Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 18:44
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%
Unhappy I am so disappointed that I will have to spend the rest of my life on LC

Ok, this is a warning in advance that this is a whiney, pity party for me. I think I am wired differently than most people I have no will power, hate all exercise and love to eat. Let me start by saying I have lost the same 50 -75 pounds over and over and over again in my life. My most recent was in 2007 -2008 I lost over 75 pounds. I gained 10 pounds back and pretty much maintained it for two years. I kept trying to lose weight unsuccessfully, probably by eating too many calories, too many berries, cream, chocolate and nuts. I must admit by fall 2010 I was getting very tired of low carb. I was seriously missing eating the desserts, pasta, potatoes, bread, cereal, flavored yogurt etc. Well in November I had to put my 15 year old dog down and that hit me pretty hard, the next month in December my 3 year old dog who was like one of my children got sick suddenly, started having terrible sypmtoms, seizures and severe pain. and died and extremly painful death in mid January. I lost it, spent about a month eating everything I had been missing. Then I tried weight watchers and about 5 other diets. I failed miserably. Not only did I fail but I have gained another 25 pounds. I feel so out of control. Everyday I say " today will be the day I "Start" again". By 3:00 eveyday I had failed another day. I had no will power I cannot resist anything. I was buying candy when going to the store, eating french fries, bread, baking cookies. So today I started low carb again. I am so mad at myself that I cannot live in a controlled manner in the real world. Why can't I follow a healthy diet and have the occaisonal splurge like the other thin people around me. I am so depressed that I am back to meat, lettuce, low carb vegetables, eggs etc. Just feeling sorry for myself and needed to vent.
Sponsored Links