Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 11:06

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default I had 1 slice of bread, now feel guilty...

I've been doing a great job on the diet. I feel great. But, this morning I was simply tired of bacon and eggs. I felt I just need one slice of bread, and a spoonful of grits (just one tablespoon).

It was so good. Now I feel so bad. I know I shouldn't sneak in carbs like that, even though I'll be under my 30 grams today. I'll certainly make sure of it.

Do you guys think this is just the beginning of sabatoging my diet. Let me know how I should handle this in the future. I feel great, I've dropped 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm exercising and feeling quite possitive. Any advice for the next time I feel this episode coming on?

I can also tell you that last night I fired my so called "boyfriend" which was long overdue.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 11:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/245.5/180 Male 5ft 11in
BF:
Progress: 59%
Talking

Don't beat yourself up about it. It is okay to take a step backwards once in awhile, just as long as you start taking steps forward again. The worst thing to do is feel guilty about, it was not wrong. Just keep reminding yourself how much better you feel and the reasons you are changing the way you live. Also, check out some of the LC receipes to get a variety in breakfast foods.

Hang in there. You can do it.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 11:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

hi mystery,

First, you haven't blown it. .. Your carb intake can average out over the course of a day or two, if you're careful.

That being said, whatever you choose to eat is just that - a conscious choice that you make at the moment. We can't avoid the stressful situations, nor can we predict when and how they'll happen. The choices we make are neither good/bad nor right/wrong. But they CAN be either helpful or detrimental to reaching our weight loss goal or improved health. Accepting responsibility for our choices is empowering, and much better than feeling guilty.

Today, you may choose to keep the carbs in check for the rest of the day, maybe tomorrow too. Drink lots of water to help flush out the carbs, and eat lots of protein to avoid blood sugar dips and swings caused by the blast of insulin. This is important to prevent cravings which may be triggered by this "indiscretion"

Congrats on the 15 lbs lost so far and keep up the good work. You CAN do this.

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 16:12

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%

doreen,

Thanks for the inspiration. Actually the rest of my day is going very well. I had a small salad and some hot wings. It is so difficult to get the water in on the weekend. At work it is so easy to drink the 90 oz of water that I try to consume daily.

Thanks again guys for the help and inspiration.

I don't know if most of you know Service Merchandise (retail store), but they went out of business. So I purchased me so jewlery.

So I certainly feel much better.