Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 08:54

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning All!

I am enjoying this new thread

Jessica... 2 lbs down for you, that’s great! WTG

Paulette...your own garden sounds awesome! Congrats on being a loser again..woohoo another 1.6

Omg...my dog wants his breakfast, he’s pawing at me! He’s staring at me...lol

Having my first cup of coffee this morning and heading to the gym in a bit. Not sure what I’m having to eat today...either chicken or tuna.

Like Jo said... HAPPY HUMP DAY
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 12:43

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello everyone,
Paulette and Jessica you are doing wonderful with your losses!

De... The gym sounds like a great way to start the day!

Beautiful weather here in the Midwest 60!
Have a wonderful Wednesday and take care of yourself!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 07:27

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 223/207/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

Good morning!! ☀️

Delaney: great job on hitting the gym! What type of workouts do you do?

Bernie: weather sounds gorgeous! I'm in Phx, AZ and it's already too hot here

Yesterday was a good day.

Breakfast was leftover jalapeño cheese sausage
Lunch was cauliflower with French onion dip
Dinner pork ribs (no sauce) and more raw cauliflower/broccoli with dip

Does anyone here grow their own Stevia? I recently purchased a plant and will see how it goes.

Hope you all have a great day!

P.S. Hope you don't mind posting about food. I enjoy reading what others have been eating daily 😊
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 09:48

BF:

Good Morning All

At the gym I do the weight machines for about 90 minutes. Gives my muscles a good workout. We have a stationary bike and an elliptical at home that I do between gym days. We do a lot of dog walking too. I’m liking this new routine so far. My DH and I go separately to the gym. That seems to be working out better for me, before we went together, but didn’t workout together because I go to the women only gym. This way I don’t feel pressured to leave early or stay longer.

I am watching “ My 600 lb life” TV program, mother and daughter. Huge struggles.

We’ve got a lot of wind going on right now. Yesterday was pretty warm, today somewhat cooler.

Posting food here is definitely a good thing. I haven’t decided what to eat yet today. Just having my first morning coffee right now. I typically eat two meals a day.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 12:17

BF:

Good Morning All,

Another beautiful day in the Midwest! High 60’s

Took Magnum and my granddaughter for a long walk!
I had spinach egg muffins and a salad today!
If hungry later it will be tuna with jalapeño and cucumbers!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 17:23

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello everyone I am down .6 lbs again today. I was not expecting another loss, but heck, I'll take it!

Thanks Jessica! I need to make a new little pot of soup today. I seem to live on that stuff lately! And I grew my own Stevia a couple years ago. It grows fast in the sunlight and just about any type of soil. Needs lots of sun. I harvested it and boiled it all down in vodka to make my own sweetener liquid. I found it had a funny taste and dark color, but it certainly was sweet! I have never made it again because I find it easier to buy the pure Stevia powder and simply use that. No taste or color.

It is still snowing here in Wisconsin. We should be getting another Alberta Clipper coming through this weekend and up to a foot more of snow. Sucks. Because the sun is so warm on the nice days! I started on my tan a couple weeks ago! Snow puts a hamper on my ray absorption days. And my 'lings are getting so huge! The petunias I started from seed are now setting buds. If it doesn't get warm soon, I will end up with a basement full of flowering plants!

You all have a good night!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-18, 05:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile

Happy Friday!

Hope this finds everyone doing well!

On the School Front:
Getting ready for our 3 weeks of state mandated testing. As of right now, it doesn't appear that I will be responsible for administering any of the tests. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.

If I don't have to proctor any parts of the tests, I get to have my kiddos and not have to write substitute teacher plans!

It's a lot of work to write sub plan plus we get kicked out of my room (so the kiddos can use my computers to take the test), there's that added component to add to the mix for a sub!

On the Home Front:
Wish I could say the weather was/is beautiful here. The winds are blowin' to beat the band! Crazy azz winds b/c we have a cold front moving in!

Here's what the weather peeps say:
Quote:
Sustained winds will increase to 35 to 45 mph with gusts over 60 mph in the mid-afternoon and evening hours.

Relative humidity will fall into the 7 to 12% range and be slow to recover overnight. This will create a long duration, high-end critical fire weather event!
The fun NEVER ends...

Temp yesterday was 90 and crazy windy; today it will plummet to 63 for our high and will be the same tomorrow. Then on Sunday, it's supposed to be back up to the mid 70s with mid 70s predicted for the beginning of the week.

I guess we're all experiencing crazy weather, huh

Getting the lil' Chico dog after school today until Sunday afternoon.

As usual, I will be working on my w/e "to-do" list. Since Imma a minimalist and a neat freak, doing the normal cleaning chores around my home doesn't take much time at all.

