Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 12:41

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Has this been discussed before

Being dreadfully myopic, this was of interest to me.
Myopia and refined carbs

Poofie!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 12:42

Default Hmmm.

Apparently I don't know how to do this either!
good grief!
Poofie!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 20:50

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Default Oh my God!

This is very interesting indeed!

Lets see, I was raised in a meat and potatoes home, and never cared much for bread, rice, or potatoes as a young child. I have heard stories of me being spoon fed and angrily refusing mashed potatoes, but demanding a chicken leg!

Weird huh! So I started out life on the right foot, and it wasn't until my teens that carbs took a hold of my life, but.......

.... to this day, I have perfect vision, up close and far away!

My son, my son!!! Because of my then desire not to be involved in cycle of death in slaughter houses I was a conscience objector to eating meat. So I raised him Vegitarian. .. .. whence I gained over 150 lbs over 6 years!

Needless to say, I got over that, but my son, who is 14 and eats meat, has needed glasses forever......

Interesting correlation!

By the way, another interesting correlation is because my son didn't have meat until he was 5-6 years old, he to this day will only eat meat that doesn't look like it was once alive! He will only pick at a piece of real chicken, it has to be a filet or reconstitued patty, and I don't even try to get him to eat a steak anymore, but put hamberger in front of him no problem.

Strange but true.

Carl
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 20:55

Default Hmm.

Intereseting Ice Dancer..
I was more like you.. believe it or not as a child. I didn't like potatoes or bananas.. and would prefer a bowl of salad, or tomotoes.. and FISH for my food :-)
However I too began to increase my intake of "sugars" in some form or another in junior high, which is when my eye sight really started getting bad.
Another interesting side note to this is that though I stayed very slim through my teenaged years.. i could NEVER get rid of my pot belly.. to strange!
:-) I now believe that some insulin resistance had reared its ugly head then. and I just didn't know it!
Poofie!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 21:10

Plan: Atkins:Very Low Carb(VLC)
Stats: 265/251/165 Male 5'-8"
BF:41/38/15
Progress: 14%
Default By the time you know everything, it's all over!

Well, that's the way it is in life..... but I believe things continue to get better and better, and today, right now, this instant is our only time to make a difference!

Some people would just say I got my dad's eyes, Not my moms, and that my son got my ex-wife's eyes, really bad, but even so, her eyes, and my moms could have been caused by this effect, right?

I had no problems with my weight all through my teens until I stopped Ice dancing, then my bad eating habits along with my compulsive personality caught up with me....... that equaled a life long battle.

But, Ka-ching, ha ha ha - I WIN!!!!

Carl