Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 21:52

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 161/161/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Howdy!

Hello! I'm new to the board and wanted to introduce myself. I've just started back on TSP and thought it would be nice to meet some other people on her plan. I've been on Atkins before and lost a lot of weight but I think that it just wasn't the plan for me. I've started taking anti-depressants and have gained a lot of weight. It's been REALLY hard to lose and I was wondering if maybe someone else is having the same problem and could give me some advise? Looking forward to meeting you all! -Katherine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 14:20

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Welcome aboard!
The first thing to realize is that this will be a much slower process then Atkins. This program is for life and if it takes a little longer, you can console yourself by how good you feel. The benefits of doing it right versus fast are the long term results and the process itself. This forum is invaluable for the support and knowledge on it. I have tried many things and found slow and easy wins the race. I have just passed the 6 month mark and I have lost 18 pounds. I admit the loss is a little less than I expected, but my health and emotional well being are worth the the slow pace of the process.

I suggest using the supplements that are recommended by the program. I use many of them and I believe they have made a big difference in the way I feel. I sleep! My bladder is much healthier. My disposition is vastly improved. I am a much better person today than I was 6 months ago. Stick with it. The rewards are incredible.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-02, 16:16

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Echoing Judy's message

Hi, Katherine. Welcome! I have to add my dittos to Judy's message. You will find that you lose very slowly on TSP, but you will feel great while you are doing it and you get to eat perfectly wonderful food while you're at it. I have been on this WOL for just over 5 months and I have gotten rid of 28 pounds. That may seem like a lot, but 11 pounds was in the first 2 weeks and was mostly "water" weight. Since then, I have been dropping 2 to 4 pounds a month. That's fast enough for me because I am feeling so great doing it.

Good luck with your experience with TSP. I know you'll love it too.

:-Deb
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-07-02, 16:24

Plan: Schwarzbein Plan
Stats: 265/265/130
BF:
Talking

Hi Everyone. Please be patient with me as this is my first post to your forum, and the format is a little different than I am used to. Do you believe that things happen for a reason? I do...and here is my story. Skinny kid, happy with weight through high school, bad 1st marriage....ate to console myself, 2nd marriage is wonderful, and now eat because I love food! Gave WW an honest try, and after 4 months (under a doctors supervision also)...lost and gained the same 8 pounds no matter what I did. I know the plan works well for some, but just didn't work for me. I have been on BP meds for 6 years now, and just recently (one month ago) was DX with asthma (scary stuff to say the least). I just had a follow up appt. with my wonderful doc this past Friday.....he was very understanding about the weight loss and ongoing problems with the asthma......and it was his suggestion that I try watching the carbs to see if that made a difference. I listened, but all I could think about was the Atkins diet that I tried years ago, and for me it was so limiting. I came home and started to read a magazine that I had just bought (womans world 7/16/02).......and there on page 18 was an article about the Schwarzbein Plan. I read it over and over, and spent a whole day looking on the internet about this WOL. This was the first time I had bought this magazine, and I think I may have an angel looking out for me. This sounds like the program for me...not a diet, but a way of life. I cleaned out my cupboard and fridge this morning....and did some grocery shopping. I will be starting this WOL tomorrow! All of my other tries at "diets" were for vanity reasons......this last and final try is to save my life. I am ony 46 and sometimes feel 70. I want to live an active full life, and live to BE 70, and feel 46! So....thank you for letting me post this long post, and I look forward to getting to know each of you along this journey.

Bella
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 11:57

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 161/161/125
BF:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 00:04

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

Bella 2002
Angels are a real and wonderful thing. Welcome aboard. I think you'll like it here. Use us and learn from us. We all learn from each other around here and it trully is wonderful. There are many guardian angels at this forum. Good Luck