Discovered a new (to me) author that Imma loving thanks to Kindle Unlimited: TR Ragan. Main character is a PI named Jessica Cole... first book is called Her Last Day. It was a real page turner. Started book 2: Deadly Recall. It's really good so far!

And Imma still 💚 loving my tuna salad (mayo, dill relish & jalapeño relish) with my usual leafy green salad! I haven't had chicken in a good long while.

Anyhoo...
My life and soul changin' journey continues...

Last Day of School Countdown = 31 days!

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Apr-13-18 at 05:04. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-18, 08:40

BF:

Hi All..

Our weather is very much like yours Jo. Very, very windy. Yesterday in the 60’s and windy and day before 80’s and windy. I will have to write down that author. I like female detective books.

Yay Paulette on yet another loss

Bernie...your food sounds delish!

Jessica....your meals sounds perfect... your weather hot, ours will be getting hot real soon too! Is your air on yet? We aren’t quite there yet.

Yesterday’s food: I had egg scramble in the morning with spinach, onion, mushrooms. Later meal was grilled chicken with grilled peppers and onion.

Have a wonder Friday
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-18, 12:38

BF:

Hello all,

Congrats Paulette on another loss!

De... your workout sounds great getting all the major muscle groups working!
Jo.... yummy 😋 tuna salad where did you find jalapeño relish?
I have been chopping jalapeño and cucumber to make something like that. Jo, do you make your own mayo or buy it!
Cold and rainy today and going to be snowing by Sunday!
I did my Wally run got tons of tuna, salad and spinach!
Got all my running around done today so I can stay away from the nasty weather!
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-18, 14:55

BF:

Back from the gym. Another good workout

I ate when I got back. Tuna with olives, onion and jalapeños, topped with a little avocado. 3 walnut halves on the side.

Very windy and a little cold out. I wore a light sweatshirt when I went out. Stopped by Kohl’s for some more workout clothes.

TGIF
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-18, 16:14

BF:

Hello all!

I did not lose any more today. Body needs to recoup.

I was busy, too. Doing a lot of design work. It is taking aways from my fun stuff, like writing here!

Jo - I was wondering about your chicken and salad thing just this morning. It is funny to hear you are now into tuna! I still love tuna, too, but I have not been eating it lately as it is too expensive now. When it goes on sale again, I will buy a bunch of cans. Eggs are sky-high now, too! Cripes! Over $3 a dozen!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I am not doing eggs right now.

The bad weather is here. We got hit with a hail downpour earlier, now it is freezing rain and will turn to snow overnight. Here is my car getting pelted with hail!!!

You all have a great night!
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 07:42

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Cool hello everyone!!

hope it's okay that i pop by
i started atkins '72 in january 2015, and in april 2016 i was at my lowest weight since my early 30's.....today i need to re-lose about 20 of those pounds, but am still proud of where i am right now
i have know paulette for a few years now....she was the very first atkins buddy friend that i made, and holds a very warm spot in my
PAULETTE.......holy moly on that hail storm!!!!

Last edited by ChrissieL : Sat, Apr-14-18 at 07:50.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 09:09

BF:

Good Morning All

Happy Saturday...

Wow Paulette, you’re getting some crazy hail there, hope your car is ok. We had two cars damaged a few years ago from hail.

Hi Chrissie, glad you could stop by. As far as I’m concerned, everyone is welcome to post here.

I did my 90 minutes at the gym yesterday, I made my 3 day a week goal. I have to continue on...I am no longer sore, but feel the burn while working out. It feels good

I’m having my grandson over today to give him some one on one time.

Everyone have a great weekend!! 💙
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 09:21

BF:

Good morning everybody!

Hello Chrissie!!!! Thank you for stopping by! Now we can lose together again!

No change in weight for me again today. Revving up for the next whoosh.

Not sure what I am going to have on my menu yet. Besides coffee. I still have to make my chicken soup, so most likely that will be the choice for the day's nourishment.

The storm is ridiculous! We got 14" since yesterday and are looking at another 8-15+ inches before this is all over with!!!!!!!! This is more snow than we got all winter it seems. And it is all happening in spring.

Here is the latest picture of my car:

My BF Ed has been working all morning trying to snowblow and clear that driveway! He finally succeeded, as you can see.

You all have a great day, and I hope it is warm where you are.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 13:08

BF:

Hello all,

Paulette.... We have 40 mile an hour winds and freezing rain here in Illinois going to be changing to snow soon. Me and Magnum hit the trails but it was very windy!
De... Excellent job making the gym goal this week. Enjoy your grandson.
Welcome Chrissie post anytime I would enjoy sharing you weight loss journey!
So far Tuna is about 69 cents a can at Wally World and eggs are running 98 cents. I been luvin the Mediterranean Tuna salad with jalapeño and cucumbers and sometimesblsck olive I then use Jo dressing recipe and I good to go.

Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!