Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 17:38

Plan: my own ~ fasting.
Stats: 178/134/110 Female 4ft.11
BF:
Progress: 65%

Iam doing good still. I have a 6 week bet with mtself that Iam going to drink more water keep going to curves 5 days aweek. 100 abs. every other day and walk 2 miles.
Iam still same wt. as of last Friday . But I still have 5 weeks to see what I can pull off. Goal>>for 5 weeks is 10 lbs.
All diets works as long as u stay with it . Has to be a life of healthy eating.
I like curves diet But I must say I did learn from Atkins.I dont think being on induction for long time as long as u feel good. eat right and keep exericing. If u stall or gain add or take something away.

janet
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:38

BF:

Iam doing curves dietand going to curves 5 days aweek.
I love them both.
U dont count your shakes .they are free.even if u add milk.
I dont like curves shakes made with soy.
But they have another one. I been buying 2 a pay at 67.oo but it is worth it. So good and thick. I get Choc. and vanilla.
and the salads and free veg. u get to have aalot. in fact alot of free foods.
but i must say those shakes.metabo pro. are great.and 25grams protien.
hope all do well on curves diet. low carbing is just a way of life for me. and has been for awhile.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 10:53

BF:

I was looking at this site.I was wondering how u all were doing with the diet and going to curves/??
I do both and love it.Just weight is still slow at coming off.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 06:54

Plan: Curves
Stats: 205/175/138 Female 63"
BF:
Progress:

I have been going to Curves since 12/04 but did not get serious about the excercise or diet till the beginning of Februay. Since then I have been following the diet and excercise plan and have lost 26 pounds and 15+ inches. I probably could have lost more but went on vacation for 2 weeks and put a few back on. I love the diet and for the most part have no problem staying on it.
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 03:02

Plan: still decided
Stats: 214/214/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Net Carbs on Curves?

Hi everyone!
After reading about this plan from all of you here on this board, I decided to give it a try and I really do like it. But I just realized...

Am I supposed to be subtracting out the fiber grams from the carb grams to arrive at my 20g a day? I couldn't find anything in the book that says to do that but I've always done it on every other low- or moderate-carb plan I've ever been on.

Pam
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-05, 17:44

BF:

Hi Pam
As you see I'm;doing curves diet too.
YOU are NOT to subtract any fiber grams. You are todo whole carbs and write those down.I'm going to look at book tonight.
BUT I do know you dont subtact any thing.
IKnow it was hard to do.when u are used to doing net carbs but you dont do net carbs.
I know that In Aug. Curves diet will be changing some. DONT know how or what BUT somethings will be done diff.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-05, 09:10

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I have been bad in my workout schedule - only going on Saturdays, but still doing a lot of walking and my eating plan (Atkins) to say the least is up and down. Yesterday I started 100% back to everything and plan on staying that way. I blew it a couple of years back when I lost 30+ only to put it on again. This time around I'm determined to win for good.

Vikki
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jun-18-11, 10:57

Plan: curves
Stats: 234/220/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:
Default worked at a Curves

Curves is a geat diet...yes it is alot like Adtkins...but its a lower fat diet or quality fat diet diet. Eating things like EVOO, chicken breast and turkey breast meat...using butter sparingly and avoiding margaries....Its also about finding protein sources from plant based foods as well. They have free foods alot of veggies and fruits....and yep I love the protein powder drinks. If memory serves, you do it in stages, "detox" so to speak, only 20g of carbs then it goes to 40 and 60 ( at leats thats what it was a few years ago when I did the diet the first time...and EXERCISE was a must....I lost 50 pounds, got sick, got lazy, went back to garbage foods, and packed on the pounds again and even found my fat had some friends that it brought along when it came back.

The thing I loved best is that Gary tells you about eating quality foods. High volume foods...prepare ahead foods...so that meal time is pretty quick and easy. Curves teaches you how to hanle the non dieting people in your family, how to handle the kids and junk foods...My kids loved Junk food day ( thats what I called it). It started out a big pain to retrain the brains...but after 2-3 weeks it went from a box of little debbies...to us having dinner out once a week.

As we know, its about changing your life forever, not getting to size??...If you can live this way you will keep it off, if you stop and give way to old habits you will fail...and what I have done now this time is really add exercise in that is the missing link.... anywho...hope that helps...and yep I rejoined curves again, and I am loving it...))