Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 17:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 350/350/207 Male 77"
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Offering my help

Hi there,

I've been wandering around the site, and I've just entered my first day on a lo-carb diet into the P.L.A.N system, great! Its handled all the things that I woudn't record in the same place, and I can see me using it on a day-to-day basis.

I'm a professional PHP developer working in the UK on various Content Management Systems and CRM's, and have created many things from e-comms packages to xml servers . If I can lend any help to the PLAN project, I would be glad to.

Hope to hear from yo.

Chris Williams.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 01:24
Lovin' The GI Diet!

Plan: YOU: On A Diet
Stats: 250.0/231.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks Chris!
Seems like the PLAN system is great but no one can figure out how it works..I have fiddled with it a bit , but it's really hard to learn! All I got so far is the weight graph. Tried a few recipes but that didn't work out so great. Guess I can't ask for anything special...maybe you could wright a manual..lol.
Thanks anyway.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 06:38

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Default Hi

Surfer376
I haven't tried entering a recipe yet, well I have I guess, but I entered it as a bulk item. Of course the recipe was simple. The best thing to do is wander around in it.. I've managed to put my weight in daily. You know that one. I enter the fat percentage from my scale on the measurements thing. There's two areas of navigation. The one is on the left, but there's also one along the top of the dialog box. I wasn't sure I'd like it, I had actually gotten so used to FitDay. But, I really like the bulk entry. I enter my "anticipated" water intake as several meals. The thing I initially found confusing with the bulk entry was it "looked" as if I were entering it immediately into that day's meals as the dialog box looks the same. (enter into breakfast/snack1/lunch), But what it does is when using a multiple meal option, you're telling it which meals to apply it to. As a single, I just let it use breakfast and then when I am entrying the day's foods, it plugs into whichever meal I indicate at the bottom of that box. With mutiple meals however, it does put it in as the separate breakfast, snack, lunch. You can go back to the food list, and then across the top is your bulk entries, your custom foods, so you can edit them also. You can't delete it IF you've already used it. I had to go back and change the entry on one meal as I had already used it and wanted to have a custom serving size and I haven't seen a way to edit that yet.. So, I deleted it and created another. It seems to me that the first decision is whether or not you want a custom size. Good luck if you decide to try again. I started with basic food entry and wandered around from there..
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 08:39
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
but no one can figure out how it works

??

I've used it daily for months. Takes me about 3 minutes to enter in my daily menus and less than that to enter in custom items and recipes. If you have questions, just ask in the forum and someone will be able to help. It does take some fiddling with, but I guarantee it's worth the time.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 09:57
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Thanks Becki and 2bthinner for the help...I went into the my plan tool support forum and read everything from the start. Seems like lot's of people are having a hard time with it. I make alot of my own foods now and am having a hard time finding nutritional facts on things...like ground fax seeds, buckwheat flour, oat bran , wheat bran , gram flour from chickpeas. Things like that, It just seems like it would take me a year to find info from other sites and enter it all in. This recipe I eat daily and can't find info to enter nutritional facts.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...5&postcount=595
Thanks
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:01

Default Try here...

This site has a butt load of stuff. And it even breaks it down much like P.L.A.N.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html

It's a busy page, I just go to food search, on the right.

The tool link here also has a lot of foods, but this one has a more detailed breakdown. I guess it depends on how much research you want to do. Tools button up top.

Last edited by 2bthinner! : Tue, Nov-29-05 at 10:08. Reason: another site
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:08
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Thanks been there...that's one I couldn't find items on like flax meal.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:16

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c20p1.html

I put in flaxseed and got this. The only measurement for ground was tbls. They had a cup, but it was whole. Maybe if you break it down by serving?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:18

Default According to

my Chef's Dry Measures magnet...

˝cup=4 fl oz= 8 Tbsp = 24 tsp = 118 ml
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:27
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

You should be able to just take the nutritional info off of the package and enter it into Custom Foods.

My flaxmeal gives nutritional value as follows:

1 cup
480 calories
36 fat
32 carb
16 fiber
24 protein
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 10:30
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

You ladies are so nice. Ok here's the deal...all these ingredients need to be in fridge so I zip loc em and tossed the box's. So that's why I don't have info. I guess when I restock I will have to wright it all down. Thanks for all your help!
Have a great day!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:01

Default What I did for a while,

I'd cut the nutritional info off and hang onto it. (If you have a lot, you might buy a photo album, that's what my recipes are in..) I don't know how often you go to the store, but take a small pad of paper with you and get the nutritional info off of it in the store...
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 11:17
Lovin' The GI Diet!

BF:

Great Idea , thanks Teresa!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 15:18
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Another idea is if you know the brand name, many manufacturer's (sp?) have the nutritional info for their products listed on their website.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 15:49

Stats: 184.8/164.1/149.6 Female 165 cm  5' 4"
BF:>30%/19%/12%
Progress: 59%

I love the my PLAN and don't find it hard to use at all!

I do admit that I tend to use the custom food part a lot especially since a lot of our brands differ from yours in the states.

One suggestion, I would like is to have a section under measurements where you can record skin-fold measurements if you want. This is in addition to the measurements section, I keep mine on little scraps of paper, but I would love to have a record on the same site I put everything else into.

Just an idea.