Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 04:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Question FAT/PROTEIN/CARB % on TSP?

Hi there all,

I'm in the middle of reading TSP at the moment and it is very interesting. I'm following Atkins/PP at the moment, but think SP would be great for maintenance, the only thing holding me back from starting it now is that no matter what I eat my %'s always seem to be 70-75% fat, 20 - 25% protein and 5-10% carbs.

I've found that in order to keep loosing the lbs when I increase carbs, I need to decrease the fat at the same time. I find decreasing the fat quite hard. I take tbsp flaxoil daily so that bumps up the fat quite a bit anyway, the rest comes from butter, olive oil, cheeses, cream etc, no bad fats!

The question is, what are the average %'s on TSP? and if the fats are lower, how do you do that after coming from Atkins? Basically I want to be able to eat a little more fruit, which I 'm starting to do anyway with grapefruit and loads of berries, but I'd like to eat peaches and nectarines and all that yummy stuff without slowing down the weight loss.

Anyone able to advise and help me?

Thanks
Ivana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 05:45

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Banana --

I guess I'm a bit confused...are you thing about TSP for maintenance or weight loss? If it is maintenance then I would continue with Atkins and switch to more TSP-type diet when you've reached goal. If it for a change while losing weight then you may be headed for some trouble in the sense that TSP does't limit fat at all - so you can't really break it down into percentages. You are simply aiming for daily balance and trying to eat a minimum of carbs each day as your body will allow.

It sounds to me like you need to jiggle things around with your diet if you want to add in fruit. Perhaps you should continue with Atkins but tweak it to suit you? As long as you are happy with your loss and what you are eating then there is no reason to stick particularly strictly to any one plan unless you feel you need it to stay in control.

Just my $.02!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 06:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Just Interested Really

Hi Lisa,

I think I'll tweek as you say, and move when I reach goal which isn't far now. I was interested to know what the breakdown worked out to if on Schwarzbein and how different, or not, as the case may be, to Atkins ratios.

Is there anyone out there on TSP who uses Fitday or similar who would know their stats on food?

Ivana
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 07:41

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi Banana -

I've used Fitday intermittently and usually have my fats up around 55-70%, protein is usually second and my carbs come in around 5-10%. That being said...I do increase my protein substantially because I weight train (up to 40% or more if I can push it).

Fraid I can't help you much ... might be interesting to check out the menus of some of the other SPers on the list in their journals.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for...