Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 190/175.0/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking Many Thanks to all you Atkids!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who posts on this forum. Today is my 14th day of Induction doing Atkins for the very first time. I haven't posted before because luckily I was able to find many threads with my exact questions and concerns answered in the most compassionate, encouraging manner. You are all wonderful!

I imagine I should be posting this under Introductions or something, but I really did want everyone here to know how much you've helped me embrace this plan these past 14 days.

I lost 5.5 lbs. the first week; TOM arrived in the middle of my 2nd week, so I don't think I want to weigh again for a few more days -- otherwise, I just know I'll be disappointed in what I see. It's driving me nuts waiting to see my 2-week total though!

I can't believe how fantastic I feel and even more, the foods I'm able to eat on Atkins are a dream come true. I am loving my daily taco salad, complete with cheddar cheese, avocado and sour cream!!! As a former low-fat dieter, I still can't believe the things I'm able to have and still lose weight.

I feel like I know some you from reading your posts these past 2 weeks. I just wanted to finally de-lurk and say Hi. As my user name says, my name is Lisa, and I'm a recent transplant from the DC area to Houston, TX. I got married last May and relocated here since my hubby totally laps me salary-wise and this is where his job is It's been an adjustment being away from all my friends and family, but little by little I'm settling in. I currently telecommute for my previous employer located in MD, but I think after the first of the year, I want to find something where I at least go into the office several times a week. I'm not going to meet too many people sitting here on the couch tapping away on my laptop!

I've got about 40-50 lbs. I'd like to say goodbye to forever (5'8", 189.5/184.5/??), and for the first time in ages, I really feel it's possible to accomplish, especially with all the great success stories I read here!

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!

-Lisa

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

"As a former low-fat dieter, I still can't believe the things I'm able to have and still lose weight."

I'm with you, Lisa! It still astonishes me. We're about the same height with about the same excess weight. Click on my profile to see how much Atkins has accomplished for me.
You can do it!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:42

Stats: 193/179.5/160 Male 70"
BF:Lots of it!
Progress: 41%

Howdy Lisa!

Glad to see you are doing so well and welcome to TX!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 10:22
Registered Member

Stats: 195/182/165 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hey Lisa, I am with you, i cant believe that eating all the foods u like and still losing weight i started Atkins on 11/3 and have lost 8 lbs to-date avoiding carbs is not as tough as some people say.

good luck reacing ur goal
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 10:32
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hey Lisa,
glad you came out of the lurking shell...heheheh
start a journal and stay a while!!! Congrats on the loss so far, I am sure you are going to continue to move down the scale!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 11:16

Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

Welcome Lisa! This WOE really is a no-brainer. Uninformed folks just don't understand -- they think all we eat is bacon and eggs.

Good luck to you in your LC journey! The best is yet to come!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 11:40
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for doing your reading first! Sounds like you'll fit right in! I've been with Atkin's since March and am struggling now, but dang it-I'm gonna succeed!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 11:55
Nequaquam Vacuum!

Plan: The Zone, Fat Flush
Stats: 178.5/147.5/147.7 Female 64 inches
BF:more than enough
Progress: 101%
Talking Welcome

Always great when someone delurks, even better when someone delurks in COLOR! Welcome and congrats on your loss.
Jasmine
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 18:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Welcome Lisa ! I feel the same as you do. The people here are wonderful and they are a terrific support group. Log on here often and let us hear from you. Good Luck!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 19:29

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome! Your life sounds exciting right now, and I hope that this WOE is just part of the new and interesting things going on. We used to live in DC---and were happy to leave the traffic behind when we moved away. Good luck for your 2 week weight check! Like you I lost 5.5 lbs. the first week, and ended up with an 8 lb. loss after 2 weeks of induction.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 19:39

Stats: 217/203/150 Female 5'1"
BF:not/quite/sure
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon
This WOE really is a no-brainer. Uninformed folks just don't understand -- they think all we eat is bacon and eggs.

heh - i had that for breakfast.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 20:33

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum! Glad you are here with us. Sounds like you are doing great!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 21:50

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Welcome, Lisa! Glad you decided to de-lurk!