Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 12:51

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%
Question NON-DIET weight fluctuations...

I am just wondering if anyone else experiences unexplained non-diet, non-TOM related weight fluctuations. I have always had to own two sizes of pants. Right now I go between fitting perfectly into my 9s to squeezing into my 11s. I will gain anywhere from 10-20lbs every couple months then lose it again and go back and forth without any changes in my diet, exercise or stress load. I'm not sure why this happens to me and it has happened since high school. It's like I get to feel sexy for a month followed by feeling fat for a month. And like I said, I'm not changing anything noticeable.

Last edited by Niky Brady : Thu, Jul-21-05 at 12:52. Reason: misspelling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 13:51

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Same here. I fluctuate quite a bit. Not 10-20 lbs though. I HAVE noticed an evrey other month or so pattern. I am guessing that is has somthing to to with which side I am ovulating from. Every other month I get zits, and my cramps are more or less depending on what side. I do know that more zits I get, the heavier I am. I have a feeling that this may have somthing to do with it......
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 15:04

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

A ten to twenty pound fluctuation is huge. I vary by -5 to +3, and usually it is diet related.

Is there someone with a voodoo doll of you that is sticking weights on it every so often?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-05, 16:43

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

As we all know, women have an afinity for retaining water simply because we are women. It has been quite warm and my fingers are so fat and tight, I have been tired but exercising. I feel crampy and it isn't time for TOM. I have been consuming extra water to flush out the old water. I have also been craving candy and other junk. But I think that once the body can rid itself of the excess water, it will become normal again. I hope
:-}
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-05, 17:59

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%

I'm not noticing major water retention (my fingers and feet don't swell or anything) and I just feel like 10-20lbs of water is unlikely. I think one of my ex's girlfriends my be using the voodoo doll or putting a hex on me or something