Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 14:58

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Attn: Nolly, regarding dermatitis

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I saw in the research/iknowall's thread, you mentioned your low-fat/high-carb diet may have caused your dermatitis.

I'm having horrible problems with this recently, and have changed detergents, and other possible irritants. I am trying to get going on my lc wol, but today is another "Day One" for me

I recently read that what you eat can cause dermatitis, even localized dermatitis like I have. Do you have any information or links you might share about this? The creams my Dr. prescribed only provide temporary relief and I believe they are steroid-type. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 17:43
Registered Member

Plan: na
Stats: 225/212.5/180 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default dermatitis

Hi Cory, I never went to my doctor about the rashes. As a matter of fact, I never went to the doctor at all when I was thin because I was afraid he would ask about my diet. I was embarassed. I knew that eating that way was not quite right.I think it was due to a yeast infection that was not localized to my scalp & genital area (where it is commonly found). I tried everything-Tea tree oil, iodine, the cream that comes with a Canesten pack, nothing worked! I know now after reading Atkins book that it was due to the overabundance of sugar in my body. A typical day for me waould be pasta (white of course), white bread, 10 cups of coffee with double sugar & skim milk, sugar sweetened fruit drinks, lots of fruit (esp. bananas) and other carb -laden low fat foods. Since starting this WOE I've not had ANY of these symptoms & I feel fantastic. You say this is your 2nd time around? How long (this time) have you been on? It might be detergents, the cleansers you are using for yourself or your home, air fresheners... the list is numerous as I'm sure you know. Maybe your MD could refer you to an allergy clinic or a dermatologist. You may have eczema or psoriasis which can develop at any stage of life. All I know is that when I cut ALL carbs out of my diet there were no more problems.--Good luck!!!Nolly

#3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 07:33

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default THANK YOU!

I'm not sure what is going on. I probably do need to see a real dermatologist. (I really hate Doctors though - yuck!) I've also heard stress can cause dermatitis. Who me, stressed??? LOL

Thanks for your quick reply! Hopefully LC will suit me as well it suits you!