Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/194/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Angry Confused

I am so confused about this "hidden carb" thing. Today I purchased an Atkins Advantage bar, and I figured for an occasional snack at work I'd have 1/2 of one. I read the nutrition info and it said it had 2.6g of carbs, with an asterisk next to it. The * denoted that polydextrose, xylitol and glycerine were omitted from the carb content as their impact on bloodsugar/insulin levels is negligible. I didn't quite understand what that meant, but I figured, hey, what the heck, it's an Atkins bar for cryin out loud! But I still decided to check for "hidden carbs". And I was so disappointed!! According to the counter, the Atkins bar had 11g of carbs!! How accurate is that, and do all 11 grams affect me the same way, since the bar manufacturer only listed 2.6g as actual "carbs"?? Gosh, I hope I'm making sense.
Also, has anyone found that eating these bars has hindered their weight loss in any way? Or what about those of you who have them and have no negative affect at all. I really want to omit anything and everything that hinders my weightloss, or even stalls it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 20:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Cheer Up

Hi ang, I personally cannot eat those bars. They don't agree with my tastebuds. The good thing is that you found out about this quickly before you got hooked on them. I've tried to get into that hidden carb counter but I cant for some reason. I have the aoltv so maybe that makes a difference. If you something that may help me get in there please let me know. How you doing on the weight loss? I finished my first week with 8 lbs. I'll be starying week2 now. Also you were right about the posts amounts in order to PM. Once you get 25 you can start. Hope to hear from you. Sabrina
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 21:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/194/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Sabrina,
I'm not too familiar with AOLTV, I would suggest contacting their technical support. I don't see howyou can get into this website, but not to other pages linked to it.

BTW, Congrats on your loss!! That's awesome. It seems as though we're losing at the same rate (I lost 8 the first week, and 2 this week). I wanna start working out, hopefully that'll help me lose faster.

As far as the Atkins bars are concerned, I just wanted to satisfy my craving for sweets the "legal" way. I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to gettting rid of it altogether!! That's gonna be tough, but I'm a fighter....AND a winner. WE ALL ARE.

Hey, do you ever think about how TERRIFIC we're gonna look next summer?!?! I get sooooo excited when I think about it! We're gonna knock 'em dead!!