Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/217/110 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: 2%
Question Fibroids Question

Fibroids Question
I was wondering if anyone had any information on fibroids and following a low carb diet. Any information would be appreciated!

*I have found information that is always telling me to cut meat and dairy and eat whole grains and fruit. I am overweight as well and am wondering if I should stay low-carb to lose the weight or eat as everything I am reading to shrink my fibroid if possible.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 12:28

Plan: fat flush
Stats: 221/206.5/150 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi there:

I also have fibroids. I have never thought to check with my gyno about this. If you get any info pls let me know.

Roe
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-04, 08:19

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey Ladies!

I also have a fibroid which I found I had by accident. DH and I were trying for baby #2 and things were going smoothly until TOM's startted getting so excruciatingly painful I couldn't stand it. I thought my endo had come back. I went to an RE and he scheduled me for surgery only to find that I am clear of endo (WHOO HOO!) but I have a fibroid (BOO HISS!) So I went on continuous birth control because the pain was so bad. Surgery isn't an option because I want to have another child and removing the fibroid will decrease my chances of conceiving because of where the fibroid is. Well this past Saturday I took my last pill. And knock on wood - so far no pain. I am hoping that this WOE has helped my fibroid shrink. I'll keep ya'll posted as to the pain!!

If anybody has any other info I would greatly appreciate it as well!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 12:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 258/247/180 Female 5 ft, 5 in
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well, I've had one full month of no pain! I can't believe it! I certainly hope this LC WOE is helping! I will update again next month!! WHOO-HOOOO NO PAIN!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 13:03
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Red clover, 1000 mg. per day, is supposed to help shrink fibroids, and get rid of the pain and excess bleeding. And if you're taking any vitamin E, get off of it. That worked for me.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 09:38

Plan: I don't know
Stats: 115/115/110 Female 5 feet 3 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Red Clover and Fibroids

I wonder how Red Clover should help to shrink fibroids. The growth of fibroids is influenced by estrogens, hence they normally shrink with the beginning of the menopause. Red clover is prescripted as substitute for estrogens during menopause. I rather think that red clover might enhance the growth of fibroids.