Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-05, 13:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/230/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 33%

Outstanding - you got rid of the habit and now can focus on the health issues - great job
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 13:34

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Still not smoking! YEA!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-05, 17:03

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Way to go! You're going to be 1 year smoke free very soon.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 06:00

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

You guys keep up the good work, I quit cold turkey on October 15, 2005. I had the inside of my house painted this summer, and could not believe how the nicotine had accumulated on the ceilings. It made me feel so dirty, and of course my hubby smokes too. So I took a stand, hoping he would follow. The best he is doing is smoking outside. I feel better, smell better, and the wheezing at night is gone, so as Martha Stewart says, it is a good thing!!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-05, 20:54

BF:

Keep going, Kyowoman! I quit cold turkey October 28, 2005...9 weeks nicotine free today.
I know what you mean about the wheezing...I don't miss that at all.
I did notice a lot of triggers through the holidays, but have managed to not give in to any of them which is a good feeling.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 04:05

BF:

Good job for you too. I bought some peanuts in the shell, and I find it really works for me when I am nervous or when I would otherwise light up a cig..I just crack open a few nuts and enjoy. You know I find though, that I cant stand the smell of my husband smoking. I dont want to upset him by complaining, because I know there is nothing worse than an old smoker being a bitch! But my nose is really super sensitive!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 09:17

BF:

Fortunately for me, I was the only smoker in my household so I don't have to put up with smelling someone else smoking if I don't want to. All my friends are smokers, though and I have to consciously remind myself not to wrinkle my nose when I walk into their houses because it does smell like an ashtray to me. I think the reason that our sense of smell seems so sensitive is because we didn't realize how bad our sense of smell had gotten while we were smokers and now that it's coming back, it takes getting used to again. Believe it or not, even smelling the exhaust from other cars now bothers me.
OTOH, I'm very much looking forward to being able to smell the wonderful smells of spring.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 06:44

BF:

So where are the use to be smokers for 2006, everyone still on the wagon? Still smoke free since October 15, 2005 . Cold Turkey
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 21:02

BF:

Quote:
So where are the use to be smokers for 2006

Still nicotine free since October 28, 2005; quit cold turkey.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 04:45

BF:

Good job Lisa! I think now I have it whipped. Still have to contend with my hubby who refuses to slow down! I am getting to where I cant stand the smell!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-06, 16:16

BF:

kywoman, I'm not going to claim victory just yet, although I will say optimistically that the war is going very well at the moment. In the past, I've gone 4 months without smoking and then relapsed. I think I'll be feeling more comfortable with my quit when my 1 year anniverasary rolls around but even then we have to work at not getting complacent; once an addict, always an addict and we are all never more than 1 puff away from relapse.
I'm noticing lately that I'm having thoughts of smoking less and less which tells me that more and more of my subconscious triggers are being broken and I'm steadily progressing in breaking all the aspects of my addiction.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 06:01

BF:

I keep telling myself that everyday I am a winner. I am so glad the wheezing is gone, that had me concerned. I like the smell less and less and now finding it really unpleasant. A lot of our family smokes and have opted to smoke outside, which I cant believe. I have said nothing about it. You know I think my biggest turning point is when we painted the interior of our house this summer, and didnt realize the residue....I was astounded!! I thought my ceilings were white until the first roller of paint was put on.....wow....keep up the good work, I really dont have the urge at all. Cigs are all over my house and it would be easy if I really wanted, but since I choose not too it seems a lot easier!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 06:03

BF:

Hey Lisa did you notice not to many people responded to this thread, hope they didnt fall off the wagon!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/242/180 Male 6'0
BF:
Progress: 13%

I still cant bring myself to quit, especially now that im going full-bore on the lc. I feel like I need one to curb my appetite or I need one to relax me, or I need one because its 430 on a tuesday....Im frustrated but Im figuring that once the weight is off and Im healthier in general it will be a lot easier to qit smoking. Im probably deluded but thats my hope...
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 22:33
Registered Member

Plan: Natural/organic low-carb
Stats: 412/251.5/175 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kywoman2
So where are the use to be smokers for 2006, everyone still on the wagon?

Last cigarette on June 29, 2005. Read "Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking" three times, had 1 hypnosis session, and nothing else.

Myra