Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-06, 02:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 225/205/175 Female 5'5
BF:?
Progress: 40%

Merry X-Mas grrls! Hope
everyone is thinner in
the new year!xxxxxrust
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Tue, Dec-26-06, 06:49

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 220/190/120 Female 5ft 5inch.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hey Rusti

How nice of you tocome over and hail us up.

I wish for you too a healthier 2007and I am looking forward to the support and the challenges and achieving my goals.
  #843   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 18:14

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%
Default The dinosaur lives!

Hi all! What do Thanksgiving, Christmas and a wrenched back equal? In my case, 18 lbs. But the holidays are over and the backache is pretty much history, so it's time to get back on the wagon. Perfect timing too - our insurance finally came through and approved DH to get LapBand surgery! I love him dearly, but he has been the worst (unwitting) enemy to my LCing. Since his stomach will only be able to hold a couple of tablespoons of food post-op, his diet has to be comprised primarily of protein! Woo hoo! Instant support for my LC WOE!! I talked with my Dr about having the surgery myself - he wants me to see how I'm able to do after DH has his and we all have to change what we eat. If that doesn't help, then I'll probably wind up having it.

Lynne, we're headed down south in April - have to get some tips on where to go. We'll be in Key West for 4 days, stopping in Miami for one (we have to cruise South Beach in the convertible, after all!), then on too "the Magical Kingdom that Walt built" for 3 days. It's our big trip for the year.

Well, we're off to go eat at Ruth's Chris for dinner (gift card, yay!). DH has to start his pre-op diet tomorrow (very LC, fairly low fat - basically Atkins induction - to shrink his liver prior to his surgery). One last hurrah.

Hope to hear from someone soon...

Last edited by MsDad : Thu, Feb-08-07 at 21:06.
  #844   ^
Old Thu, Feb-08-07, 19:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/255/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have been hoping to find a place with GLBT family! So glad to see this thread. Doesn't look like it is very active though...anybody there?
  #845   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 02:15
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Sorry Chloe - hardly ever anymore....denise
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #846   ^
Old Fri, Feb-09-07, 20:58

BF:

That is sad! I was hoping to maybe connect with some new friends! Oh well. If anyone wants to talk...I started a journal yesterday. I am going to try and stick to it.... Wish me luck!
  #847   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 13:50

Plan: my own
Stats: 44/41.5/32 Male 5'8
BF:32%/28%/17%
Progress: 21%

I hope this thread can get revitalized, too. I haven't read the entire thread yet, and I feel a little awkward splatting my story into it, when the thread has been slow and I know it's just going to sit there for anyone to see when they pass by

I may be the only trans person on the forum; I am in my group of friends, and at my church, and most of the places I spend my time online. I just had my top surgery on January 31st, so I'm still recovering and can't work out. Even with the swelling and bandages and all the rest, seeing myself with a more correct shape has really inspired me, plus the knowledge that I won't have anything in my way anymore when I'm working out or trying to run or do other cardio (that was actually rather painful before). I'm annoyed that I have a few more weeks to wait before I can get into any strenuous activity, and it's too cold here in NYC to go for walks much. So, I'm taking this time to get used to the new diet, and hopefully the initial lethargy so many people report will have passed by the time I can start exercising again, which should be in the beginning of March - though I'll probably still have to contend with post-surgical lethargy, but I doubt I'll have the stamina to do too much initially, anyway.

Hope to see more of you around!
  #848   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 16:40

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%

Just stoppin in to say hi.
  #849   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 21:37

BF:

Hi Azzy,

Whats up girl, How are you handling your eating habits.

This is a very lonely room, so once in awhile someone shows up but nice of you to pop by and say hi.
  #850   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 21:47

BF:

Hey Radiccio,

Congratulations on a successful surgery, just relax and take all the rest you need. As before you know it, its time to exercise.
  #851   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 22:32

Smile Another Jamaican Joins the Group...

kiszes, I have been doing well. Cardio 5-6 times/week and weights 2-3 times/week. 80 floz of water daily. As far as eating goes, at first I thought I wouldn't have the time to cook but I'm learning to cut corners. I have been eating all natural stuff..no cured meats. On Sunday, I made a pan of baked chicken breast, pot of ground beef and fried 2 packs of bacon. All I have to do is reheat the meat and add some vegetables. So I cook only twice a week. Thank God I live alone. I had to throw out my lowcarb ice cream this morning because that situation got out of hand. But other than that things are good. Very very structured living but then again I'm a structure queen. How is your weight loss journey going?

Radicchio best wishes in your recovery. Warm weather is coming soon. We can only hope.
  #852   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 23:10

Plan: my own
Stats: 44/41.5/32 Male 5'8
BF:32%/28%/17%
Progress: 21%

Thanks, azzy and kiszes.

I was able to do some cardio (15 minutes on the elliptical) and some strength exercises that didn't involve my upper body today. It felt good to move again, and it didn't cause me any pain, so it looks like I'll have something to do, at least, before I can use my upper body for anything again.
  #853   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 12:14

BF:

Hey Azzy,

Are you Jamaican too.

I am trying to stay on top of my eating habits too, as well cook as often as I can.

I went walking this morning and will work out before retiring to bed with my daily exercise I am looking forward to some results soon.
  #854   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 20:17

BF:

Gabriel,

Congrats on your surgery!! Thanks so much for sharing your story! I hope the lethargy gets better for you! I can't imagine how much pain you must have gone through but I am sure it'll be worth it when you look like who you know you are! I really respect your decision and your bravery! If you ever need to talk, we are here!
  #855   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 20:44

Kiszes, yup I'm Jamaican...born at Nuttal and all. I haven't been there since the 90's. In what part do you live?

Definitely try to find the time to cook, even a couple times a week. It's a good way to control what you eat. When I don't cook at home, I live a McDonalds. If you know what I mean. Two workouts in one day Don't worry you will see those results. Stick with it.
Radicchio, I'm glad you're out and about