Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 15:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/210/150 Female 5feet and  5 1/2 in
BF:47%
Progress: 0%
Default Hey, THERE you are fellow Irish !!!

Hi, (or Dia dhuit as we say in the Irish)

I just found this forum and am SO surprised. I'm SO happy to see you lasses and lads.

I'm on holiday/business in America and found the Atkins Diet Revolution book as well as the Atkins for Life and then started the diet THREE DAYS ago.

I'm so happy to see other Irish people on the diet as I've been wondering how I'm going to stick with this when I get back home what with two kinds of potatos and brown bread at every meal and the office pub lunches of roast and gravy on the work days.

You know how it is in Ireland. If you're not eating then you're not well. Especially, the Sunday dinners at the mammys.

Awhile back one of the neighbours who has a bit of land by ours told a relative at mass that I looked to be a "fine block of a woman" and you KNOW that is not a compliment anywhere outside of rural Ireland.

I don't want to be a "fine block" anymore. I want to be like Gwyneth Paltrow. Well, maybe a BIT fatter.

Can't wait to talk to you. Any suggestions or tips will be followed faithfully.

The first night I had a terrible headache and found the chat here. The people were SO nice and told me where to go to start my journal and how to do my BMI. I did both right that very night.

Maybe I can succeed this time with this kind of help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 15:09

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Welcome here, Josette, I haven't been here much lately, too busy with work etcetera, but it is a great forum. The Irish are a bit slow in replying, I have discovered, but it is quite possible to do Atkins in this country. If you go out for lunch, I have an Irish fry with mushrooms instead of baked beans and no black and white pudding, but an extra rasher or 2. People are really helpful, I have found!

Let me know how you've been doing!

Willeke
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 10:46
Jerzee

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello Josette

I am 100% Irish born in the US. Nice to see they have a forum here for the Irish, this way when we get drunk and trash the place, we won't ruin the party
Just kidding, welcome to the US!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:39

Plan: www.radiantrecovery.com
Stats: 155/152/140 Male 169cm
BF:
Progress:

That's the worst thing about low-carb in Ireland, feck all to do that doesn't involve alcohol !!