Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/177.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default 10 lbs in a Month !!

Hello - my name is Mary. I am 46 and the mother of 5 children ranging from 11-20. I am also a nurse. I have tried every diet known to man and have struggled with my weight since high school. I have tried Atkins before, but somehow I guess I just wasn't committed enough, or thought that I should have been loosing faster. This time, I have been doing it for a month and it has been slow at times, seeing as how some have lost 10 lbs in the first 2 weeks, but this time is different. I have not cheated once!! I have stayed on program and I really feel great. I was feeling so tired and sluggish and bloated all the time. I know that this has got to be a way of life for me. After one month of eating low carb, i feel different.

I just wanted to say....I think the one of the HUGE differences for me this time is this board... I don't know what I would do without it! I visit several times daily and search any problem I have had to get answers. I appreciate so much all of the advice of all of the others who have posted here. Please know that when your success inspire others so much and that even if no one leaves a note, or comment....it has affected someone.

This world and it's health is out of control and this is certainly a positive step in the right direction for health. I don't know exactly what is involved in the maintenance of this site or who even started it, but THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.

I am so glad that I have friends in low carb places!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 07:46

Plan: LC and PH now and then.
Stats: 176.5/153/140 Female 60 ins
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hello Mary, it is a wonderful site isn't it!
Whenever I have a question or something rolling around in my head I'm always sure to find the answer here.
Apart from the advise and information, our journals are a meeting place where we share a part of ourselves , be it with photo's of our animals or gardens or jokes and whatever tickles us..... and it interesting to learn about other places.

Good luck....
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 08:37
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome Mary. Sounds like you are doing great. 10lbs is 10lbs. Progress is progress. Stick with it and you'll do fine.

You are so right about this site. I've known the basics about low carb dieting forever. But I didn't know what I needed to know to succeed. This site provides so much information and seeing other people struggle, resolve issues, and have long term success is so helpful. It is the fuel the helps keep me on track. I know so much more about what I'm doing now and I feel I've barely scratched the surface.

Keep up the good work. Before long, your kids will hardly recognize you.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 08:40

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Congrats!!!! 10lbs is an amazing loss! Keep at it and you will continue to see the benefits LC has to offer!

Excited for you and this journey you are on!

Happy Losing!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 10:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome, Mary!
How sweet of you to recognize the time so many on this board spend answering questions, and your note makes it all worth while. It helped me to stay committed when I recognized all the non weight related benefits, aka NSV, non-scale victories. Not tired, better mood, skin, less joint and muscle aches, etc. Ten pounds is great in a month, but also keep track of those health improvements and you will not want to back to the grains and sugar that made you tired. All the best,
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 10:39

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Welcome to the board, Mary!

And congratulations on losing 21% of the amount you hope to lose in only 4 weeks!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 12:15
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! Khrussva - I can't wait for my kids to not recognize me!! Janet - it is so true...I have so many more benefits. I feel so much better. I need to make note of those things. I LOVE the quote I have seen on here...'When you want to quit, think of why you started.' That says it all....I was tired, overweight, exhausted, lacking energy, and hated the way I looked. Thank you all for all of your help, I KNOW I couldn't be doing it without the help of this board!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 12:51

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Big kudos on your progress. Pretty much lost 2 Chihuahua's.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-14-14, 14:27
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you Maori! I love your prospective. You are certainly and inspiration to me on this site as I have read many of your posts and seen your loss! It's amazing! Congrats!