great! She bought me the book and I have been sticking with it with no problem and no hunger between meals. And in the week I have been on it, I have suddenly been able to button 2 blouses around my waist that I haven't been able to button in 2 years! Could this be water weight or am I really losing that fast???
Also, another question---I know when you diet, you lose weight in the breasts. Is there anything I can do to offset this? I can't exercise my upper body due to a shoulder dislocation (will be having surgery in the next few months.) Any suggestions? That is the ONLY place I don't want to lose weight!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 08:10
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Welcome aboard Terre,

Water weight-loss occurs in the first couple of days, and it comes back on and off based on several factors that lead to bloating and de-bloating (for lack of a better word).

The weight you lose beyound the water weight can only be either fat or muscle. If you you are low-carbing and eating enought protein, the weight loss is mostly fat. If you areleating low-calorie, the weight-loss is mostly muscle.

Congrats on the loss so far, and looking forward to hearing about your success.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 09:38
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Terre!

Sadly, you can't decide where you will keep the "bulk". Your body does that for you.

Protein Power is a great program. You'll just feel wonderful on it!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 10:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard terre! i'm glad you're enjoying protein power! isn't lowcarbing the easiest way to lose weight and feel great! too bad about your shoulder! that sounds really painful how about an isometric exercise for your bust. remember that one from when you're a kid? i must, i must, i must improve my bust! cross your arms at shoulder level with hands on opposite upper arm. now flex your pecs and hold for a count of 10. release and repeat. do it as often as you can. try red lights when you're driving! this will keep the pecs beneath the breast tissue strong. hope this helps! good luck with your surgery! keep us posted!